• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] 6w5 NTs

Eugene Watson VIII

Senor Membrae
MBTI Type
xxxP
Enneagram
?
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
So I am interested how few of these there are in...ENTPs. I have a friend who is probably a cp 6w5 ENTP but I have no idea why it's still viable but rare at the same time. Is there an answer? How does it play out for xNTJs and INTPs, anyone got the data?

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
My dad's a 6w5 INTP and pretty cp. I think it's less likely because INTPs in general would probably tend to lean more towards 5 than 6. I think ENTPs would probably tend to lean more 6w7 or 7 than 6w5, generally, as well, because Ne is an exploratory, future-oriented function moreso than a protective, observative function.

Eugene Watson VIII

Senor Membrae
MBTI Type
xxxP
Enneagram
?
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You might be right. How about cp/p 6 NTs, is there a trend for each NT?

W

WALMART

I have heard it said that XNTP's are incredibly rare to be found not typed as fives, for whatever that's worth. I think I'd sooner type one 5w6 than 6w5, though to be honest, I have no clue about enneagram typings mixed with MBTI. I'm just now learning the true essences of MBTI.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So I am interested how few of these there are in...ENTPs. I have a friend who is probably a cp 6w5 ENTP but I have no idea why it's still viable but rare at the same time. Is there an answer? How does it play out for xNTJs and INTPs, anyone got the data?

You can look at this. I combined the data from both wings though. One thing you will notice is INTs tend to be 5s and ENTs tend to be 7s. So logically, INTs would likely be 6w5 and ENTs would tend to be 6w7s.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
We have 4 ENTP 6w5s on the forum and one ENTP 6w7. That's not too many on either side.

Eugene Watson VIII

Senor Membrae
MBTI Type
xxxP
Enneagram
?
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I thought 6w5 for ENTP is too good to be true. Maybe not. I have seen a lot of 6w7s though.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I know in Socionics there's the idea of "subtypes", where you can subtype into either your dominant or auxiliary function, following your 4-letter code (so ENTP-Ne and ENTP-Ti). I imagine ENTP-Ti would more likely correlate with 6w5, having a stronger emphasis on logical analysis and information storage (Ti/Si) over concept exploration and interpersonal relations (Ne/Fe).

the16types.info said:
INVENTOR (Ne-ENTp)
Give the impression that they’re flying in the clouds, may appear childish/naïve. A socially adept conversationalist; read much and are inquisitive, willingly discuss new information with associates and are interested in their opinion. Their seemingly shy demeanor combines with coolness and obstinacy when they begin to defend their point of view. They like to discuss but rarely ever end these disputes in conflict. Often smile at associates without need of an occasion. Use an identical smile when they speak about both, ridiculous and serious, subject matter. Attempt being kind to all and do not take personal offense to remarks. In employment they are patient and, despite forgetfulness, tend to finish work which interests them. Gestures and speech seem either slowed down or accelerated. Pose with ease, appear absent-minded, gait and movements seem uncertain/weak-willed.

SELECTOR (Ti-ENTp)
The logical subtype tries to project the impression of a serious person. Can be sharp and, from time to time, even inconsiderate. They are self-assured and speak quickly, usually with a categorical tone. Are unduly categorical in their judgments and tend to impose their opinion on others. Sometimes appears energetic and self-confident; are impatient and cannot always wait for a speaker to finish before interrupting. Often take great new interests and try to find these a practical embodiment; will actively and vigorously defend their interests but after they flare up and offend someone they will consciously make note and try to correct their position. Very ambitious and prone to take offense to mere trifles, however, after a while will again return to an affable and benevolent state. Behaviors are unpredictable and full of contrast. Appear tenacious, gait and gestures seem confident but are poorly coordinated. Pose without restraint, capable of quickly closing a distance, may embrace or kiss the interlocutor.

Eugene Watson VIII

Senor Membrae
MBTI Type
xxxP
Enneagram
?
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've seen these subtypes around before and it makes me wonder about them since most (?) ENTPs would go between the two. also seems contradictory about the 6w5 thing. Don't think I've seen any confirmed 6w5 ENPs.

I also saw some actor? typed as a 5 ENFP. +1 if you can get his name right. :doh: