• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] Attractive Intp Women dating?

BeBe

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Sounds like you need to date a INT like me:D , to me that's the best way for great understanding as long as both are developing sensory and judging cognitive functions, you two will be alright!

Haha yeah I guess I do...if I can find him IRL! ;)

And after reading through all of the OP's posts, it seems to be a lack of having a true identity that has nothing to do with looks. I guess after getting several compliments on how pretty she is, she came to see herself as just a pretty face. And you can go on and on about how you like being intellectual and rational but all that matters is who you really think you are.

It's insecurity; you don't feel like you're good enough or complete, so something as constant as the attention you get appears to fill whatever you think you lack. Now there's no room for you to feel complete through other means.

Not everything is black and white; you need to think in relative terms, which is what a lot of posts are saying. Pretty to you is not pretty to everyone and what you see as excessive attention for your looks might not be so bad to others.

A lot of us have identity issues, regardless of being INTP, but it takes experience and open-mindedness to figure it out. It's frustrating sometimes but when you realize you're someone who doesn't need to be who others think you should be, you'll be happier. It's not easy, and there's a tendency to revert back but you'll get there...eventually. :)

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Why does it seem like most everyone except [MENTION=2701]Tallulah[/MENTION] is being a whiny jerk in this thread?

Be nice, people. Life is tricky to figure out. She's just penduluming back and forth until she finds an accurate perspective. http://xkcd.com/1053/ Give her space and time to arrive. We all need to do that.

it may not seem like it but....my taking the time to give her advice was me being nice here.
irl i likely would've just dismissed her as annoying and not bothered.

ajackson17

MBTI Type
INTP
Seems like the grip of inferior Fe rearing its ugly head.

I have to agree with that!:yesss: She needs to start developing her sensory and extraverted feelings and understand some key things in life, than she'll be more stable. Even knowing your an INTP you have to understand the things you need to work on understand. Do not be too rigid and hard on yourself.

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Why does it seem like most everyone except [MENTION=2701]Tallulah[/MENTION] is being a whiny jerk in this thread?
Backpacks_thrown.gif

You're pretty illogical for an INTP.
This thread is littered with incorrectly typed - and annoying as all get out - "intp" noobs.
You don't need to meet another one to logically determine they exist.
QFT.

moonnx

MBTI Type
Intp
oh- my confidence rides on my attractive ness b/c I dont let people really get passed that. I usually try to do everything. Like I was in college marching band for four years,sorority for two, play drumset and trumpet, english major, and worked part time, took classes at three schools at once, studied abroad. I know that's not that much, but I try to do alot at once to make myself look better than others.the thing is I never try my best in any of it. Like any person that talked to me would think I have like 3.8 gpa but it's barely 3.0 and I've never been on dean's list or anything. I'm just afraid of people notcing me. So I guess since my attraciveness is always there and people bother me about it-you should dress up-it's shame if you don't- I wish I had a body like yours- so I'm like trying o do what I'm "supposed" to do?

ajackson17

MBTI Type
INTP
oh- my confidence rides on my attractive ness b/c I dont let people really get passed that. I usually try to do everything. Like I was in college marching band for four years,sorority for two, play drumset and trumpet, english major, and worked part time, took classes at three schools at once, studied abroad. I know that's not that much, but I try to do alot at once to make myself look better than others.the thing is I never try my best in any of it. Like any person that talked to me would think I have like 3.8 gpa but it's barely 3.0 and I've never been on dean's list or anything. I'm just afraid of people notcing me. So I guess since my attraciveness is always there and people bother me about it-you should dress up-it's shame if you don't- I wish I had a body like yours- so I'm like trying o do what I'm "supposed" to do?

INTP%20listen%20thoughts.png

Spartacuss

wholly charmed
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4

Be nice, people. Life is tricky to figure out. She's just penduluming back and forth until she finds an accurate perspective. http://xkcd.com/1053/ Give her space and time to arrive. We all need to do that.
This isn't the first time you've missed the subtext of a thread while going into full-on preach mode.
lol @ being nice to an obvious troll in an obvious flame thread with fake intps (both OP and her other n00b responders).

moonnx

MBTI Type
Intp
how am I a fake intp? And I hate getting mistaken for a troll-this is an actual problem for me-whether or not you believe it or not. I act like this in real life- I test intj/p every time...so. You don't have to comment you know.

moonnx

MBTI Type
Intp
I don't talk about being pretty in real life- becasue girls tend to get offended. Umm it's just observation....

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What do you want?

ajackson17

MBTI Type
INTP
Now, I see why we are considered annoying :rofl1: But on a serious note look at the note I gave you and just dwell on that. You are going to make yourself crazy over analyzing about this, but first...

