User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Results 31 to 40 of 52

  1. #31
    Alexander the Terrible yenom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,755

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    Alexander was an SP, instead of an NP, because he prefered action (Se) rather than speculation (Ne).

    He was also visionnary because of the Se-Ni balance. But he was also more egalitarian and less bossy than most king of his era. 7, not 8.
    ESTP with vision=ENTP

    I don't want to go on with this BS. Ni is the last function , also the shittiest function that cannot be used.
    Egalitarian because magnamious Fe, also 8 moving in the two direction.

    I don't think you even watched the video. And you haven't differentiated how a 7 is different from a 8 other than repeating your point.
    The fear of poverty turns people into slaves of money.

    "In this Caesar there are many Mariuses"~Sulla

    Conquer your inner demons first before you conquer the world.

  2. #32
    Alexander the Terrible yenom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,755

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    I always saw him as an image type (3w2, 3w4 or 4w3 Sx/So) but I could definitely see 7 as well
    No seriously, keep your crackpot theories to yourself.
    The fear of poverty turns people into slaves of money.

    "In this Caesar there are many Mariuses"~Sulla

    Conquer your inner demons first before you conquer the world.

  3. #33
    Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None
    Posts
    9,635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yenom View Post
    No seriously, keep your crackpot theories to yourself.
    um, excuse me? why don't you figure out your own type (INTP + ESTP...no) before you go saying things like that to everyone who disagrees with you
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

  4. #34
    S Saiyan God Mace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8 sx
    Socionics
    --- Te
    Posts
    2,141

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yenom View Post
    I have only one word to comment on this: stupidity.

    Imagine if Alexander got mistyped, we would be fucked then.
    Let's clear up a little bit of misunderstanding about enneagram, here.

    Enneagram 8's are usually only ENTJ's and/or ISTP's. Those that strive for Truth in life.

    If Alexander were enneagram 8 he'd be either ENTJ or ISTP, which does not make sense to me, due to his impetuous approach to conquest and desire to be loved (by all). Therefore he was either ENTP or ESTP, but we know ESTP's do not necessarily do well on long term ambitions and Alexander had the future of an empire to consider, therefore he is ENTP, definitely.

  5. #35
    Alexander the Terrible yenom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,755

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    Let's clear up a little bit of misunderstanding about enneagram, here.

    Enneagram 8's are usually only ENTJ's and/or ISTP's. Those that strive for Truth in life.

    If Alexander were enneagram 8 he'd be either ENTJ or ISTP, which does not make sense to me, due to his impetuous approach to conquest and desire to be loved (by all). Therefore he was either ENTP or ESTP, but we know ESTP's do not necessarily do well on long term ambitions and Alexander had the future of an empire to consider, therefore he is ENTP, definitely.
    I disagree. There is no misunderstanding other than you like to keep the 8 monopoly with the ENTJ. Of course I never taken the enneagram seriously. (I already argue about that ENTJ being a fraud so many times its getting tiresome). The only resort I have is to forcibly take over the forum and impose my rule.

    You are like saying being an 8 is an ENTJ reserved right which no other type can claim. Sorry, I cannot buy this BS.

    As with the rest of the forum, you can keep believing the BS that just by switiching from P to J you get the magic power to be an 8 (which I really think will make that much difference if you are borderline), but of course I will not entertain that stupidity.
    The fear of poverty turns people into slaves of money.

    "In this Caesar there are many Mariuses"~Sulla

    Conquer your inner demons first before you conquer the world.

  6. #36
    S Saiyan God Mace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8 sx
    Socionics
    --- Te
    Posts
    2,141

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yenom View Post
    I disagree. There is no misunderstanding other than you like to keep the 8 monopoly with the ENTJ. Of course I never taken the enneagram seriously. (I already argue about that ENTJ being a fraud so many times its getting tiresome). The only resort I have is to forcibly take over the forum and impose my rule.

    You are like saying being an 8 is an ENTJ reserved right which no other type can claim. Sorry, I cannot buy this BS.

    As with the rest of the forum, you can keep believing the BS that just by switiching from P to J you get the magic power to be an 8 (which I really think will make that much difference if you are borderline), but of course I will not entertain that stupidity.
    There's nothing credible about being an ENTJ from another personality type, which most wannabe ENTJ's on this site, tend to forget about. I could name a few examples... but I prefer not to stoop low to the level of people making fools of themselves having mistyped themselves as that. I think the reason they deliberately mistype themselves (to deceive themselves and others) is to attempt to feel better about themselves for having low self-esteem, as ENTJ is more often than not the "strong" hierarchical type.

