User Tag List

First 3456 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

Yes someone can explain, and you'll get explanation upon explanation upon explanation..... whether Ne is actually explainable or not though is somewhat debateable

But that's okay, you get answer after question after experience after more questions and it weaves into a great web of its potential. Or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by onemoretime View Post
    Someone told me the secret of dominant Ne yesterday. It was funny, because afterwards, I understood why I could never put words to it.

Think of reality as a waveform. You have crests and you have troughs. Where it crests, you have matter and material things. Where it troughs, you have emptiness. In both the crests and the troughs you have existence, for the emptiness is defined by a lack of matter, but the matter only has meaning in that it is not empty.

Sensing focuses its perception on matter and energy. It orients toward the crests of existence.
    Intuition focuses its perception on emptiness and space. It orients toward the troughs of existence.

Extraverted intuition particularly focuses on the near-limitless emptiness throughout our external world. As a dominant function, it embraces this emptiness as the source of pure potential. Imagination and abstraction provide means of filling the emptiness and harnessing the power of creation. The drive is to take what is on the crests and fill the troughs with enough so that there is balance and harmony in the universe.

That's the secret he told me. Se focuses on what's there. Ne focuses on what's not there.
    This is actually pretty darn good.

Also that greenlightwiki is pretty awesome at having multiple encompassing definitions with universal accuracy.

MBTI
    INFP

I would but you'll switch to another tab before I finish this sen

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    471 sx/sp

Dominant Ne is characterized by brainstorming and a focus on "what ifs"... basically, never being satisfied with what's immediately visible but always striving for new possibilities.

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp

I tihnk it aslo has to do wtih itnerpertaiton of cencotps lkie in tihs exmalpe of reraregnemnet of letrtes wilhe laevnig the frist and lsat the smae sitll alolws msot to gasrp its maennig
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

That's a good analogy

Except everyone can do that right... Or maybe that's what you're saying.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp

Yeah, I don't think the functions are as exclusive as we like to imagine.
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

It's just like being a sponge for lots of stuff and having multiple threads going at once in your brain. The spider web analogy always worked fine for me. Some of the descriptions here don't resonate very well at all, I've got Fi though, it's just like this unconscious stream of info and the judgement for me tends to be "good or bad" instead of real in depth thought about it.
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

Vanilla icecream brings in the color pink, but pink brings in unicorns, and unicorns bring in the wildbeasts, and wildbeasts bring in the monsters and criters of the devil, and then it all turns red and hellish, with red hot fiery landscapes consumed by engulfing flames and the view fades out like the zoom in google earth, as depicted in the final scene of MIB, until yo realize life is just one big game of marbles, and chocklit doesn't substitute the raw ingredients needed for a balanced existence, hence perks are just an alluring trap for prospective job seekers, even if you were just temporarily entertaining the idea of answering a thread on typology.
    To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4

I'll find interesting and pick up on all sorts of bits of information. Ne can appear worldly without any sort of depth if not recognize for its desire for novel ideas of the possibility to make oneself and the world better.

MBTI
    INFJ

I always found this video, of Robin Williams explaining (demonstrating?) how his brain works as a particularly fascinating insight into (a frankly, superhyperactive) Ne. (Particularly about 3:00 onwards.) He takes a single object, and you can just about see how his mind goes, "Ooh, well this could be like this. Or this. Or what about this!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IL2Iv-kbc68