First 678

MBTI
    Intp
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Socionics
    ILI

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    hmm... though perhaps sometimes you're reading a simple desire for clarification and disambiguation as hostility?

I just like to ensure that if we're discussing something, we're on the same page. It's frustrating when after hours of argument, I finally realize that we agreed all along, we just thought the words meant different things. That's why I like to start out if possible by agreeing on definitions. Bit like lawyers do
    But oh, that takes so much time and energy...
    I must agree with Dom. The word "feeling" works as a red flag to many (N)T's, and ironically leads to a QED
    Vanitas vanitatum omnia vanitas

MBTI
    Intp
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Socionics
    ILI

As to the OP and building on the previous, I fear many T's deny feelings rather than ignore of supress them...
    Vanitas vanitatum omnia vanitas

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    Yeah that, but I thought it was also just being aware of your own emotions? Or is that just F generally?

See? clueless

In any case, my internal set of values tells me it's mean to be suspicious of someone when they're just being nice. So it could still be Fi making me feel guilty?

edit - even though Ni is telling me he's probably being sarcastic to see how egotistical I can be when I take it seriously and believe he thinks I'm awesome, and Ti is telling me who cares what the big girlpants thinks anyway?
    What is this?

I am genuinely annoyed by people assuming that because you have not made the same decisions as they have, that you suffer the consequences from them, that you are genuinely unhappy. People who take the road often traveled suffer consequences, too -- they're just so common that they're not likely to notice them.

I'm feeling sick now...
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    What is this?

I am genuinely annoyed by people assuming that because you have not made the same decisions as they have, that you suffer the consequences from them, that you are genuinely unhappy. People who take the road often traveled suffer consequences, too -- they're just so common that they're not likely to notice them.

I'm feeling sick now...
    Don't feel sick! And no one is trying to tell anyone to take the path most travelled.

I'm pretty certain that if sub, yourself and i all faced teh same situation and all decided to let our emotions guide us, that we'd all end up doing different things to solve the situation we were facing. I'm certainly not argueing for uniformity.. ick!

Permabanned
    MBTI
    IT

I don't notice/determine the impact my decisions make on others. I try to make the best decision, period, even if it causes me great pain. When people start whining/bitching/complaining, and I can't handle it, I usually wish I had taken the "human" factor into consideration.

I am not usually very emotional. Like, the moody EN*P behaviour that I'm usually surrounded by is foreign to me. I couldn't imagine bouncing all over the place like that. Its like a non-robust system oscillating wildly out of control; that shit needs to be stabilized before it causes damage.

The "emotion" I experience most frequently is anger. I get angry before anything else. The second most common is frustration, bordering on wanting to give up. If I'm not experiencing one of those two emotions, then I'm going on about my day thinking about other shit, slowly and methodically working my way up to a bout of rage, or depression.

The worst emotion I experience is heart break. I master everything I do except picking up women, and being well-regarded in a relationship. This leads to the "get away from me weirdo," or "I'm leaving you, you sorry, dull, cold, lifeless sack of shit." That hurts like a bitch. Problem is, the "heart break" is more like a feeling of failure, and ineptitude than a feeling of "she doesn't want me, I'm just a bad person, I feel so rejected."

As for dealing with emotions; I guess I don't. If I get angry, depressed, or heart broken, I get dragged down by the feelings. Good thing for me is that I don't experience emotions outside of neutral very often.

I can't ignore emotions.

MBTI
    ENTP

Aw haphazard I was only being my usual silly self, I didn't mean anything against you
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

My hypothesis is that emotion is the energy of information. You cannot eliminate emotion without the elimination of thought. But this is just a guess.