• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] INTPs and their social life.

nozflubber

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
MBTI Type
Hype
I'm so paid as a social INTP plz. I got the "ESTP-ese" mimickry down, son! hustle up

Last edited:

A Schnitzel

WTF is this dude saying?
MBTI Type
INTP
I enjoy talking with my friends but I get tired if it's not the kind of interaction I'm comfortable with having to outstretch myself too much. If we're all on similar wavelengths it can be great.

ring the bell

Pfft real INTPs go mage.

My BFF ENFJ roomie is the ice mage.... we've raised our characters up together. We compliment each other really well, actually. We quest together most of the time. I'm an alchemist/ herbalist destruction gnome warlock, lvl 60.

And I feel a tiny bit nerdier than usual now that I've put that into words and read it back, lol... Let's just say that we have an absolute blast! It's WoW central in this household! I guess this qualifies as the social life of an INTP. I do actually get out of the house though. It hasn't become too much of an addiction yet.

FlusteredFeminist

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
IDK
Who knows, it could change when I'm older(given I'm 15), but I personally can't relate to a lot of INTPs. I personally don't care like AT ALL about having friends, Not that I AVOID having friends, I have two good friends, but they weren't exactly too happy when I said I didn't care at all about having friends, and one of them is an INTP. It was kind of funny, I asked the INTP friend why he cared so much about friends and all, and his response was "so people can like you". I find it weird, an INTP caring about whether or not people like him. Ah well, Maybe I'm just one of the odd ones.

Galaxy Gazer

Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've never had much of a social life. The only person I really talk to right now is my boyfriend. People say that's not good, but whatever, he's the only person I know well that I really want in my life. Everyone I'd consider being friends with seems to dislike me. I think it's actually my enneatype that causes that. I'm very strongly drawn to Se-users, and I'm probably too careful and security-focused for them (I'm a 6w5).

I had an INFP friend until we were torn apart over a Fi/Fe dilemma. It has been a recurring pattern with INFP friends; they say or do something that I perceive as rude or hurtful (toward others), I call them out, and it never ends well. It's an issue that has gotten me into a lot of less-than-ideal situations, from losing friends to pissing off authority figures. I'm sure it's been detrimental to my social life as a whole.

For some reason, I get random bursts of energy where I want to hang out with a close, diverse group of friends, MLP style.