• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] Attractive Intp Women dating?

MBTI Type
ESFJ
But I guess my question is are there any attractive intp women out there and if so what is your experience with dating.
I forget that I'm attractive. And I guess I'm really attractive. But when I look in the mirror I remember.
No, you're the only one in the entire world.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
No, you're the only one in the entire world.

INXX's tend to think they are rarer than they are in many areas, I think. Because we're used to being somewhat unusual, and usually not knowing exactly what is normal, we have no real way of knowing whether other people experience things the same way we do.

Hence, online interaction and spilling our insecurities for random people who are kind of like us to comment on and (hopefully) identify with.

ilikeitlikethat

You're unbelievable ...
MBTI Type
xNTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Is this the story of The Ugly Duckling? (The duckling who turned out to be a swan).

Some Tomboy Eddie Munster looking rough and tough kind of girl who grew up to be a babe?
And this thread is about her comming to terms with that or, what?

Am I barking up the wrong tree with that synapsis? lol

Pseudo

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Is this the story of The Ugly Duckling? (The duckling who turned out to be a swan).

Some Tomboy Eddie Munster looking rough and tough kind of girl who grew up to be a babe?
And this thread is about her comming to terms with that or, what?

Am I barking up the wrong tree with that synapsis? lol

Hhahahah. I was eddie Munster for halloween when I was 12.

MBTI Type
ESFJ
INXX's tend to think they are rarer than they are in many areas, I think. Because we're used to being somewhat unusual, and usually not knowing exactly what is normal, we have no real way of knowing whether other people experience things the same way we do.

Hence, online interaction and spilling our insecurities for random people who are kind of like us to comment on and (hopefully) identify with.
Based on the hubris of INTPs (NTs really), one would think she'd have the logical sense to figure out there's at least one other attractive INTP in the world with XY chromosomes.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Based on the hubris of INTPs (NTs really), one would think she'd have the logical sense to figure out there's at least one other attractive INTP in the world with XY chromosomes.

True. But depending on how rare they are, and their tendency to be loners, she might never meet him (at least in her mind). Just sayin. I have to stand up for my fellow nerds.

moonnx

MBTI Type
Intp
@ greenfairy : I agree with you- I also feel like an enfp sometimes. But my question is forcing yourself to be more social changing your personality form intp? I was thinking that perhaps I have a personality disorder- borderline personality disorder- (I like know tons of mental disorders from heart).
[MENTION=15315]UniqueMixture[/MENTION]: I do wear skirts sometimes. My (parents) house is in the ghetto. And I go to a pre-dominantly white univeristy and have never lived in the ghetto area of campus. It's when I go out that the black guys go crazy b/c they have never saw me before. In high school- the guys just didn't know me- kept asking other girls "what's her name?" etc.

moonnx

MBTI Type
Intp
umm...Not an ugly duckling exactly-I still got bothered when I had glasses and braces- I was fine before- it was just middle school-before and after it was fine. I just don't understand compliments. Like why the hell should I say "thank you" for someone calling me pretty- I didn't earn it. Also I just bought and wore some high- waisted shorts and was very annoyed when a fucking african older man told me to cut him line at the cafeteria when he def. was wiating longer than I was and had less food to buy. Like what does that mean?

I always knew I was pretty-(well it was more my body before I started taking care of myself-b/c I was "supposed to"- I mean what's wrong with sweats? and frizy hair-and WHY do I have to wear makeup?)I just don't know why it's a big deal.

like if you say "you're pretty" i think "Obviously" or I say "I know"- but now my automated response is "thank you" b/c if I don't it's being rude. I'm about to get a sign to hold it up whenever someone bothers me.

UniqueMixture

MBTI Type
estj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You better be careful. That attitude attracts assholes

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Perhaps. I think she just doesn't know any other way to talk about it, since the reason she gets so much (unwanted) attention (as she says) is because she is in fact hot.

Really?
What am I missing? I mean, she's cute enough, but she's not all that.

All I see is a bunch of half-assed excuses. "I'm Aspie "- over diagnosed. "I'm INTP" - ditto. "I'm ADHD" - as well??? "I'm borderline" - Fuck, time to see a shrink.

Maybe she's just obnoxious and that's why she doesn't have a bf? Usually the simplest explanation is the best one.

Pseudo

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
True. But depending on how rare they are, and their tendency to be loners, she might never meet him (at least in her mind). Just sayin. I have to stand up for my fellow nerds.

You don't need to meet another one to logically determine they exist.

ilikeitlikethat

You're unbelievable ...
MBTI Type
xNTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
umm...Not an ugly duckling exactly-I still got bothered when I had glasses and braces- I was fine before- it was just middle school-before and after it was fine. I just don't understand compliments. Like why the hell should I say "thank you" for someone calling me pretty- I didn't earn it. Also I just bought and wore some high- waisted shorts and was very annoyed when a fucking african older man told me to cut him line at the cafeteria when he def. was wiating longer than I was and had less food to buy. Like what does that mean?

