User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    Yeah I just do the clearing my mind thing, but sometimes I listen to music and go to my happy place. Ill look into more structures things, but you know what- I just discovered something. I don't eat factory farmed meat very often, but I think it's bad for me. Last Saturday at work I was super stressed and my stomach hurt, but I had eaten some chicken at someone's house earlier, and I think that had something to do with it. I'm going to give it up entirely and see how it goes. I think if people eat animals who have lived stressful panicked lives, then all that goes into their bodies and affects them, especially if they're energy sensitive. And exercising helps a lot. I used to think I shouldn't exercise if I was really tired because it would be bad for my heart or something, but I think it's ok and that was just an irrational fear. So I'm going to do it as often as possible.
    Yeah I think there's something to your meat theory believe it or not. I tend to feel the worst after eating chicken or ground beef too much. I'm not keen on it but some times I have to because that's what there is.

I think fish and lean beef cuts in moderation are better. Chicken goes through a lot of crap before it gets to you, and ground beef introduces hazards such as bacteria due to the machine processing and microscopic bits of bone and bad flesh getting in there. This is the reason why its relatively safe to eat an unground cut of beef raw, but you should never eat hamburger raw. [mad cow not withstanding - you can't kill that with cooking to begin with so if you get it, you get it]

Processed stuff is kinda bad in general, IMO, except for grains to a certain extent - whole grains are good but lately they come a bit TOO 'whole' and have stuff like phytic acid. Grains should actually be soaked a little, or fermented, as with sour dough bread for example. This keeps the good stuff and gets rid of the bad stuff in the husk that naturally protects the grain seed.

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by sprinkles View Post
    Yeah I think there's something to your meat theory believe it or not. I tend to feel the worst after eating chicken or ground beef too much. I'm not keen on it but some times I have to because that's what there is.

I think fish and lean beef cuts in moderation are better. Chicken goes through a lot of crap before it gets to you, and ground beef introduces hazards such as bacteria due to the machine processing and microscopic bits of bone and bad flesh getting in there. This is the reason why its relatively safe to eat an unground cut of beef raw, but you should never eat hamburger raw. [mad cow not withstanding - you can't kill that with cooking to begin with so if you get it, you get it]

Processed stuff is kinda bad in general, IMO, except for grains to a certain extent - whole grains are good but lately they come a bit TOO 'whole' and have stuff like phytic acid. Grains should actually be soaked a little, or fermented, as with sour dough bread for example. This keeps the good stuff and gets rid of the bad stuff in the husk that naturally protects the grain seed.
    Could not agree more.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

True. It's a bit of a complex process though, because the causes aren't always obvious.
    yea, well thats where i use internal logic about subjective experiences and think how those relate to intuitions and feelings about/from the external world. but maybe an INFJ would need to find some other way with Ni/Se(than my more "factual" subjective experiences Si and see how their intuitions relate to whats factual outside), but still use Ti/Fe
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Emotions give our lives meaning as without them we would have no happiness to share. Happiness is not perfect until it is shared so it follows that we must embrace our emotions in their full and complete manifestations!

Keep in mind though that there is a difference between embracing emotions and becoming slaves to our passions which must be at will tamed and controlled in order to cause the progressive development of man and his search for meaning in this infinite existence.

MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    yea, well thats where i use internal logic about subjective experiences and think how those relate to intuitions and feelings about/from the external world. but maybe an INFJ would need to find some other way with Ni/Se(than my more "factual" subjective experiences Si and see how their intuitions relate to whats factual outside), but still use Ti/Fe
    Nah what you're saying seems like how I do it; it just takes a little while, because there are so many layers (if I'm really emotional about something, it's an issue from way back). Maybe you're fortunate enough to have fewer issues than I.

Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    Emotions give our lives meaning as without them we would have no happiness to share. Happiness is not perfect until it is shared so it follows that we must embrace our emotions in their full and complete manifestations!

Keep in mind though that there is a difference between embracing emotions and becoming slaves to our passions which must be at will tamed and controlled in order to cause the progressive development of man and his search for meaning in this infinite existence.
    True.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

As to tert Ti in the OP: When I am upset or stressed I always ask myself what the underlying thoughts and beliefs are, such as "The boss is annoyed with me" or "I'm going to make a mistake sooner or later" or "I won't have time to get everything done" and then ask myself whether those things are true. Almost every time I'm unconsciously believing things which aren't necessarily true or are exaggerated, and I tell myself that, and then tell myself what is true, and that helps me calm down. I overthink things, but yet that's the way I solve my problems most of the time. I call it giving myself a reality check. Sometimes it helps me solve really complex issues, like being scared of physical intimacy for unidentifiable reasons; I figured out a lot of things about that by being superanalytical, such as I had the underlying belief that if I let someone's energy into myself that it would stay there and they would take some of mine and then we wouldn't be ourselves anymore. Which is kinda crazy, and if I recognize that I can give myself a reality check and find out what the truth is, and then react in a different way.
    I ask myself the same question, but usually determine that my concerns are largely true. The boss is annoyed with me, or I realize I have just made a mistake, or I really won't have time to get everything done. My response is to plan: what will I say to the boss tomorrow, or do I even care that he is annoyed? How can I correct and learn from my mistake? How can I prioritize my list so if I run out of time, at least the most important things get done (or enlist help to complete the others)? Once I have a plan for addressing the concern, the emotion usually dissipates.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    I ask myself the same question, but usually determine that my concerns are largely true. The boss is annoyed with me, or I realize I have just made a mistake, or I really won't have time to get everything done. My response is to plan: what will I say to the boss tomorrow, or do I even care that he is annoyed? How can I correct and learn from my mistake? How can I prioritize my list so if I run out of time, at least the most important things get done (or enlist help to complete the others)? Once I have a plan for addressing the concern, the emotion usually dissipates.
    Ah, so you must not have a lot of negative judgment about yourself. Sometimes paranoia will say "and if these things are true, then this worse thing is true, etc...which means I'm a failure, which means I am bad/worthless."

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp

I wondered what the experience of NT's is in particular with regard to dealing with emotions at inopportune times, and how you do it.
    I tend to think of things in terms of propriety. If I'm feeling something but don't have time to deal with it, I simply shelve it for examination later. Being effective is what's most important to me, and everything else tends to be viewed through that prism.

Ultimately, though, there's no legitimate way to escape emotions. You either deal with it head on, or it'll creep in and effect you in ways that you can't control.

What's worked for me is creating a private space for myself where I can be as raw as I want to be, and process what I'm going through without any sort of outside interference. Having people in my life who I can talk to when I'm going through something has also been particularly valuable.
    And so long as you haven’t experienced this: to die and so to grow,
    you are only a troubled guest on the dark earth

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    2 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by WhoCares View Post
    competence at work particularly when it comes to people skills.

Do you have role models for this - an image of such a person who has this competence?

Maybe from movies or books or RL.

Can you describe who they are as a person / what they stand for / what they do?

WhoCares

Quote Originally Posted by Istbkleta View Post
    Do you have role models for this - an image of such a person who has this competence?

Maybe from movies or books or RL.

Can you describe who they are as a person / what they stand for / what they do?
    No. Quite simply because I have no real inclination to do so. I have no fascination for people, for just about anything else on the planet yes. People? Not so much. I'm happy to live with my fear because it rarely actually realises. As an INT I reserve the right to live almost entirely in my head divorced from the world around me and unbothered by other people's need to have me behave and act in certain ways.