User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 64

  1. #11
    Furry Critter with Claws Kiddo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    MBTI
    OMNi
    Posts
    2,790

    Default

    I find when NTs can't justify their values with reason, they objectify them and claim they exist as natural laws or standards in the objective world. Then they can reason that anyone who doesn't follow them is both immoral and irrational.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silently Honest View Post
    OMNi: Wisdom at the cost of Sanity.

  2. #12
    only bites when provoked
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    2,127

    Default

    We may care about some other people. We INTJs will probably try to generate logical reasons for this and cite them when asked, though.
    I 100%, N 88%, T 88%, J 75%

    Disclaimer: The above is my opinion and mine alone, it does not mean I cannot change my mind, nor does it guarantee that my comments are related to any deep-seated convictions. Take everything I say with a whole snowplow worth of salt and call me in the morning, if you can.

  3. #13
    Boring old fossil Night's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None
    Posts
    4,754

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kiddo View Post
    I find when NTs can't justify their values with reason, they objectify them and claim they exist as natural laws or standards in the objective world. Then they can reason that anyone who doesn't follow them is both immoral and irrational.
    Do you think you might be generalizing here?

  4. #14
    Furry Critter with Claws Kiddo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    MBTI
    OMNi
    Posts
    2,790

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Night View Post
    I enjoy faith.
    Faith as in what? In religion? God? That you will get up the next day?
    Quote Originally Posted by Silently Honest View Post
    OMNi: Wisdom at the cost of Sanity.

  5. #15
    Furry Critter with Claws Kiddo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    MBTI
    OMNi
    Posts
    2,790

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
    We may care about some other people. We INTJs will probably try to generate logical reasons for this and cite them when asked, though.
    So in other words, you can't truly accept something until you have a logical reason for it? Even if you have to generate them yourself?
    Quote Originally Posted by Silently Honest View Post
    OMNi: Wisdom at the cost of Sanity.

  6. #16
    Senior Member Eileen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6?
    Posts
    2,191

    Default

    Kiddo, if you are NF, do you care about anything outside of ethics/emotion?

    I'm sure that you do.
    As such, you should be able to answer this question for NTs yourself.
    INFJ

    "I can never be what I ought to be until you are what you ought to be. You can never be what you ought to be until I am what I ought to be. This is the interrelated structure of reality." -Martin Luther King, Jr.

  7. #17
    Boring old fossil Night's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None
    Posts
    4,754

    Default

    Faith, as a philosophical ideal.

    Assembling a system of belief without empirical proof.

    I suppose the application of which could be as simple as (to your example) having a reasonable belief that I'll wake up tomorrow. On a larger scale, the concept of faith could be diversified to incorporate an enduring reliance on...of all things, academic empiricism. (Logic)

  8. #18
    Furry Critter with Claws Kiddo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    MBTI
    OMNi
    Posts
    2,790

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Night View Post
    Do you think you might be generalizing here?
    Making generalization about the personality type? What gave you that idea?

    Quote Originally Posted by Eileen View Post
    Kiddo, if you are NF, do you care about anything outside of ethics/emotion?

    I'm sure that you do.
    As such, you should be able to answer this question for NTs yourself.
    Hm...good question. I'll get back to you on that.

    Quote Originally Posted by Night
    Faith, as a philosophical ideal.

    Assembling a system of belief without empirical proof.

    I suppose the application of which could be as simple as (to your example) having a reasonable belief that I'll wake up tomorrow. On a larger scale, the concept of faith could be diversified to incorporate an enduring reliance on...of all things, academic empiricism. (Logic)
    Please, provide me some examples of things you accept on faith.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silently Honest View Post
    OMNi: Wisdom at the cost of Sanity.

  9. #19
    DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    MBTI
    Hype
    Posts
    2,078

    Default

    Faith in Kiddo's ability to dramaticize something as dull as logic?

    :P

  10. #20
    Lallygag Moderator Geoff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INXP
    Posts
    5,584

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kiddo View Post
    Talluah, Dana, and Geoff can you expand on how love is not a function of logic?

    Nozflubber, I don't know many NTs who are into fashion.

    Edahn, art is the product of human creativity. Are you suggesting that creativity isn't logical?

    Geoff, you just provided a logical explanation for why NTs would enjoy sensations. How does that explain why NTs would accept something that isn't logical? Are you saying that stimulation isn't logical?
    Kiddo, I fear you misunderstand me. I am suggesting that there is no such thing as an NT who only uses logic. Like it or not, they'll all use other functions to embrace stuff. So there is no way of answering the question - it would require finding an NT that doesn't possess emotions, or sexual drives or any of the other complex things that make all humans alive.

Similar Threads

  1. [MBTItm] As an NT, do you care about logic?
    By danseen in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 02-13-2015, 03:03 PM
  2. Do you care about the "Death of Privacy"?
    By Salomé in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 100
    Last Post: 10-26-2010, 04:54 PM
  3. [NF] Do NFs care about anything outside of ethics/emotions?
    By Kiddo in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 12-05-2008, 10:55 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO