User Tag List

First 234

Enneagram
    inxj

i find i'm also very wrapped up in my intellectual persuits, and i know i should be starting a family bacause i'm no spring chiken. I'm so commited to this, that i have come to the realization that i will most likely never bare them, unless the father will take more of a maternal role and decide to be the prime caregiver, if i can find someone like that, then i think it could be a possibility for me.

MBTI
    INTx
    Enneagram

An INTJ (or INTP for that matter) having children sounds like a very, very bad idea but maybe I'm biased having absolutely no desire to have children myself.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by freedom geek View Post
    An INTJ (or INTP for that matter) having children sounds like a very, very bad idea but maybe I'm biased having absolutely no desire to have children myself.
    If you allow your Ni to see the potential consequences of your actions to a child, and accepting that, still choose to be a parent, you have the potential to be just as decent a parent as any other.

Parenting and emotional support are skillsets with their own particular uses. We excel at aquiring skills, so there's no real reason to fail at parenting if you were responsible in choosing to become one.
    Function Activity:
    Ni > Te > Ti = Fi > Ne > Si = Fe > Se

MBTI
    INTx
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Kra View Post
    If you allow your Ni to see the potential consequences of your actions to a child, and accepting that, still choose to be a parent, you have the potential to be just as decent a parent as any other.

Parenting and emotional support are skillsets with their own particular uses. We excel at aquiring skills, so there's no real reason to fail at parenting if you were responsible in choosing to become one.
    But what is the reason for having children, what does one gain? Without answering this one cannot in my mind be a good parent and all the answers like "love" seem far too emotional, then again maybe I'm just placing my own lack of love of such being upon others.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

But what is the reason for having children, what does one gain? Without answering this one cannot in my mind be a good parent and all the answers like "love" seem far too emotional, then again maybe I'm just placing my own lack of love of such being upon others.
    I'm afraid that's something you'll have to answer for yourself.

Reasons for parenthood vary wildly from person to person. From performing your evolutionary duty as a homo sapien, to having someone to carry on whatever legacy you have, and even the emotional reasons (we don't completely lack emotional motivation...).
    Function Activity:

MBTI
    INTx
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Kra View Post
    I'm afraid that's something you'll have to answer for yourself.

Reasons for parenthood vary wildly from person to person. From performing your evolutionary duty as a homo sapien, to having someone to carry on whatever legacy you have, and even the emotional reasons (we don't completely lack emotional motivation...).
    The first two seem silly to me. Evolution is not a moral imperative and there are far easier and safer (what if they aren't the type of person that can carry on your legacy) ways to carry on one's legacy such as mentoring someone or given the way that medical technology is going at the moment, if you're fairly young, making the best possible effort to live long enough to receive anti-aging treatments and carry it forwards yourself.

Again maybe I'm just placing my emotions (or lack thereof) in certain areas upon other INTs.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

The first two seem silly to me. Evolution is not a moral imperative and there are far easier and safer (what if they aren't the type of person that can carry on your legacy) ways to carry on one's legacy such as mentoring someone or given the way that medical technology is going at the moment, if you're fairly young, making the best possible effort to live long enough to receive anti-aging treatments and carry it forwards yourself.

Again maybe I'm just placing my emotions (or lack thereof) in certain areas upon other INTs.
    That would be your choice then.
    Function Activity: