• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Any other NTs here who are more into NFs than NTs?

gandalf

MBTI Type
INTJ
Hi,

The title pretty much tells everything though I must refine it by that I it is not about anything romantic but just generally about spending your time with people.

I am an INTJ and I work as a programmer. My colleagues are all Ts and half of them are NTs. At work, I quite expectedly find the NTs easiest to work and to also generally to deal with.

Outside of work, I, however, prefer NF company. I just feel that I my work and some of my freetime activities let me use my logical side well enough so that when I actually communicate with people for no obvious reason or aim, it NF people who's company I enjoy the most. In such situations, NTs are just a bit too much like myself to be make for really entertaining, interesting and inspiring company.

Any others here with similar experiences?

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm sure you will find several :smile:

W

WhoCares

My soulmates in life have all been NFs ( friends and romantic connections ), they are the ones I typically bond with.

Permabanned
Hi,

The title pretty much tells everything though I must refine it by that I it is not about anything romantic but just generally about spending your time with people.

I am an INTJ and I work as a programmer. My colleagues are all Ts and half of them are NTs. At work, I quite expectedly find the NTs easiest to work and to also generally to deal with.

Outside of work, I, however, prefer NF company. I just feel that I my work and some of my freetime activities let me use my logical side well enough so that when I actually communicate with people for no obvious reason or aim, it NF people who's company I enjoy the most. In such situations, NTs are just a bit too much like myself to be make for really entertaining, interesting and inspiring company.

I usually get along well with other NT's in a work related environment, if rational logic is their preferred reasoning, and their don't have their head up their ass too much. Otherwise I tend to find NF's bring a different vibe to the table. However not all NT/NF are created equal and the E vs I dichotomy regarding their judging function can greatly impact this; stubbornly blind Te or butt-hurt Fi makes me :blink::BangHead::emot-emo:

UniqueMixture

MBTI Type
estj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yeah, I agree. Especially in romantic relationships. ENFPs are the only ones clever enough to trick me into believing I'm in love :laugh:

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hi,

it depends on the NT. if they are well-rounded and not robotic or consistently argumentative, then I'm fine with them. I'm also really really cool with intelligent NF types. as expected, if I have to generalize, I do best with TP/FJ types, although I have some good INFP friends.

I do like INTP-style conversations, where we're pinging off each other and have a good, creative, intelligent time. I just don't like it when I want to relax/socialize without getting into hardcore discussions and I'm with an NT that doesn't know how to communicate on a human level.

I could see myself falling for the right NTP, but typically I tend to be into NF types for LTRs, as they can provide some emotional counterpoint to my detachment. If I'm with a detached NT type, then I don't typically have the energy to keep trying to make the relationship as close as I'd like.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I'm married to one.

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Don't know enought NT's to really make a formulated decision. But from my experience NF's are easy to get deep with quickly, I hate small talk so I love NF's usually. NT's that I have met are too emotionally challanged, and mixing that with me just leaves two gaurded or emotionally challanged people...prolly not so good. If we were in the type of relationship where feelings were not involved then yes NT all the way...like the above members have said...a work environment or hardcore disscussions I would probably love them. Just like at work I am not fond of how all the NF's take everything so personally..."it's just work"..."they're just rules"..."they're for everyone, not just against you"...I silently say this to myself to the INFP's and outloud I actually say "yea i know" or "mmmhmmm" irl to them lol. But at the end of the day, I still love them outside of work and they're real wherever they go, whomever they're with.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've always been atracted to NFJ's. Oddly enough it's pretty much an instant physical attraction, overall their body language is just yummy.. But it's the dreamy look that really sells it.

Mitsuko Souma

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp
Depends on my mood and my situation... but yeah, if I were a feeler; ISFJ I would be. I guess actually no since an ISFJ isn't an NF... I suppose INFJ? ^^

spirilis

Senior Membrane
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I used to fall firmly in that territory, however as of late I've found SJs good company.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I am a SJ magnet, tho their Te is always a big drain on me for prolounged periodes.

NFs or NTs aint intrested in me too much.