User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    Intp

yeah I agree- the thing is. I hate saying I really pretty- (guys yell at windows saying I;m hot everyday- and sexy- it gets annoying b/c I'm not even trying to look attractive- wearing normal clothes- I don't like to show clevedge usually...) b/c if you say that other girls don't like you. But If I say I'm ugly/loser girls will be like "no you're not you're pretty" So it's like either I'm confident and offending everyone or I'm not and depressed. ANd I hate when people think I'm complaining bragging- like they're are tons of people that want to be pretty embrace it. And also the minute a girl calls herself pretty people are like- don't be conceited your not that good looking. So I end up not saying anything in order to not offend anyone. As a result I'm around girls I can't relate to-feelers that have no interests or are extremely busy. I prob relate to guys more but I'm too uncomfortable to make friends with them. I always assume they like me somehow. Man, if they don't something's wrong. 9/10 do. You some guys don't like mixed/short/black girls so whatever. This is just my observation. The thing is I need to find other awkard pretty girls b/c my friends are like umm...they can't relate- they've never had guys drool after them. Or maybe I just watch for it whereever I go. Like I see a black guy- I tense up- he's gonna look at me and if it;s a party and they're mostly whites try to talk to me-first thing out of his mouth- what's your nationaluty. American. "no like where are you from?". America. My mom's descended from slaves and my dad's german/english family last came over here in the 1600/1700s. (ok so it's really african guys that say this...or carribean). But yea- so annoying.
    @jointherobot : I had my first kiss with a random guy- then hooked up with two other guys. Not one of them liked me- I just did it b/c u know I'm pretty so I'm supposed to? Just like the question on personality tests- I would rather read a book than party- but pretty girls party so... Also all your comments seem kinda dismissive like it'll happen eventually and I'm stressing for no reason. Well try having 4 sisters that are all attractive and smart have boyfriends and not have one.

MBTI
    Intp

sry ramble alot- I just agreeing with the post above me. A girl told me that in my avatar pic I looked hot ( i did used to have braces, glasses and hairy eyebrows- bad hairdo-yet guys still were after me-they claimed I was sexy- umm idk ). So it's like yeah- I walk into a room and usually get unwanted attention. And I know I should socialize more (other poster) but it's exhausting for me. I'm usually online. Forced myself to go to college parties...some were fun but i never meet anyone like me. It doesn't help that I was in band either.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

You should be confident and know that you're attractive. It's annoying and inauthentic to say otherwise but it's also off putting to go on about it like you are.

I mean I've read maybe 4 of your 7 posts and they're all saying it.

My point is just that any attractive person has to learn to deal with the way people respond to them and so do you.

It's just the way it is. Don't let it effect you and don't behave however you think people are supposed to behave. Be nerdy if that's who you are. Don't go party all the time of you don't like to.

Good luck with the dating thing tho you're just going to have to develop your bs detector.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

To the OP, from what I've read, you are very inexperienced with the opposite sex. I think you are taking these forms of attention too seriously, if that makes sense. Which is why you are afraid to jump in and take some chances. Guys flirt, catcall, it's what they do. Don't mistake attention with intent. Lighten up on the instant judgements and be open to getting more info. You'll be surprised - you may be wrong about someone - just like you are defensive, others usually have similar mechanisms.
    ~luck favors the ready~

Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance

Permabanned

Problem with pretty girls is that alot of them put up a shield right away so alot of normal guys have problems communicating off the bat with them.the shield is there because it protects herself from scumbags who just want to get in her pants. The best thing to do is to not cast judgments right away when being approached.also if you look like a victum you will be a victum watch your posture and body language stand tall and speak with confidence you will ween off alot of idiots this way.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    You should be confident and know that you're attractive. It's annoying and inauthentic to say otherwise but it's also off putting to go on about it like you are.

I mean I've read maybe 4 of your 7 posts and they're all saying it.

My point is just that any attractive person has to learn to deal with the way people respond to them and so do you.

It's just the way it is. Don't let it effect you and don't behave however you think people are supposed to behave. Be nerdy if that's who you are. Don't go party all the time of you don't like to.

Good luck with the dating thing tho you're just going to have to develop your bs detector.

Agreed. I have similar experience to hers. I've been told I'm attractive but I have no people skills. I'm also half black and I know what she means about some black guys being very into that. But I also still don't buy that people are knocking on her windows everyday to tell her she's sexy. (who knows though, maybe she has X-men level next generation pheromones)

@moonx If you're all dressed up people expect you to be a certain way (socially adept, not quite so analytical, flirty) bubbly, flirty, normal.

For me outside there is a young, not too hideous woman, Inside there is this:

The only way I know to deal with it is to let my outsides match my insides. I'm grungy weirdo and if i dress accordingly most of the time I don't get people approaching me with the idea that I'm a very girly socialite. But If you like getting dressed up everyday my advice would be this: Be yourself from the get go. Talk about analytical stuff, be your INTP self. If starts cat calling I'll respond to them.

A:"Hey girl"
    B: "Hello"

A: "What you doing tonight?"
    B: "I'm walking down this street with my friends"

A:"can I talk to you for a second?"
    B"Sure, what about"

Super literal. The dumb ones will no know what to say or just repeat what they said before. Every so often you meet someone who has something interesting to reply.
    Attached Images Attached Images

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

I don't know maybe it's more rare to be pretty in certain parts of the world but where I'm from they're all over the place.

There's nothing inherently special about it. It just means maybe you have an easier time attracting people to you but if you're interested in actually finding someone you connect with you're going to need to figure out how to move beyond that.

So find what feels natural to deflect it.

If someone's being disrespectful tell them. Tell them to talk to you like an actual person or fuck off. Or tell them the chimp act doesn't really do it for you.

Whatever you need to do but don't let it interfere with your relationships with people. It's not such a big deal really.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INTP

Lol, yeah a lot of pretty women do put up shields to protect themselves and its even harder when women see me as a typical man or black guy or whatever social construct they want to identify with me and than realize I'm incredibly nerdy and very eccentric. On the other side it is a war zone and you constantly thinking if you want to really pursue this and the cost, etc. It's a part of life and you should go forth, because you'll never know what you are missing. The best way to see if you want to be with someone is just be yourself because those who like you for who you truly are and interested in your immense inner world will make that known and show.

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp

Yeah, just chill the fuck out and have fun. Also, learn to dance.
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.

MBTI
    Intp

ok...I'm a great dancer (I love dancing-to any kind of music!)- but once I start dancing I get people trying to grind on me =/ Also, I do act nerdy and what not but sometimes guys are like-umm it would be so much better if you weren't weird. Also, when I act like myself I get along with people and everything and I do find guys but they don't approach me. When I don't party, no one tries to talk to me. I'm was in marching band for 4 years, and the guys that like me start talking to me and then get nervous and stop talking to me.

I like to dress more in sweat pants and whatever- my sisters get mad at me because "I don't do anything with myself". My family is like you're pretty you'll find a guy- you gotta talk to them- frustrating.

I know when people are not genuine- it seems like all the guys that actually talk to me are. One of my sisters claims I have aspergers so I interpret things very differently. Like I don't know how to accept compliments or even have a conversation- just my stream of consciousness going on and on (that's how I talk- very fast and continous) =/

And the reason why I keep repeating myself is that I think I phrased it wrong and that people aren't understanding me. Also, I want to make sure that people believe me. I have a hard time being concise b/c I think people will interpret it wrong.