First 34567 Last

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Kross View Post
    Don't ever come to NZ.
    I've already been. Why shouldn't I come...do they not like drawls?

Anyway, I've lived in London for several years, much of which was West London, so I basically live in NZ anyway...
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

Words, I mean, they're like, ya know, so useless.
    To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by SilkRoad View Post
    I've already been. Why shouldn't I come...do they not like drawls?
    No, I mean the rising intonation at the end of a sentence, like it's a question. I do it a bit if I'm around others that do it, but I've met some people that honestly do it on every sentence - that gets a bit tired, quickly. A degree of uncertainty is integral to Kiwi (and to a lesser extent, Australian) culture, for basically the reasons @JivinJeffJones described. It's meant to be a social leveller.

Anyway, I've lived in London for several years, much of which was West London, so I basically live in NZ anyway...

From what I've heard, that's pretty true. Probably half the people I know that are in their 20s are living in either Australia or the UK (or have been recently).
    INFP 4w5 so/sp

I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas;
    they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind.

- Emily Bronte

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Kross View Post
    No, I mean the rising intonation at the end of a sentence, like it's a question. I do it a bit if I'm around others that do it, but I've met some people that honestly do it on every sentence - that gets a bit tired, quickly. A degree of uncertainty is integral to Kiwi (and to a lesser extent, Australian) culture, for basically the reasons @JivinJeffJones described. It's meant to be a social leveller.

From what I've heard, that's pretty true. Probably half the people I know that are in their 20s are living in either Australia or the UK (or have been recently).
    Oh I get it. I guess I've noticed it a bit in Kiwis, but not to a super-annoying degree. Generally I like the accent.

I think of my "likes" and so on as word whiskers. They can be annoying if over-used, but I think they can be somewhat disarming too.

Being INFJ and reading a lot and all that, I can get a bit heavy in conversation sometimes, so I think it amuses people when I say things like "I was reading Paul Celan, the surrealist hermetic German poet, and he is just like so awesome. The events of the Holocaust instilled a trauma in him which was like, really bad." That's probably a fairly accurate depiction of how I speak, although it's in no way calculated or deliberate.
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

Quote Originally Posted by Typoz View Post
    As for speech patterns, isn't a patter a repetitive sequence? I notice the odd meaning and formation of the sentence*. Although, one can argue that I compare them to past experiences of how it was used elsewhere, but I don't see it that way.

* ...And he was like "I'm okay man!" I don't get how "like" is applicable here. It just doesn't fit, however I think about it. I didn't like this ever since I first heard it.

As for annoyance - I do. I believe I've an idyllic need for things to make sense (in this case, logical formulation of the sentences) which derives from my high standards for me and for others.

So what was your implication by that post?
    Your posts provide a lot of interesting details about your self.

It interests me in light of what another poster told me lately about people visiting the site and why they werent posting anymore.

MBTI
    xxTP

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    Your posts provide a lot of interesting details about your self.

It interests me in light of what another poster told me lately about people visiting the site and why they werent posting anymore.
    Please expand.

Quote Originally Posted by Il Morto Che Parla View Post
    Please expand.
    Why its self-explanatory.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/sx

[QUOTE=Typoz;1982193]I wonder this be linked to typology...

Yea no[/B], I was home.[*]He's like fat.[*]I don't know, I guess I like it, you know?[*]It tastes good, I mean I like it.[*]He's so dead.[/LIST]

[QUOTE]

I will use "Yeah, no" from time to time; even in my native language thanks to some guy I know. I only use "I mean" when others don't understand what I'm trying to say or I need to expand. Otherwise, I hardly use any of these.
    Great men are like eagles, and build their nest on some lofty solitude.

Schopenhauer

MBTI
    xxTP

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    Why its self-explanatory.

Why are people not posting any more? And what is the relation to the OP?

Out of interest!

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Be glad you all dont speak german. You have no idea how many (usefulness is argueable) words there could be
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]