This feels like a Fireshield thread.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INTp

Quote Originally Posted by ajackson17 View Post
    Sounds like you need to date a INT like me , to me that's the best way for great understanding as long as both are developing sensory and judging cognitive functions, you two will be alright!
    Haha yeah I guess I do...if I can find him IRL!

And after reading through all of the OP's posts, it seems to be a lack of having a true identity that has nothing to do with looks. I guess after getting several compliments on how pretty she is, she came to see herself as just a pretty face. And you can go on and on about how you like being intellectual and rational but all that matters is who you really think you are.

It's insecurity; you don't feel like you're good enough or complete, so something as constant as the attention you get appears to fill whatever you think you lack. Now there's no room for you to feel complete through other means.

Not everything is black and white; you need to think in relative terms, which is what a lot of posts are saying. Pretty to you is not pretty to everyone and what you see as excessive attention for your looks might not be so bad to others.

A lot of us have identity issues, regardless of being INTP, but it takes experience and open-mindedness to figure it out. It's frustrating sometimes but when you realize you're someone who doesn't need to be who others think you should be, you'll be happier. It's not easy, and there's a tendency to revert back but you'll get there...eventually.

Glycerine

Seems like the grip of inferior Fe rearing its ugly head.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Usehername View Post
    Why does it seem like most everyone except @Tallulah is being a whiny jerk in this thread?

Be nice, people. Life is tricky to figure out. She's just penduluming back and forth until she finds an accurate perspective. http://xkcd.com/1053/ Give her space and time to arrive. We all need to do that.
    it may not seem like it but....my taking the time to give her advice was me being nice here.
    irl i likely would've just dismissed her as annoying and not bothered.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Glycerine View Post
    Seems like the grip of inferior Fe rearing its ugly head.
    I have to agree with that! She needs to start developing her sensory and extraverted feelings and understand some key things in life, than she'll be more stable. Even knowing your an INTP you have to understand the things you need to work on understand. Do not be too rigid and hard on yourself.

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Socionics
    LII

Why does it seem like most everyone except @Tallulah is being a whiny jerk in this thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    You're pretty illogical for an INTP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartacuss View Post
    This thread is littered with incorrectly typed - and annoying as all get out - "intp" noobs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pseudo View Post
    You don't need to meet another one to logically determine they exist.
    QFT.

MBTI
    Intp

oh- my confidence rides on my attractive ness b/c I dont let people really get passed that. I usually try to do everything. Like I was in college marching band for four years,sorority for two, play drumset and trumpet, english major, and worked part time, took classes at three schools at once, studied abroad. I know that's not that much, but I try to do alot at once to make myself look better than others.the thing is I never try my best in any of it. Like any person that talked to me would think I have like 3.8 gpa but it's barely 3.0 and I've never been on dean's list or anything. I'm just afraid of people notcing me. So I guess since my attraciveness is always there and people bother me about it-you should dress up-it's shame if you don't- I wish I had a body like yours- so I'm like trying o do what I'm "supposed" to do?

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by moonnx View Post
    oh- my confidence rides on my attractive ness b/c I dont let people really get passed that. I usually try to do everything. Like I was in college marching band for four years,sorority for two, play drumset and trumpet, english major, and worked part time, took classes at three schools at once, studied abroad. I know that's not that much, but I try to do alot at once to make myself look better than others.the thing is I never try my best in any of it. Like any person that talked to me would think I have like 3.8 gpa but it's barely 3.0 and I've never been on dean's list or anything. I'm just afraid of people notcing me. So I guess since my attraciveness is always there and people bother me about it-you should dress up-it's shame if you don't- I wish I had a body like yours- so I'm like trying o do what I'm "supposed" to do?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Be nice, people. Life is tricky to figure out. She's just penduluming back and forth until she finds an accurate perspective. http://xkcd.com/1053/ Give her space and time to arrive. We all need to do that.
    This isn't the first time you've missed the subtext of a thread while going into full-on preach mode.
    lol @ being nice to an obvious troll in an obvious flame thread with fake intps (both OP and her other n00b responders).
    Ti (43); Ne (41.8); Te (33.7); Fi (30.5); Ni (27.5); Se (24.7); Si (21.5); Fe (17.3)
    The More You Know the Less You Need. - Aboriginal Saying

MBTI
    Intp

how am I a fake intp? And I hate getting mistaken for a troll-this is an actual problem for me-whether or not you believe it or not. I act like this in real life- I test intj/p every time...so. You don't have to comment you know.