User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp

Default Can somebody -please- explain dominant Ne to me?

I know that it's the reason we ENTPs are a pack of awesome, thread-jacking, tangential lunatics, but I don't really know anything else about it. ....How does it work? I've never been able to find an answer that clicked in my brain.

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

It's the part of you that asks "why?"

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    2 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by onemoretime View Post
    It's the part of you that asks "why?"
    That might be Ti.

The dom function is not something you DO but something you ARE most of the time.

You prolly notice it better in moments when you try NOT to be like that and struggle.

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp

Ne is remixes of lights, color, sound, and tactile sensation
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Istbkleta View Post
    That might be Ti.

The dom function is not something you DO but something you ARE most of the time.

You prolly notice it better in moments when you try NOT to be like that and struggle.
    I'm aware.

Ti is more about "why it's most likely not that."

WALMART

It's about building as accurate a worldview as possible.

@Mane recently described it as sending forth 'empty vassals' that are primed for nothing but filling - of thought, experience, action, sensory... yadda yadda.

Ne rocks, though I seem to find people who really, really dislike it.

An example of Ne use: me and my sister were cooking stuffed belpeppers. She placed one close to the end of the tray in the stove. We went outside, when we came back in the oven was smoking. Immediately I understood cheese flowed over the side and was burning at the bottom of the oven.

It's what makes us good problem solvers, the ability to perceive events in our environment and react with statistical probability to resolve said situation.

It's also what gets us in trouble, broad BROAD assumptions of things.

Unapologetic being Evolving Transparency's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

An example of Ne use: me and my sister were cooking stuffed belpeppers. She placed one close to the end of the tray in the stove. We went outside, when we came back in the oven was smoking. Immediately I understood cheese flowed over the side and was burning at the bottom of the oven.
    Oh the wonders of intuition i feel like i do that kind of stuff alot
    "Once the game is over, the Pawn and the King go back into the same box"

Freedom isn't free.
    "Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear." ~ Orwell
    I'm that person that embodies pretty much everything that you hate. Might as well get used to it.
    Unapologetically bonding in an uninhibited, propelled manner
    10w12

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

It is the part of you that fills in the gaps..that ties one piece of information to another, because you see a pattern developing. Often, when you then backtrack, you'll see all the missing pieces in between and can logically explain the pattern. But that first gut reaction and the instant recognition of what is going on...that is Ne.

You will also use it to notice patterns that you havent figured out before yet. Things that make you go 'huh...why does it do that?' while everyone around you is going 'do what?? What are you on about?' Once you notice all the pieces, you'll put it together pretty fast and will recognise it instantly if it occurs again in the future. This can be applied to real life situations, but more often than not, is applied to more abstract concepts. (For instance, as an ENFP, I get accused of mindreading, when all I really do is study the behavioral patterns of a certain person, and for taht matter a certain type of person, in order to predict their mental, emotional and physical state at all times. It can result in me saying something to them that they need to hear before they were able to say so, or before they even realise that they need to hear it).
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

It's rapid connection. Linking. This to this to this to this to this, expanding outwards. It's what makes your thoughts go from the color blue to quantum physics to astrology to scientology to utah to salt to the ocean to the color blue. It what makes your mind so fast and your attention so short.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

it's the constant seeking of information...

the drive to solve problems...sifting through the multitude of possibilities to find the right fit.

but if it doesn't fit...tis okay...great even...ne gets to work more! challenging yay!! scramble scramble spit
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison