User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 32

  1. #11
    DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    MBTI
    Hype
    Posts
    2,078

    Default

    I'm just a stone in the river wake that people might pass by on the flow of life...

    Just a stone in the wake, son!

  2. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    332

    Default

    I've always identified pretty strongly with INTP, though I've wondered at times if I'm not more of an INxP. I think it's a common misconception that the introversion of an INTP just makes that person anti-social. I go through periods where I just don't want to be around people, but I also go through times where I do. I have friends, people I connect with on a deeper level. I think maybe it's not as easy for an INTP to find the right connection with another person as easily and the environment has to be just right if it's going to be a lasting one. The things that I go out and do socially must have some sort of mental stimulation involved with it, because I don't want to go and just drink for the sake of drinking. Playing pool, for example, is fun as it can be a game of true skill. Or going to a movie then discussing it with friends afterwards. I've always been attuned to hearing other people's reactions and trying to understand their viewpoints. I like to understand other people's ideas, how they think, and why they think that way.. but only people who hold my interest somehow. NF's and NT's generally fit the bill...

    as to intimidation.. I've had a habit of hanging out with mostly guys. They tell me that I easily intimdate women. I've always felt that most girls just don't like me. Guys tell me that I can have a look of intensity about me that makes it seem I'm going to steal a person's soul.

  3. #13
    a scream in a vortex nanook's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,361

    Default

    it seems odd to associate T with withdrawal, cause by that standard i'd be more T than you.

    it's my psychological orientation that makes me refrain from people. i can not just "play" smalltalk like it was chess, because i have to feel and analyze it, i can not "take" any ideological suggestions from darwinist people everywhere like they "are not personal", because i am aware of the projected self-hatred of these "strong will" people.

    it takes so much mental energy to psychoanalyze this (to get done with it) and fix your boundaries again (eg, use shadow-work, or do a tonglen-breath), after some idiots projection has attempted to turn the world upside down.

    would be cool if i could just switch my psychological/causal dimension off for once, like most s types and a lot of NT types do. being practical, superficial. how hard can it be to switch from computer geek talk to car-mechanics talk to conform with the sensing world?

    so you T folks are all so much more social that me.

  4. #14
    Senior Member Tiny Army's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    EN?P
    Enneagram
    7
    Posts
    679

    Default

    You can always tell the difference between an INTJ and INTP in social situations because of something I like to call the snark factor. It's why I love NTPs so much.

    Ti makes observations about everything. The Ne/Ti axis of the ENTP makes them excellent self promoters. They're very involved in the conversation at hand and provide any and all information they have about the topic and play of what others in the conversation say.

    The Ti dominant INTP has hella observations stored up from before. They throw them all out in conversations. This can be perceived as witty intellectualism or (if the INTP is drunk or socially awkward enough) douchebaggery.

  5. #15
    Widdles in your cream.
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5
    Socionics
    LII
    Posts
    577

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nanook View Post
    it seems odd to associate T with withdrawal, cause by that standard i'd be more T than you.

    it's my psychological orientation that makes me refrain from people. i can not just "play" smalltalk like it was chess, because i have to feel and analyze it, i can not "take" any ideological suggestions from darwinist people everywhere like they "are not personal", because i am aware of the projected self-hatred of these "strong will" people.

    it takes so much mental energy to psychoanalyze this (to get done with it) and fix your boundaries again (eg, use shadow-work, or do a tonglen-breath), after some idiots projection has attempted to turn the world upside down.

    would be cool if i could just switch my psychological/causal dimension off for once, like most s types and a lot of NT types do. being practical, superficial. how hard can it be to switch from computer geek talk to car-mechanics talk to conform with the sensing world?

    so you T folks are all so much more social that me.
    That may be true. But you seem more bothered about your 'asocial' behaviour. I have no social life and I'm perfectly contented.
    Um, yeah.

  6. #16
    Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    8,193

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grungemouse View Post
    That may be true. But you seem more bothered about your 'asocial' behaviour. I have no social life and I'm perfectly contented.
    Haha, same! I don't really do much yet feel completely fulfilled. Going out with some close friends is nice once in a while but I don't see my solitude as a character flaw. Just a preference that makes me productive and feel fulfilled.



  7. #17
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Posts
    3,187

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RuffledINTP View Post
    Guys tell me that I can have a look of intensity about me that makes it seem I'm going to steal a person's soul.
    That sounds hot... in some strange way .

  8. #18
    a scream in a vortex nanook's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,361

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grungemouse
    That may be true. But you seem more bothered about your 'asocial' behaviour. I have no social life and I'm perfectly contented.
    very true. i have big longing, but no skill or bravery to .... grab people, check them for compatibility, throw out the rest ...
    but still, i CAN be alone. for years. am patient. but i would need to be of service to feel alive.

  9. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    4,226

    Default

    What the hell is a social life?

  10. #20
    Senior Member substitute's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    4,601

    Default

    *snickering in puerile fashion at oxymoronic thread title*
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

    "When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

Similar Threads

  1. [ENFP] ENFPs and their social niche.
    By Cypocalypse in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-02-2010, 10:38 AM
  2. Ne dominants and social life
    By Moiety in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 10-11-2009, 04:27 AM
  3. [MBTItm] NFs and their social life
    By Cypocalypse in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 09-05-2009, 07:49 PM
  4. [INTP] INTPs and their "principles"
    By Grungemouse in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 08-28-2009, 11:04 AM
  5. [INTP] INTPs and life
    By JonJT in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 01-24-2008, 08:53 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO