• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] intp or enfp

moonnx

MBTI Type
Intp
Does anyone ever feel like they sometimes act like another personality, in this case intp and then enfp? I've heard that intj/p are sometimes mistyped and that although enfp are extroverted they are the most introverted of the extroverts? Idk just wondering.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I would have assumed that ENFP is the most extraverted of all the extraverted types because the ones I know are so freaking loud and they are always bouncing all over the place!

That's just not true. I think most people would type me as an introvert in most situations.

I'm not crazy extroverted at all.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Why'd you delete? Raptor wizard ? There's nothing weird about what you said. Some enfps are the extreme bouncy variety like robin Williams.

It's just a spectrum deal I think.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
And op person.... Enfp would sort of make more sense for you from what I've seen.

Not that I personally relate but I've seen other enfps on this site in the past that you remind me of more than any intps.

Limited data tho so idk

Fourplay

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
ENTP are actually the most introverted of the extroverts.

We spend a lot of time alone when we are playing around with something of our interest too.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't think you can really say that either... I mean some entps seem totally extroverted too.

I think it really is just a spectrum.

Santosha

MBTI Type
HUMR
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
Does anyone ever feel like they sometimes act like another personality, in this case intp and then enfp? I've heard that intj/p are sometimes mistyped and that although enfp are extroverted they are the most introverted of the extroverts? Idk just wondering.

I can see how intp/enfp could potentially mistype for a minute or two, theoretically.. but I've never confused the two IRL. Way diff vibes and once you pin down te/ti differences theres no going back. Since alot of ENFP's are e7 and INTP e5, I believe some of the growth and dissintegration could blur, along with dom/aux Ne and less developed Si. Again, this would be quick surface take or maybe dichotomy results.. completely diff vibe IRL. BUt ya, I considered it as well. ENFP's are notorious for wearing diff hats.. INTP's - not so much.

moonnx

MBTI Type
Intp
okay. The thing is I think I might just like Enfps lol (I sometimes type intj-they're a good match-i've read) ALot of my favorite singers, katy perry, P!nk, Jessie J etc are ENFP I think. And yes, I do type e5-idk maybe I'm under the impression that intps are supposed to be weird and spacey like Luna lovegood or Neville Longbottom (Harry potter). I'm very creative,original, talented at most things if I try moderately hard...oh and I have adhd (talk alot and fast and randomly)-so I thought enfps (and entps) are supposed to be adhd. I know those aren't the only types that can have adhd but I was just grouping it with the other traits I think ENFPs have...

moonnx

MBTI Type
Intp
lol I kinda favor intp-I think it's cooler. :) (Plus Enfps aren't good for law school- I know it's just the internet but it says that intps would do great there...so I'm thinking law school-but at the same time I'm thinking that I can;t concentrate enough for it =/

and yeah, you're right ENTPs are the most introverted.

I could be enfp-but I get drained around people-maybe I'm just hanging around the wrong kind of people? Like if you're an enfp do you love being around people alot?

Redbone

Orisha
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Rare mistake but possible.

Robopop

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yeah I can see how some INTPs and ENFPs could be potentially confused with each other on a superficial level, they both have the NP temperament, both could come off as spacey and head in the clouds to more pragmatic types, ENFPs would probably seem even more zany and less grounded too.

Burger King

If you notice something strange between yourself and the group, then you are either mistyped or you have an enneagram type that is uncommon to the group. Lets see, INTP types are typically e5, maybe you are e9 or something - they want to merge, so they come across like a chameleon and in some cases lose their identity.

edit: There shouldn't be a confusion here though. Me thinks you are another type that idealizes INTP description and types as one.