• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTJ] Famous ENTJ Musicians

ScottJames

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
They're tough to find. Anyone have any suggestions for a famous ENTJ musician? I'm looking to profile one on my site, so I'll be happy to post a link and give credit to whomever can identify someone. Thanks!

ScottJames

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I think I've found one...

freeeekyyy

Cheeseburgers
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Gene Simmons seems kind of theatrical for an ENTJ.

DaRick

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Allegedly, Dave Mustaine of Megadeth.

UniqueMixture

MBTI Type
estj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I think perhaps Chris Cornell from Soundgarden and Greg Graffin from Bad Religion. They have a tendency mostly to perform only in "heavy" rock genres though imo or else classical (at least the ones I have encountered in real life).

jcloudz

Yup
MBTI Type
Istj
i read somewhere Adele was an entj. i m lousy at typing people, so can`t verify this. god i love her music

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
some I think are ENTJs
- P Diddy
- Frank Sinatra
- Jay Z

murkrow

Branded with Satan
MBTI Type
INTJ
dave mustaine eh...

I could see that.

Especially in the way he talks about his bandmates and ex bandmates.

Also first person songs about crushing the opposition, being hated, being morally superior, etc.

yeah I think you might be right.

ScottJames

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Lita Ford is pretty clearly ExTJ. I have her tentatively typed as ENTJ.

ScottJames

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Total ESTJ. Not a coincidence his nickname was 'The Chairman of the Board'. He was very traditional at heart. Def. not SP IMO. They have the Te primary in common, but ENTJs will pretty much always be more involved in the creative process than he was. He wrote very little of his music. ESFPs are much more physical performers and typically have a more whimsical demeanor.

Sammy was also SJ (ESFJ).

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I haven't looked at her beyond her fancy dresses, but I've seen some people type Lady Gaga as an ENTJ. :shrug: Also, Adele like [MENTION=8457]gasoline[/MENTION] said. And Avril Lavigne has also been typed as ENTJ but I think most people lean towards ESxP. I need to actually watch interviews of these people so I can see what I think myself.

ScottJames

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Gaga is an ISFP. Not sure about Avril and Adele. I don't know too much about either of them, but I'd be a bit surprised if either was an ENTJ. Te primaries (ESTJ, ENTJ) have a certain take-charge demeanor that has a particular flavor to it that you can develop a good sense for with practice. ExFJ's can come off similarly, though ExTJs are more efficient and practical and effectiveness oriented. Neither Avril, nor Adele strike me that way from what I've seen. Extraverted Thinking primary types are fairly rare for women, especially ENTJ - and on top of that it appears to me that they're even less common amongst musicians. The only ExTJ female musicians I've identified with any confidence are:

Lita Ford
Celine Dion
Sharon Osbourne (manager)
Martina McBride

pinkgraffiti

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Damon Albarn! (so they say...I thought he was an ENFP, but I can see the ENTJ in him)

ScottJames

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I wasn't familiar with Damon Albarn until you mentioned him, but after watching some video I don't think he's ENTJ or ENFP. He's much more reflective than an ENTJ would be in interviews. They may stop and think for a moment, but they'll generally be processing in real-time and sort of thinking out loud. He definitely doesn't have the more spastic energy of an Ne primary like ENFP either. ENFPs are fast-processing and are really quick with witty and unusual associations. That being the case, his bland response to a word association question at around 0:33 in this video is not one I'd expect from an ENFP:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SXOrFhFrdU

Based on what I've seen I would tentatively type him as INTJ. I'd elaborate more but I've gotta run...