User Tag List

First 678910 Last

MBTI
    Intp

Thanks.

I "resist" because I don't want people to be right b/c it makes me feel like "umm loser, it's very simple...you should know it by now."
    idk why I do it. I just want to justify my worrying I guess.
    And the thing is If I say someone is pretty is prettier than me I'm fine-but if some else says it I get upset.

"It's all relative... No one is ever the prettiest to any one person.

And to have your self concept defined by that seems very non intp of you"- I'm not sure what this means.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

that should've said no one person is ever the prettiest to everyone....eye of the beholder n stuff

and the fact that your confidence rides on your attractiveness is very un intp
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by BeBe View Post
    That sounds great and it seems like it's okay for a guy to have that kind of mindset. But when a girl starts talking about wanting to take things slow and needing some distance (like there is no reason for 3 hour conversations every night!) and not needing to constantly reaffirm her feelings, it's wrong and she needs to change.

When I get compliments on my outfits, I get surprised because I don't notice other people's outfits and certainly don't feel the need to compliment them on it so I usually say 'okay' instead of 'thank you,' not realizing that they expect me to give them a similar compliment. It's frustrating because I treat guys the way I would want to be treated and some guys find that intimidating. I guess I can be blunt but if I don't cry over every insensitive thing someone says, they shouldn't complain either. According to a friend of mine (who's a lot like me), we're not there to be their moms, and if they can't take it, they need to get lost. Lol guess I babbled too...
    Sounds like you need to date a INT like me , to me that's the best way for great understanding as long as both are developing sensory and judging cognitive functions, you two will be alright!

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Pseudo View Post
    reeeeeeaaallllly? Every day?

EDIT: you just added that bit about christy turlington. That attitude is what comes across as self centered and obnoxious. It's not going to attract people.
    With black guys, yeah I can believe that everyday part, but she doing the INTP whining.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by ajackson17 View Post
    With black guys, yeah I can believe that everyday part, but she doing the INTP whining.
    I've experienced that black men can be more expressive when it comes to this sort of thing but I still don't believe that she encounters cat calling everyday or has people banging on her windows.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Pseudo View Post
    I've experienced that black men can be more expressive when it comes to this sort of thing but I still don't believe that she encounters cat calling everyday or has people banging on her windows.
    Lol, yeah she just INTP whining a bad quality to have. She just need to chill out and just developed skills to deal with that she is going to always have men try to talk to her.

As Long As It Takes.... Redbone's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by moonnx View Post
    Thanks.

And to have your self concept defined by that seems very non intp of you"- I'm not sure what this means.
    Because most INTPs don't give a shit about the opinion of others. It may be considered as data for a hot minute and then dismissed as "irrelevant".

I've read this thread and wondering what is it that you want to know? Most people have some difficulty in dating. Many NTs and NFs (hell everyone at some point!) are going to have difficulty doing the 'dating scene'. You don't have to meet people this way.

And why worry if someone doesn't like you as you are? They are free to not like you but it's sure as hell beats putting on a facade and then getting dumped when the shiny coating eventually falls off. You are free to just be yourself.
    Last edited by Redbone; 09-12-2012 at 05:01 AM. Reason: grrrr

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

I know I'm not attractive to everyone-some people like different types-but thinking about that makes me feel more inferior. Like what's the point of thinking I'm pretty if there is someone else prettier? =/ Like I think I always think it's a joke when I get compliments. And Yes, I would say "okay" or "I know" or nothing at all.
    You're pretty illogical for an INTP.

and Lady X- by saying "you look like a normal attractive person" just makes me feel bad about thinking I'm pretty at all- Like saying "you're really not THAT pretty so you need to stop rambling on about it and get a life". I just either feel like the prettiest or the ugliest. But since no one likes me anyway doesn't matter so...

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Why does it seem like most everyone except @Tallulah is being a whiny jerk in this thread?

Be nice, people. Life is tricky to figure out. She's just penduluming back and forth until she finds an accurate perspective. http://xkcd.com/1053/ Give her space and time to arrive. We all need to do that.
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Usehername View Post
    Why does it seem like most everyone except Tallulah is being a whiny jerk in this thread?
    Tough love, honey.