User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INTP

I think she is unable to see the inherent silliness of everything.

Content. Content? DigitalMethod's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ

Religion and Type - An MBTI Perspective

I found this interesting, although the author seems to be rather bitter. The author seems to create numerous stereotypes.
    Ahem..
    Quote referring to rationals:
    These types are basically Godless and evil. Their choice of "faith" should reflect that.

I find that mildly offensive.
    -Interesting, none the less.
    "The life of the individual has meaning only insofar as it aids in making the life of every living thing nobler and more beautiful."
    - Albert Einstein

MBTI
    eNTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Socionics
    LIE

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalMethod View Post
    Religion and Type - An MBTI Perspective

I found this interesting, although the author seems to be rather bitter. The author seems to create numerous stereotypes.
    Ahem..
    Quote referring to rationals:
    These types are basically Godless and evil. Their choice of "faith" should reflect that.

I find that mildly offensive.
    -Interesting, none the less.
    Hahaa, that's hilarious. Rationals are the anti-christ.

"I have no need for good souls; an accomplice is what I want"--Sartre

psychic changes are born in your heart, entertain.

Blog

I'm an INTJ and I find Ayn Rand to be full of shit

She seems a particularly humorless person and I wouldn't care to live in a world governed by her ideas. I think that her concepts sound better than they'd work in real life because most of them run contrary to human nature. She's a lot like Lenin and Marx in that way.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

The problem with Objectivism is that it doesn't work...no person is like John Galt.. even Ms. Ayn Rand.

Correct me if I am wrong but I have heard that Ayn Rand ("the objectivist") was against homosexuality and has said that men are intellectually superior to women (which is a case for Ayn Rand being a man in disguise, haha, jk of course).

I do agree with some of the things she writes about though such as the idea that it is immoral to take another person's idea and call it your own.

MBTI
    OMNi

I love that the OP isn't even phased by everyone dogging on Ayn Rand.

Objectivism has merit, but she totally screwed it up. One of these days a new philosopher is going to have to come around and completely recreate objectivism into a provisional philosophy so that it can coincide and evolve with science and mathematics. In other words, her axioms which she induced are irrelevant since they can neither be concisely proven nor disproven and are therefore as useful as a unicorn, unless they are accepted on faith. (like God) So by enacting her new philosophy, she only managed to create a new religion which encompasses the values of the rational. But values in themselves are irrational. So her philosophy, if taken seriously, is a contradiction to itself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silently Honest View Post
    OMNi: Wisdom at the cost of Sanity.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Enjoyed The Fountainhead and Anthem (and even We the Living, to an extent). I enjoyed the celebration of reason and the idea of Man as Hero, but I am not an Objectivist. Rand herself was a humorless, scary person who demanded cultish adoration and adherence to her worldview. Not exactly "living liberty" there.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

I remember really enjoying The Fountainhead. I also enjoyed the theme of Atlas Shrugged, up to a point, but was quite sick of Rands' 100+ pages of ranting/lecturing by the end of the book. I was like, 'Ok, I get it already. I got it in the first 50 pages...' That said, Atlas Shrugged did throw me into a big funk for a month or two, until I was able to purge her philosophy from my mind.

Yeah..definitely a narrow view of things.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by Mondo View Post
    The problem with Objectivism is that it doesn't work...no person is like John Galt.. even Ms. Ayn Rand.

Correct me if I am wrong but I have heard that Ayn Rand ("the objectivist") was against homosexuality and has said that men are intellectually superior to women (which is a case for Ayn Rand being a man in disguise, haha, jk of course).
    She also had ideas about things like Native Americans that were pretty hair curling to my view.

I do agree with some of the things she writes about though such as the idea that it is immoral to take another person's idea and call it your own.
    Yes. There is truth mixed in with all of her nonsense. That's what makes it so misleading and seductive.

Content. Content? DigitalMethod's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ

Hair curling indeed.
    Hypocritcal indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    She also had ideas about things like Native Americans that were pretty hair curling to my view.

Yes. There is truth mixed in with all of her nonsense. That's what makes it so misleading and seductive.
    Ayn Rand:
    "They didn't have any rights to the land, and there was no reason for anyone to grant them rights which they had not conceived and were not using . . . . What was it that they were fighting for, when they opposed white men on this continent? For their wish to continue a primitive existence, their 'right' to keep part of the earth untouched, unused and not even as property, but just keep everybody out so that you will live practically like an animal, or a few caves above it. Any white person who brings the element of civilization has the right to take over this continent."
    "The life of the individual has meaning only insofar as it aids in making the life of every living thing nobler and more beautiful."
    - Albert Einstein