    It's merely the type I tend to function-wise, when I discovered MBTI during early '08 and took a few examples of myself. It didn't change my mind about myself, how ever; just intrigued me that I function that way, and I was right about it.

    As an ENTJ, I have quite often considered the Truth as the holy idea above all else, which is what Enneagram 8's are about. Therefore I think it's central to the way an ENTJ functions and is able to seize power in an authoritarian setting. [you can check it out.] If the Truth were central as the holy idea in all personality types then there'd be no distinction on how every one of them functions, so, not any personality type can be 8.

    P.S. Do I mention I was all 'fit' before I discovered mbti? Well, that's the way I truly regarded myself, before I admitted to my ENTJ type on early '08 that I only 'merely' tend to, which brought the onset in light of the truth that I could have flaws, i.e. relating to those of this type.

  7. #37
    Alexander the Terrible yenom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,755

    Default

    Which is once again a pointless post other than trying to prove your point that once you switch from P to J, you suddenly become more powerful and have some magic power boost that no one can explain.

    Of course, if are you think I am trying to prove myself that I am an eight, you are really do not know my motivations. I don't care about this BS. I only care about the ENTPs in this site believing in themselves and not buy into your type's BS. ENTP's in this type do not know what vast potential they have inside them. Thats why they only thought they could live in your type's shadow and let you run the show.

    I already have the cards ( a secret weapon you can say), that can give me a supreme advantage over your type. It can gave me the power of a god and turn me into the next ruler of my country. Any facade your type puts is stupid and irrelevant, it may convince this forum but has no impact in the real world. It will eventually be swept away by the mere power I have once i put my plans in motion. So I don't have to prove anything given the immense power I can obtain from the real world.

    Keep arguing, you will only make a fool of yourself once my plan takes motion. The chief reason I fight here because the ENTPs here need to get a backbone and stop living in your type's shadow. Also my pride cannot allow myself to bow down to a fraud, just like a superior country cannot bow down to an inferior country. You will realize how insignificant your type's power, and what a fraud you are , in comparision to ours.

    In the end, the only thing that matters is what you can do in the real world.

    After reading this , you can go ahead and treat what I said as a bluff. Keep believing what you want to believe. I could be bluffing, maybe I really don't have the power I claim to have. You can believe whatever you want , but what can happen in the real world and the way things actually are is another story.
    The fear of poverty turns people into slaves of money.

    "In this Caesar there are many Mariuses"~Sulla

    Conquer your inner demons first before you conquer the world.

  8. #38
    Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Posts
    5,143

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yenom View Post
    ESTP with vision=ENTP

    Wrong. Both ESTP and ENTP like to think big. But Alexander has few interest for thinking big by jumping from one idea ton another, without concrete action, like an ENTP. He thought big by seeing an opportunity as it arises and making the most of it, with the sky as a limit, like an ESTP. So Alexander was ESTP.


    I don't think you even watched the video. And you haven't differentiated how a 7 is different from a 8 other than repeating your point.
    8s are heavy and brutal. 7s are light and aerian. Alexander was a 7.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

    Chaotic Neutral

    E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

    "I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

    "Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

  9. #39
    Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Posts
    5,143

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    I always saw him as an image type (3w2, 3w4 or 4w3 Sx/So) but I could definitely see 7 as well
    As socially skilled as he was, Alexande had very few considerations for what people thought af him.

    ...stereotype much

    Yes. But he was concerned with having fun and getting drunk. So his comment has no value anyway.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

    Chaotic Neutral

    E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

    "I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

    "Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

  10. #40
    Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None
    Posts
    9,635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    As socially skilled as he was, Alexande had very few considerations for what people thought af him.
    I could see that. 7s have a way of seeming like they care what people think when they really don't (I know this happens to me a lot)

    Yes. But he was concerned with having fun and getting drunk.
    that's true, but I was arguing that it wouldn't stop all 7s from conquest and expansion (this is particularly true of 7w8). looking back on it though, too much partying and getting drunk kinda got him killed XD

    So his comment has no value anyway.
    yeah

    looking at this again, I think he was ESFP 7w8 Sx/So
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

Similar Threads

  1. [MBTItm] INFJ Compatibility - Why the INFJ/ENTP dynamic is hands down the best.
    By Samvega in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 869
    Last Post: 10-24-2016, 12:11 AM
  2. [ISFP] Is the only way to make an ISFP talk 'is' to strangle them?
    By Riva in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 71
    Last Post: 02-25-2010, 11:40 AM
  3. Alexander the Great
    By Gauche in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 08-01-2009, 08:24 AM
  4. [NF] is it only the NF who are very picky about job/career ?
    By niki in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 01-13-2008, 04:03 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO