Enneagram
    1w9

Quote Originally Posted by norepinephrine View Post
    I am obviously missing something
    Quite obviously, in fact.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by norepinephrine View Post
    Which is to say that if I’m not paying sufficient attention I occasionally find myself standing at the edge of a cliff thinking “I don’t recall agreeing to do THIS.”
    All ENTJs are fetishists.
    Why do we always come here?

I guess we'll never know.

It's like a kind of torture,
    To have to watch this show.

MBTI
    INTJ

My late hubby was an ENTJ - so I can relate to the the bit
    Which is to say that if I’m not paying sufficient attention I occasionally find myself standing at the edge of a cliff thinking “I don’t recall agreeing to do THIS.”
    I've also worked with quite a few. Sometimes I've thought that they not so much make friends but "take hostages" when their plans/drives/liking are strong.

My husband's line was "never apologise and never explain" - and an apology/excuse/reason was just another delightful challenge to overcome.

Just say "No!" and mean it.

btw FWB relationships are an interesting case, cos when one has "something else to go for" that is not compatible with the FWB arrangement the other one is the loser. I think if the shoe was on the other foot there'd be no angst for the ENTJ and not much tolerance for pleadings and persistence on the part of their FWB person.
    Last edited by creativeRhino; 06-16-2008 at 07:28 AM. Reason: problem in posting

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by htb View Post
    Quite obviously, in fact.
    Well crap. It almost looks as though I set myself up for that. When, in fact, what's missing here is about three paragraphs of additional text - the majority of which was a statement of appreciaton for the various advice tendered, as well as a random quote from Heinlein re shooting one's own dog, etc.

Since am not going to recreate the post, consider it stated.

BTW, it was unbelievably eloquent.

MBTI
    istp

ENTJ = No fucking around, you are their bitch, expect the relationship to be defined constantly by the ENTJ as well.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by istpunk View Post
    ENTJ = No fucking around, you are their bitch, expect the relationship to be defined constantly by the ENTJ as well.
    O.K. Fine. I get it. ENTJs are evil creatures who, given the opportunity, will suck out your soul and leave an empty husk.

Nothing short of a stake through the heart followed by immolation of the corpse, or perhaps a thermonuclear device, will stop an ENTJ bent on domination.

Smoke me a kipper - I'll be back for breakfast.

Default How To Get Rid of an ENTJ

I've compiled a very comprehensive 3 point list stemming from interviews with ENTJs (including myself) on how to get rid of one.

1. Be honest and direct if you want the relationship to be over. If you lie to an ENTJ female, she will smell blood and go for the jugular once she figures out the underlying motivation for your lie. As Maverick mentioned before, ENTJs appreciate directness and honesty in their relationship with others. Simply say- "Look ENTJ female, we have incompatible personalities. Let's move on." That is all that is necessary, no dramatics et al.

2. Lie and be as untrustworthy as possible, flirt with all her relatives and friends and attempt to make her "jealous." You won't have to say anything. She will drop you and never look back. ENTJs if you win their trust, they will give you the world. Once you break it, they have no regrets about leaving relationships once their core values have been violated. Some personality types believe jealousy is a sign of love, not the ENTJ. ENTJs value consistency and honor.

3. Never have any concern for her well-being. ENTJs like being cared for and they like to surround themselves with thoughtful people who encourage them to be better, not worse. Once you display that you have no concern for her general welfare, mistreat her and never apologize for your actions, she will tell you, "Don't let the door slam your ass on the way out" and she won't have any regrets about cutting all ties with you.

There might be several others, but generally if you want to break ties with an ENTJ, these are the proven methods that work. Of course, #1 is the best way to go.