I always knew I was pretty-(well it was more my body before I started taking care of myself-b/c I was "supposed to"- I mean what's wrong with sweats? and frizy hair-and WHY do I have to wear makeup?)I just don't know why it's a big deal.

like if you say "you're pretty" i think "Obviously" or I say "I know"- but now my automated response is "thank you" b/c if I don't it's being rude. I'm about to get a sign to hold it up whenever someone bothers me.
When I first saw you, you had like 2 posts and I saw your avatar and I went to your profile and said what I said and welcomed you; little did I know that that's what you seem to talk about a lot, is being attractive, I just call that a coincidence.

Spartacuss

wholly charmed
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
This thread is littered with incorrectly typed - and annoying as all get out - "intp" noobs.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You don't need to meet another one to logically determine they exist.

Not arguing.

Really?
What am I missing? I mean, she's cute enough, but she's not all that.

All I see is a bunch of half-assed excuses. "I'm Aspie "- over diagnosed. "I'm INTP" - ditto. "I'm ADHD" - as well??? "I'm borderline" - Fuck, time to see a shrink.

Maybe she's just obnoxious and that's why she doesn't have a bf? Usually the simplest explanation is the best one.

Could be.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
A reaction of obviously after being told you were attractive could only possibly not be annoying if you were christy turlington or something

When you look like most of the attractive people around its pretty ridiculous isn't it?

Taking into consideration that guys just want to get laid and many have very low expectations. They eg each other on and shit... It's more about them showing off their masculinity to each other then it is about you.

You should know that it is not obvious that you will be attractive to everyone... some people weigh personality over looks... Some people like blondes etc

So more than anything you need a mental shift here.

ajackson17

MBTI Type
INTP
Yes! I would...it's nice if they start off like that. But it also sucks because I get deluded into thinking that they really want to talk and share opinions and then bam! It's 'why don't you call me everyday' and 'what do you mean we're not in a relationship?' Yup, I've been in relationships I wasn't even aware of. :rolleyes:
So basically, I would love to be intellectually stimulated by someone who is understanding, non-manipulative and has no hidden agenda...not likely to happen, I know.

True, if I thought you were attractive and had what I wanted in a person I would consider in a relationship of course I would, but I would put it at your pace but I would like to be friends to get to know you before venturing off in that next phase. For me intellectual pursuits or the love of knowledge is definitely a priority for me in a relationship since most mundane things don't interest me, which was lacking in a lot of relationships I was in and now I'm babbling...:huh:

BeBe

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
True, if I thought you were attractive and had what I wanted in a person I would consider in a relationship of course I would, but I would put it at your pace but I would like to be friends to get to know you before venturing off in that next phase. For me intellectual pursuits or the love of knowledge is definitely a priority for me in a relationship since most mundane things don't interest me, which was lacking in a lot of relationships I was in and now I'm babbling...:huh:

That sounds great and it seems like it's okay for a guy to have that kind of mindset. But when a girl starts talking about wanting to take things slow and needing some distance (like there is no reason for 3 hour conversations every night!) and not needing to constantly reaffirm her feelings, it's wrong and she needs to change.

When I get compliments on my outfits, I get surprised because I don't notice other people's outfits and certainly don't feel the need to compliment them on it so I usually say 'okay' instead of 'thank you,' not realizing that they expect me to give them a similar compliment. It's frustrating because I treat guys the way I would want to be treated and some guys find that intimidating. I guess I can be blunt but if I don't cry over every insensitive thing someone says, they shouldn't complain either. According to a friend of mine (who's a lot like me), we're not there to be their moms, and if they can't take it, they need to get lost. Lol guess I babbled too...

Ism

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
As a HAWT INTP WONAN, I would just like to say that it's easier when you hang out with someone who is single for at least a year, become good friends with them, and let them make the first move!!

It's desperately slow, avoids any potential for rejection, and lets the other person do all the work! Yay!

moonnx

MBTI Type
Intp
I know I'm not attractive to everyone-some people like different types-but thinking about that makes me feel more inferior. Like what's the point of thinking I'm pretty if there is someone else prettier? =/ Like I think I always think it's a joke when I get compliments. And Yes, I would say "okay" or "I know" or nothing at all.

and Lady X- by saying "you look like a normal attractive person" just makes me feel bad about thinking I'm pretty at all- Like saying "you're really not THAT pretty so you need to stop rambling on about it and get a life". I just either feel like the prettiest or the ugliest. But since no one likes me anyway doesn't matter so...

moonnx

MBTI Type
Intp
and I say "obviously" b/c I get compliments like everyday...well if I go outside.