First 123 Last

Thread: INTP or ENTP?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

very convincing intp.
    not nearly batshit enough for "e". :p
    Many of us do the "am I a shy entp???" question eventually. Sometimes that's from internalizing some rather retarded misconceptions about intps.
    Ti (43); Ne (41.8); Te (33.7); Fi (30.5); Ni (27.5); Se (24.7); Si (21.5); Fe (17.3)
    The More You Know the Less You Need. - Aboriginal Saying

MBTI
    INTP

When I first came in contact with MBTI (and before I had time to really read up on the types) I was convinced I was an "E" - simply because I was talkative etc. But the thing that really convinced me to accept that I was in fact "I" was the difference in "loading batteries". I know E people who are energized by a day at a fair/convent etc while I'm exhausted and actually need a couple of days alone in the woods (so to say) before I'm "fully charged" again... My "extroverted acting" was actually just a quality that I had learned, because being shy and silent didn't really get me anywhere.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post
    Dear God INTP for you and 'I' to the infinity.
    Hahah. How's that?

Riva

Quote Originally Posted by Pseudo View Post
    Hahah. How's that?
    This -

Quote Originally Posted by Pseudo View Post
    I don't know I'm just not interested in flirting. Most of the stuff people say when flirting just seems (in my opinion) very stupid. I think interactions are more fun when talking about actual subjects rather than just exchanging compliments, glances ect. I like jokes and talking with people but joking and having a good time is different than flirting.
    Add to it you give a rather Ti dominant vibe. To be more specific it's INTP. When it comes to ther other Ti doms, ISTPs have this positive attitude towards life at most times (probably due to Se) especially compared to INTPs. You have a rather why do any of this vibe to yourself. ENTPs (and other ExxPs) have a lust for life. This is why they seem interesting/entertaining. INTPs are quite the opposites. They have as I described a rather why? attitude to life.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 so/sx

This -

Add to it you give a rather Ti dominant vibe. To be more specific it's INTP. When it comes to ther other Ti doms, ISTPs have this positive attitude towards life at most times especially compared to INTPs. You have a rather why do any of this vibe to yourself. ENTPs (and other ESTPs) have a lst for life. This is why they seem interesting/entertaining. INTPs are quite the opposites. They have as I described a rather why? attitude to life. This probably is due to their dominant function Ti. Sometimes I've noticed even ISTPs with weak Se suffers from this.
    Sad but probably true. bummer.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

This -This is why they seem interesting/entertaining. INTPs are quite the opposites. They have as I described a rather why? attitude to life.
    One man's "entertaining" is another person's "annoying." Plenty of those entps.
    I find intps among the most entertaining people, partly because of that "why" Ti orientation fed into by the wtf of "Ne."

One reason I type Pseudo intp and not entp is that she seems much more interested in figuring out the why of stuff and less in the performative one-upmanship game of "winning" an argument.
    Ti (43); Ne (41.8); Te (33.7); Fi (30.5); Ni (27.5); Se (24.7); Si (21.5); Fe (17.3)

Riva

Quote Originally Posted by Spartacuss View Post
    One man's "entertaining" is another person's "annoying." Plenty of those entps.
    I find intps among the most entertaining people, partly because of that "why" Ti orientation fed by the wtf of "Ne."
    When I said why? I meant why do this? instead of why not do this? and why not try this? and why not have fun? and why not be entertained? etc.

In the defense of INTPs, yes they in one on one conversations are interesting indeed. Add to it they are quite knowledgeable in many areas makes them quite informative and anyone who is curious in any subject that an INTP knows of is in for a ride. But sadly they seem to hold a why attitude that prevent them from taking actions. When I meant taking actions I do not mean responsibilities or duties I mean seeking entertainment.

To elaborate a bit more they seem to ponder the end result and ask themselves what's the point of it all. ENTPs (ExxPs) even if they see the end they would go through it anyway. Infact they would find ways to make the ride more entertaining.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

When I said why? I meant why do this? instead of why not do this? and why not try this? and why not have fun? and why not be entertained? etc.
    Being entertained is quite different from being entertaining, or, as you would have it, the opposite of interesting and entertaining.

Further, "why not" is as INTP a question as "why." Difference in how the question is presented may have something to do with the desirability (or lack thereof) of the entertainment at hand.

In the defense of INTPs, yes they in one on one conversations are interesting indeed. Add to it they are quite knowledgeable in many areas makes them quite informative and anyone who is curious in any subject that an INTP knows of is in for a ride. But sadly they seem to hold a why attitude that prevent them from taking actions. When I meant taking actions I do not mean responsibilities or duties I mean seeking entertainment.
    It's charming that you attempt to present a defense of intps against your own conclusion that they are the opposite of interesting or entertaining. Charming but unnecessary. What I get from the above is that intps are not performative circus clowns. And that's not as off-base an observation as the rest.

Riva

Being entertained is quite different from being entertaining, or, as you would have it, the opposite of interesting and entertaining.
    Do I have to spell out everything for you? When I said being entertained I mean being entertained/seeking entertainment etc. This entertainment could be in many forms yes. I was addressing Pseudo, so she might get the point I was referring to, which you obviously don't seem to.

Further, "why not" is as INTP a question as "why." Difference in how the question is presented may have something to do with the desirability (or lack thereof) of the entertainment at hand.
    Go read my post again. They tend to question why? in ............ No point. So I'm not going to waste my time and elaborate.

It's charming that you attempt to present a defense of intps against your own conclusion that they are the opposite of interesting or entertaining. Charming but unnecessary.
    I wasn't trying to charm you or anyone here. Lolz.

I genuine do believe that INTPs are entertaining in one on one conversations. It's best not to assume what anyone's intentions are especially on an online forum.

What I get from the above is that intps are not performative circus clowns. And that's not as off-base an observation as the rest.
    I seem to have to spell out everything for you. Such a shame. Like I said above I meant being entertained and not being circus clowns to entertain. I never found circus clowns to be entertaining so I guess you are better at being entertained therefore my point of view (since you being an INTP that is) is obviously wrong. Lolz.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 so/sx

Do I have to spell out everything for you. When I said being entertained I mean being entertained/seeking entertainment etc. This entertainment could be in many forms yes. I was addressing Pseudo, so she might get the point I was referring to, which you obviously don't seem to.

Go read my post again. They tend to question why? in ............ No point. So I'm going to stop there.

I wasn't trying to charm you or anyone here. Lolz.

I genuine do believe that INTPs are entertaining in one on one conversations. It's best not to assume what anyone's intentions are especially on an online forum.

I seem to have to spell out everything for you. Such a shame. Like I said above I meant being entertained and not being circus clowns. I never founf circus clowns to beentertaining so I guess you are better at being entertained therefore my point of view (you being an INTP that is) is obviously wrong. Lolz.
    Hmmm. I feel like I'm constantly seeking entertainment but maybe it's not what other people consider entertaining? TypeC, music. Making art, walks, dancing, playing sports. Sometimes I feel like I need to be constantly stimulated and that's what prevents me from taking in the outside world. It's difficult for me to enjoy baths, sitting on the beach or walking just as a sensual experiences.

Maybe that is it. I'm more entertained by my inner world and thoughts than what's happening around me.

One the one have I do think I have a somewhat reserved why approach to life when it comes to people. I don't want to involve myself with people who will later leave my life. Unlike others who have the mentality that people come In And out of your life and you enjoy them. I have a hard time enjoying things when I don't know where I stand.