i use these too much...
    Enneagram: Type 5, Dual Wing, SX/SP Instinct, Tritype 5-3w2-9w8
    MBTI: INTP

Like a Baws

Introverted (I) 57.14% Extroverted (E) 42.86%
    Intuitive (N) 63.16% Sensing (S) 36.84%
    Thinking (T) 70.37% Feeling (F) 29.63%
    Perceiving (P) 56.61% Judging (J) 43.39%

That's a funny video. I hate the "whatever" sayings like that as well.

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Red Herring View Post
    HAHA! Yes, that's it!(?)
    I think it's a technique designed to increase social cohesion; it promotes what I call 'a meeting of the amygdalas': it connects the subconscious, emotionally-centered mamalian brain to another brain, and it happens semi-independently of what else is said.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Typoz View Post
    I wonder this be linked to typology...
    I don't think so. In my opinion, you pick up your vocabulary from the people around you.
    Do you use those "expressions," those useless words that I find so annoying when they are use "in a particular way," which is how a lot of people use them.

• Yea no, I was home.
    • He's like fat.
    • I don't know, I guess I like it, you know?
    • It tastes good, I mean I like it.
    • He's so dead.

Personally, I find this utterly annoying and I know I missed a few "expressions." I never do that... But then again, I'm not a native speaker, so maybe I'm not a good subject to compare. On the other hand, native language of mine has at least one similar expression that is used quite often, which I don't use either.
    I use "like" and "you know", because
    1) I'm still in college and can therefore get away with it, and
    2) I use them for practical purposes. (I don't consider them to be useless.)

"You know" is a question that anticipates an affirmation; I'd use a different phrase for that same purpose if another one was equally widespread. I use "like" as a placeholder, and placeholder words are everywhere regardless of language. (e.g. "ya'ni" in Arabic, which is incredibly similar to "I mean"). What are the placeholder words in your native language?
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

I use them. But only when I know it will annoy someone.

Has nothing to do with type. Not everything is about type, you know?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    I don't think so. In my opinion, you pick up your vocabulary from the people around you.

I use "like" and "you know", because
    1) I'm still in college and can therefore get away with it, and
    2) I use them for practical purposes. (I don't consider them to be useless.)

"You know" is a question that anticipates an affirmation; I'd use a different phrase for that same purpose if another one was equally widespread. I use "like" as a placeholder, and placeholder words are everywhere regardless of language. (e.g. "ya'ni" in Arabic, which is incredibly similar to "I mean"). What are the placeholder words in your native language?
    How come I didn't pick up any?

Usually people use the "you know?" without expecting an affirmation, at least from what I've noticed.

We have profane language derived (or being, depends goes both ways) from a different language for those placeholders. Non-profane placeholder is available only for "I mean."

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Salomé View Post
    I use them. But only when I know it will annoy someone.

Has nothing to do with type. Not everything is about type, you know?
    I think I get it...? Totally.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

How come I didn't pick up any?
    Well okay then!
    Usually people use the "you know?" without expecting an affirmation, at least from what I've noticed.
    I'm always expecting a nod, or a "yeah, exactly"/"yeah, totally"/"for real" -- or at least some sort of acknowledgment of what I just said. Could be a girl thing -- I think girls expect interjections more than guys do -- and could also be who I hang out with.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

I wonder this be linked to typology...

Do you use those "expressions," those useless words that I find so annoying when they are use "in a particular way," which is how a lot of people use them.

• Yea no, I was home.
    • He's like fat.
    • I don't know, I guess I like it, you know?
    • It tastes good, I mean I like it.
    • He's so dead.

Personally, I find this utterly annoying and I know I missed a few "expressions." I never do that... But then again, I'm not a native speaker, so maybe I'm not a good subject to compare. On the other hand, native language of mine has at least one similar expression that is used quite often, which I don't use either.
    Alas, we can never hang out, I would annoy you.

I don't actually use the phrases in the OP, but I am quite certain I use 'useless' words/phrases in my speech. I would have picked them up somewhere, and then they've become habit/integrated in how I talk. I'm probably not even aware of some of it.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    Well okay then!

I'm always expecting a nod, or a "yeah, exactly"/"yeah, totally"/"for real" -- or at least some sort of acknowledgment of what I just said. Could be a girl thing -- I think girls expect interjections more than guys do -- and could also be who I hang out with.
    If I assume that the subject may know what I'm talking about (say remembers the intro cinematic from a game or a movie), I do ask that question, but I use phrases like "you know what I'm talking about, right?", "you know it?", and one that I use around here and translates oddly, "understand, right?" - it does make sense in my native language. As I see it, it indicates that I DO expect an answer as I'm only speculating and I want to make sure that he gets me - why else would I talk?

Quote Originally Posted by cascadeco View Post
    Alas, we can never hang out, I would annoy you.

I don't actually use the phrases in the OP, but I am quite certain I use 'useless' words/phrases in my speech. I would have picked them up somewhere, and then they've become habit/integrated in how I talk. I'm probably not even aware of some of it.
    I see how that can happen. Someone I know has expressed his opinion on me "being aware of a lot more than anybody else, which is too much awareness." Also got a comment from someone else saying "be less aware, relax!", and I replied "but I am relaxed."