User Tag List

123 Last

Thread: INTP or ENTP?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 so/sx

Default INTP or ENTP?

I originally tested as INTJ but after reading up on MBTI types I felt like I was better matched with INTP. Now I'm wondering if I could be just a shy ENTP?

Any thoughts on differentiating or input about what my type might be?

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

why do you think that you might be an ENTP(or INTP)?

it might be kinda hard to tell an INTP from ENTP in some cases unless you have someone(whos internal workings you know reasonably well) of the other type to compare yourself to. with the case of reasonably introverted ENTP, you can see the difference to INTP by looking at Si/Fe, both Ne and Ti are usually pretty well differentiated in introverted ENTP and INTP close to being E, so there isnt that much(visible from outside) difference on that sector. INTPs tend to use intuitions to support thinking, while ENTPs tend to use thinking to support their intuitions. but with well differentiated Ti and Ne, it can go both ways quite often and its not easy to spot the difference.

do you know any ENTPs or INTPs to who you could compare yourself to?

i was thinking of trying to explain some differences between me and my ENTP friend(who isnt very extraverted and would probably score I>E in big 5), but the differences are so subtle that its not easy to give a clear differences. but some of the things are: he is more into sports(doesent mind to go swimming by himself or do that sort of stuff, i feel very awkward going to swimming hall, at beach or doing pretty much any activity on my own), he is less shy(but its not very apparent, since he isnt the sort of guy who babbles much anyways and i dont really get shy in real time, just when anticipating things, so its just that it sometimes inhibits me from starting things and doesent show in the actual interactions), dominating might be a wrong word but its kinda like he more freely interacts with the external world and doesent think so much about what others think about if he does this or that etc. , he is sort of more at home in the external world and interactions with it, while i am more careful, like on someone elses territory. when solving a puzzle, he tries different things till he gets it right or figures it out, i try to think before every move(which kinda shows the difference in our relations to external world). if we get excited about something and talk, i dont think you see much of difference between us, same if we are contemplating on problem etc.
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Your posts read as more systematic and linear than an ENTP. Ne-doms can be quite non-linear.

Edit: Ti-dom seems quite likely for you just based on the posts I've read, and for some reason you seem significantly more like an INTP than an INTJ.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

WALMART

You've always struck me as INTP, though to be honest, my conceptual understanding of extroversion and introversion is way fucked up.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w1

nigga u a intp

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    why do you think that you might be an ENTP(or INTP)?

it might be kinda hard to tell an INTP from ENTP in some cases unless you have someone(whos internal workings you know reasonably well) of the other type to compare yourself to. with the case of reasonably introverted ENTP, you can see the difference to INTP by looking at Si/Fe, both Ne and Ti are usually pretty well differentiated in introverted ENTP and INTP close to being E, so there isnt that much(visible from outside) difference on that sector. INTPs tend to use intuitions to support thinking, while ENTPs tend to use thinking to support their intuitions. but with well differentiated Ti and Ne, it can go both ways quite often and its not easy to spot the difference.

do you know any ENTPs or INTPs to who you could compare yourself to?

i was thinking of trying to explain some differences between me and my ENTP friend(who isnt very extraverted and would probably score I>E in big 5), but the differences are so subtle that its not easy to give a clear differences. but some of the things are: he is more into sports(doesent mind to go swimming by himself or do that sort of stuff, i feel very awkward going to swimming hall, at beach or doing pretty much any activity on my own), he is less shy(but its not very apparent, since he isnt the sort of guy who babbles much anyways and i dont really get shy in real time, just when anticipating things, so its just that it sometimes inhibits me from starting things and doesent show in the actual interactions), dominating might be a wrong word but its kinda like he more freely interacts with the external world and doesent think so much about what others think about if he does this or that etc. , he is sort of more at home in the external world and interactions with it, while i am more careful, like on someone elses territory. when solving a puzzle, he tries different things till he gets it right or figures it out, i try to think before every move(which kinda shows the difference in our relations to external world). if we get excited about something and talk, i dont think you see much of difference between us, same if we are contemplating on problem etc.
    I only know two person who I think is are ENTP. The both seem much more out in the world than I am though we seem to have similar thoughts.

Senor Membrae Eugene Watson VIII's Avatar
    MBTI
    iSFP
    Enneagram
    idk sp

Quote Originally Posted by Ism View Post
    nigga u a intp
    exactly. When you Ne it feels like your kind of blind to some things and inherit weird problems like a toe infection. ENTPs seem to have more bad luck in a sense they dont care much for the now lol, and you seem mostly Ti-Ne than Ne-Ti.
    Myers-Briggs: xsFP

Enneagram: 9?-4wX?-5/6

~ People don't think it be like it is, but it do. ~

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    2 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Ism View Post
    nigga u a intp
    Ha ha ha
    This made me smile

Yes, (s)he is.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

You read intp to me.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Riva

Dear God INTP for you and 'I' to the infinity.