1) Deal with it, guys are always gonna talk to you, its up to you to dictate how you feel and react

2) Speak your mind with tact and be wise with your words and you will learn to have your way

3) Speak with your body language cause sometimes you can think you are not inviting, but you just making it seem you are playing hard to get.

4) To get rid of "most" men talk about deep topics or quirky weird deep things and that'll scare them or get people to want you more (Double Edge Sword)

5) It's good to express yourself, but do not beat yourself up over it and love who you are, it makes you unique and "almost" superior:newwink:

G

Glycerine

Insecurity tends to trump logic. Just look at most of the INTX dating threads.....

If someone is at least decent looking, it's almost a sure bet that they are going to be hit on a bit. After we have established that you are pretty, what more is there?

Usehername

On a mission
it may not seem like it but....my taking the time to give her advice was me being nice here.
irl i likely would've just dismissed her as annoying and not bothered.

Naw, I just skimmed the thread and missed you. :hug: Sorry.

This isn't the first time you've missed the subtext of a thread while going into full-on preach mode.
lol @ being nice to an obvious troll in an obvious flame thread with fake intps (both OP and her other n00b responders).

I've never seen a post of yours in my life. Who are you? Did you switch usernames?

Hildur

MBTI Type
INTP
This "problem" with being attractive sort of reminded me of my own youth centuries ago. I remember the phrase "OMG, do you study math? You look quite normal to me...?". I was actually quite attractive but always discontent with how guys would approach me - they all seemed so shallow and uninteresting, just judging me by my looks. My roommates always said I was unhappy because I had no boyfriend, but I rather think I was unhappy because there was nobody out there who would/could like the real me. So I actually kept dressing pretty etc. and going out, but the shallow attention never helped my self-esteem.

I get where she's coming from, and I still haven't figured it out myself. People tend to perceive you one way, and you know you're a weirdo INTP that's going to take some time to get to know. A lot of guys who just see "hot chick" before them won't be compatible with a nerdy INTP, and it exhausts the socially inept INTP to weed through everyone that gets flirty to find folks you do click with.

Because most INTPs don't give a shit about the opinion of others. It may be considered as data for a hot minute and then dismissed as "irrelevant".
:thumbup:

ajackson17

MBTI Type
INTP
This "problem" with being attractive sort of reminded me of my own youth centuries ago. I remember the phrase "OMG, do you study math? You look quite normal to me...?". I was actually quite attractive but always discontent with how guys would approach me - they all seemed so shallow and uninteresting, just judging me by my looks. My roommates always said I was unhappy because I had no boyfriend, but I rather think I was unhappy because there was nobody out there who would/could like the real me. So I actually kept dressing pretty etc. and going out, but the shallow attention never helped my self-esteem.

:thumbup:

:hug: Most guys do not actually care for whats inside a woman's mind while they are young and dumb. Just as long as she somewhat entertaining and attractive. Even now, most guys would rather women not think so much because its dangerous to their preconceive notion of superiority and patriarchal society. Mostly, that's with a lot of SJ's and SP's "assuming" because most NT's realize they need a woman who can actually feed or stimulate their intellectual minds and work with it or otherwise relationships can drag if there is no data to be acquired and can be played with.

COLORATURA

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I really relate to you. I know most of the others on here don't. You are feeling alone b/c people are judging you from the outside, when you are so different on the in. I REALLY get that. I have done modeling shit & even got told by my last employer he hired me for my looks (pissed me the fuck off). You want to be recognized for your intelligence, cleverness, talents and etc. However, all that anyone seems to notice is your looks, right?? All I can say is, you need to get the bitch attitude. I know that sounds un-intp-ish & against your nature, but if you don't, you will feel like bait on a hook. I used to try to hang out with guys all the time, and had to learn to filter them. Most honest guys have said they have no use for being friends with a girl unless they are interested in more than friends...
Not ALL guys are this way, though. You need to hone in on your research & analytic skills & use them for people. Learn more about functions, and learn to recognize them. When you meet a guy (or perhaps girls or people in general...), you will be able to recognize certain patterns in their behavior. I have had ALOT of "SP's" try to get with me, and while they are fun, I know I will never have a deep connection with them. I look for certain clues to behavior to know whether they will appreciate my brain. I like to call this my personality bias. :hug:

TO ALL OTHER INTP PEOPLE: HOW COULD YOU NOT RECOGNIZE AN ATTRACTIVE GIRL LOOKING FOR A FUCKING "MINDMATE" IN THE MEDIA-DRIVEN AMERICAN POPULATION???
*Gee-zus!*