User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

Default Any other NTs here who are more into NFs than NTs?

Hi,

The title pretty much tells everything though I must refine it by that I it is not about anything romantic but just generally about spending your time with people.

I am an INTJ and I work as a programmer. My colleagues are all Ts and half of them are NTs. At work, I quite expectedly find the NTs easiest to work and to also generally to deal with.

Outside of work, I, however, prefer NF company. I just feel that I my work and some of my freetime activities let me use my logical side well enough so that when I actually communicate with people for no obvious reason or aim, it NF people who's company I enjoy the most. In such situations, NTs are just a bit too much like myself to be make for really entertaining, interesting and inspiring company.

Any others here with similar experiences?
    INTJ, HSP, 1w9 or tritype 154, sx/sp

Let me count the ways Betty Blue's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

I'm sure you will find several
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"

WhoCares

My soulmates in life have all been NFs ( friends and romantic connections ), they are the ones I typically bond with.

Quote Originally Posted by gandalf View Post
    Hi,

The title pretty much tells everything though I must refine it by that I it is not about anything romantic but just generally about spending your time with people.

I am an INTJ and I work as a programmer. My colleagues are all Ts and half of them are NTs. At work, I quite expectedly find the NTs easiest to work and to also generally to deal with.

Outside of work, I, however, prefer NF company. I just feel that I my work and some of my freetime activities let me use my logical side well enough so that when I actually communicate with people for no obvious reason or aim, it NF people who's company I enjoy the most. In such situations, NTs are just a bit too much like myself to be make for really entertaining, interesting and inspiring company.

I usually get along well with other NT's in a work related environment, if rational logic is their preferred reasoning, and their don't have their head up their ass too much. Otherwise I tend to find NF's bring a different vibe to the table. However not all NT/NF are created equal and the E vs I dichotomy regarding their judging function can greatly impact this; stubbornly blind Te or butt-hurt Fi makes me
    To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp

Yeah, I agree. Especially in romantic relationships. ENFPs are the only ones clever enough to trick me into believing I'm in love
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by gandalf View Post
    Hi,

it depends on the NT. if they are well-rounded and not robotic or consistently argumentative, then I'm fine with them. I'm also really really cool with intelligent NF types. as expected, if I have to generalize, I do best with TP/FJ types, although I have some good INFP friends.

I do like INTP-style conversations, where we're pinging off each other and have a good, creative, intelligent time. I just don't like it when I want to relax/socialize without getting into hardcore discussions and I'm with an NT that doesn't know how to communicate on a human level.

I could see myself falling for the right NTP, but typically I tend to be into NF types for LTRs, as they can provide some emotional counterpoint to my detachment. If I'm with a detached NT type, then I don't typically have the energy to keep trying to make the relationship as close as I'd like.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

I do well with both.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

I'm married to one.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

Unapologetic being Evolving Transparency's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

Don't know enought NT's to really make a formulated decision. But from my experience NF's are easy to get deep with quickly, I hate small talk so I love NF's usually. NT's that I have met are too emotionally challanged, and mixing that with me just leaves two gaurded or emotionally challanged people...prolly not so good. If we were in the type of relationship where feelings were not involved then yes NT all the way...like the above members have said...a work environment or hardcore disscussions I would probably love them. Just like at work I am not fond of how all the NF's take everything so personally..."it's just work"..."they're just rules"..."they're for everyone, not just against you"...I silently say this to myself to the INFP's and outloud I actually say "yea i know" or "mmmhmmm" irl to them lol. But at the end of the day, I still love them outside of work and they're real wherever they go, whomever they're with.
    "Once the game is over, the Pawn and the King go back into the same box"

Freedom isn't free.
    "Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear." ~ Orwell
    I'm that person that embodies pretty much everything that you hate. Might as well get used to it.
    Unapologetically bonding in an uninhibited, propelled manner
    10w12

Banned
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    AVC

All of my best friends are NF's.