• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] intjs, are there any crappy things recorded about jesus christ?

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I sense a setup here.

("So, sir, one last question before I allow you to step down: When did you stop molesting children?")

jcloudz

Yup
MBTI Type
Istj
I sense a setup here.

("So, sir, one last question before I allow you to step down: When did you stop molesting children?")

not a setup, these are things that i have heard on youtube and various sources about Mohammad . intj`s i have encountered have a pattern of really tearing things apart like piranhas,(which i deeply respect). im interested in seeing what they will pull out of it. if there is. im about the truth.

Lark

like him being a child molester, like Mohammad?

No. Not of that order.

Although he was racist towards a syrophenician (spelling) woman who spoke to him by a well, its the crunch moment when he decides that the entire human race, as opposed to exclusively the Jewish tribe, are to be a choosen people.

I know about it because it is recalled by those who believe there is a reciprocal, learning/developmental relationship between God and mankind. It was one of Jungs theories.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
not a setup, these are things that i have heard on youtube and various sources about Mohammad .

I just never have heard that about Mohammed. Not that I'm am expert on the guy or anything, so it's likely I never heard about it if there was some literature on it...

As far as Jesus goes, we just have very little record of him aside from the Gospels, and none of it ever talks about him doing that kind of thing so you're probably barking up the wrong tree.

fripping

MBTI Type
nerd
he was an illegitimate child and his best ladyfriend was a prostitute. not even a j, there you go.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Very strange question in the OP

Nicodemus

This one is pretty good:

Luke 14:26 said:
If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple.
It has probably caused more harm than anything a single child molester can accomplish in a lifetime.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
There is a bit of evidence that he never existed though and that he was made up. I'm not sure I buy it though.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
There probably was a historical Jesus. Most of the things attributed to him, however, are likely the stuff of legend. This includes the established myths of pre-existing deities like Mithras and Osiris, as well as co-opting the messianic heritage of the Old Testament. See Clysta Kinstler's The Moon Under Her Feet for an alternate interpretation of the Jesus story.

Working On It

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w2
Titus Flavius Josephus was a first century Jew who was an historian for Rome. The historical Jesus is a paragraph in his "Jewish Antiquities".

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
There is a bit of evidence that he never existed though and that he was made up. I'm not sure I buy it though.

I'm not sure what that "bit of evidence" would be.

Typically what you seen in the literature is that the existence of Jesus historically is not really questioned; there is simply not a lot of data, it's a sentence or a a paragraph mentioned here and there in about 6-8 pieces of historical writing.

Then there are the Gospels, but the granularity of the data is questionable. (Even if this person named Jesus existed, are the level of details down to actual conversations and minor life events actually accurate?) The transmission of the Gospels seems pretty accurate, but that simply says the text hasn't changed significantly from the 1-2 century writings; it doesn't confirm that the actual content is historically accurate.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
I'm not sure what that "bit of evidence" would be.

Typically what you seen in the literature is that the existence of Jesus historically is not really questioned; there is simply not a lot of data, it's a sentence or a a paragraph mentioned here and there in about 6-8 pieces of historical writing.

Then there are the Gospels, but the granularity of the data is questionable. (Even if this person named Jesus existed, are the level of details down to actual conversations and minor life events actually accurate?) The transmission of the Gospels seems pretty accurate, but that simply says the text hasn't changed significantly from the 1-2 century writings; it doesn't confirm that the actual content is historically accurate.

Google it. You will see what I am talking about.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Google it. You will see what I am talking about.

I was hoping you'd contribute it to the convo (you don't even have a link?), as in all the years I studied it and have read about it, I never ran across such a thing (from a serious perspective, at least) and don't feel like looking it up right now.

Grublet

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
AVC
I heard Siddhartha Gautama liked to punch babies.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Google > INTJs

Racism -
Matthew 15:22-26 And, behold, a woman of Canaan came out of the same coasts, and cried unto him, saying, Have mercy on me, O Lord, thou son of David; my daughter is grievously vexed with a devil. But he answered her not a word. And his disciples came and besought him, saying, Send her away; for she crieth after us. But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel. Then came she and worshipped him, saying, Lord, help me. But he answered and said, It is not meet to take the children's bread, and to cast it to dogs.

Destruction of property -
John 2:13-16 Now the Passover of the Jews was at hand, and Jesus went up to Jerusalem. And He found in the temple those who sold oxen and sheep and doves, and the money changers doing business. When He had made a whip of cords, He drove them all out of the temple, with the sheep and the oxen, and poured out the changers’ money and overturned the tables. And He said to those who sold doves, “Take these things away! Do not make My Father’s house a house of merchandise!”

Ditching God -
Matthew 27:46 And about the ninth hour Jesus cried out with a loud voice, saying, “Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani?” that is, “My God, My God, why have You forsaken Me?”

Cursing a tree for not producing fruit in the off-season (Duh? Why not just make it bear fruit?) -
Mark 11:12-14, 11:20 The next day as they were leaving Bethany, Jesus was hungry. Seeing in the distance a fig tree in leaf, he went to find out if it had any fruit. When he reached it, he found nothing but leaves, because it was not the season for figs. Then he said to the tree, “May no one ever eat fruit from you again.” And his disciples heard him say it. [...] In the morning, as they went along, they saw the fig tree withered from the roots.

Perfuming himself rather than helping the poor -
Matthew 26:6-11 While Jesus was in Bethany in the home of Simon the Leper, a woman came to him with an alabaster jar of very expensive perfume, which she poured on his head as he was reclining at the table. When the disciples saw this, they were indignant. “Why this waste?” they asked. “This perfume could have been sold at a high price and the money given to the poor.” Aware of this, Jesus said to them, “Why are you bothering this woman? She has done a beautiful thing to me. The poor you will always have with you, but you will not always have me.

Encouraging strife -
Matthew 10:5 For I have come to turn a man against his father, a daughter against her mother, a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law - a man’s enemies will be the members of his own household.
Matthew 10:21 Brother shall deliver up the brother to death, and the father the child: and the children shall rise up against their parents, and cause them to be put to death.

Keeping salvation a secret -
Mark 4:11-12 He told them, The secret of the kingdom of God has been given to you. But to those on the outside everything is said in parables so that they may be ever seeing but never perceiving, and ever hearing but never understanding; otherwise they might turn and be forgiven!

Chastising people for not killing their kids -
Mark 7:8-10 And he said to them: “You have a fine way of setting aside the commands of God in order to observe your own traditions! For Moses said, Honor your father and your mother, and, Anyone who curses his father or mother must be put to death.

Killing around 2,000 of pigs for no real reason -
Mark 5:13 And forthwith Jesus gave them leave. And the unclean spirits went out, and entered into the swine: and the herd ran violently down a steep place into the sea, (they were about two thousand) and were choked in the sea.

Approving of beating people -
Luke 12:47 The servant who knows the master’s will and does not get ready or does not do what the master wants will be beaten with many blows.