User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

Someone told me the secret of dominant Ne yesterday. It was funny, because afterwards, I understood why I could never put words to it.

Think of reality as a waveform. You have crests and you have troughs. Where it crests, you have matter and material things. Where it troughs, you have emptiness. In both the crests and the troughs you have existence, for the emptiness is defined by a lack of matter, but the matter only has meaning in that it is not empty.

Sensing focuses its perception on matter and energy. It orients toward the crests of existence.
    Intuition focuses its perception on emptiness and space. It orients toward the troughs of existence.

Extraverted intuition particularly focuses on the near-limitless emptiness throughout our external world. As a dominant function, it embraces this emptiness as the source of pure potential. Imagination and abstraction provide means of filling the emptiness and harnessing the power of creation. The drive is to take what is on the crests and fill the troughs with enough so that there is balance and harmony in the universe.

That's the secret he told me. Se focuses on what's there. Ne focuses on what's not there.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

It's the function that goes "ping!"

(and then ping ping)
    (and then ping ping ping)
    (and then ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping)
    (and then ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping)
    (and then ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping)
    (and then ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping)
    (and then ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping)
    (and then ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping)

And so forth.

It is the microwave popcorn of Jung function analysis, on a more intangible level (connection level) vs Se.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by onemoretime View Post
    Someone told me the secret of dominant Ne yesterday. It was funny, because afterwards, I understood why I could never put words to it.

Think of reality as a waveform. You have crests and you have troughs. Where it crests, you have matter and material things. Where it troughs, you have emptiness. In both the crests and the troughs you have existence, for the emptiness is defined by a lack of matter, but the matter only has meaning in that it is not empty.

Sensing focuses its perception on matter and energy. It orients toward the crests of existence.
    Intuition focuses its perception on emptiness and space. It orients toward the troughs of existence.

Extraverted intuition particularly focuses on the near-limitless emptiness throughout our external world. As a dominant function, it embraces this emptiness as the source of pure potential. Imagination and abstraction provide means of filling the emptiness and harnessing the power of creation. The drive is to take what is on the crests and fill the troughs with enough so that there is balance and harmony in the universe.

That's the secret he told me. Se focuses on what's there. Ne focuses on what's not there.
    Thats prolly the explanation of why I am so cool; 99% of my brain deal with emptiness 24/7
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    953 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    It is the microwave popcorn of Jung function analysis, on a more intangible level (connection level) vs Se.
    I was wondering what that burnt popcorn smell was. Now I know to blame it on my gf's Ne.
    An argument is two people sharing their ignorance.

A discussion is two people sharing their understanding, even when they disagree.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by uumlau View Post
    I was wondering what that burnt popcorn smell was. Now I know to blame it on my gf's Ne.
    Errr...*burnt* popcorn is most likely due to your inferior Se
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    N/A

Ne is "abstract". Non-physical. Non-sensational. Idea form. Si is also "abstract" in a sense. And Ni. Se is the only non-abstract out of the four perception functions.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp

@theWurdsmith

The Greenlight wiki is a great resource for understanding the various functions. They have a variety of explanations of Ne that you might check out here.

Ne always ranks fairly highly on my function preferences, and I frequently typed ENTP when I was younger. I've always visualized Ne/Si in Ne-doms as something like a web. Si supplies the nodes (data) in the network, and Ne works on formulating the connections between these nodes.

ENPs that I know are fairly high bandwith--they collect large volumes of information--and use intuition to identify analogous constructs across the information that they have. So to an outside observer the connections they form may seem random, but it may be simply because that observer lacks the data to understand the parallel that's being formed.

The lateral movement across their info grid seems to be what really drives Ne/Si. They want to have as complete a picture of the "terrain" as possible, and find a great deal of joy in expanding their map through exploration and inquiry. It can be frustrating for other types dealing with Ne-doms because the mapping process is a project without any real edges to it, it's a process of collection that can potentially go on forever without conclusion or commitment. Everything leads to something else, which leads to another thing, without the necessary information of all things to be able to definitely say anything is really, well, anything. Everything is just a whirl of potentials in need of greater context.

The last observation I have of the ENP crowd is a strong bent towards perfectionism. While the Pe dominance can make them seem a bit all over the place, Ji seems to give them an inner rigidity that you have to pay attention to catch. The mapping process always seems to be with the end of finding The Ultimate, and they can be fairly uncompromising about settling for anything else. This quest for perfection couples with the need for maximum autonomy for movement across their grid to create a dynamic where they are constantly generating new possibilities while comparing old ones. I think this expand and review process creates the "pinging" effect that others in this thread have described. Ji also contributes to the "ping" effect because it causes them to observe the nuances of each data point, and want to maintain each one's integrity (as compared to JePi/PiJe which seeks optimization through more of a stripping and melding process). Ji's attention to these fine distinctions between points aids in Ne's development of novel parallels.

Anyways. That's my understanding of how ENPs function. As someone with a preference for Ni, I can say that what I appreciate the most about ENPs is that they're capable of showing you the side exit when you're too deep down the rabbit hole.
    And so long as you haven’t experienced this: to die and so to grow,
    you are only a troubled guest on the dark earth

WALMART

Quote Originally Posted by Wind-Up Rex View Post
    @theWurdsmith

The Greenlight wiki is a great resource for understanding the various functions. They have a variety of explanations of Ne that you might check out here.

Ne always ranks fairly highly on my function preferences, and I frequently typed ENTP when I was younger. I've always visualized Ne/Si in Ne-doms as something like a web. Si supplies the nodes (data) in the network, and Ne works on formulating the connections between these nodes.

That explains why I can never do anything right my first time, I feel like an infant when approached with something entirely unlike I've ever handled. All I can do is attempt to recall on things I don't have and it sends me for a loop. Interesting to have factual basis for the condition, cause I've thought about it an awful lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Wind-Up Rex View Post
    ENPs that I know are fairly high bandwith--they collect large volumes of information--and use intuition to identify analogous constructs across the information that they have. So to an outside observer the connections they form may seem random, but it may be simply because that observer lacks the data to understand the parallel that's being formed.

The lateral movement across their info grid seems to be what really drives Ne/Si. They want to have as complete a picture of the "terrain" as possible, and find a great deal of joy in expanding their map through exploration and inquiry. It can be frustrating for other types dealing with Ne-doms because the mapping process is a project without any real edges to it, it's a process of collection that can potentially go on forever without conclusion or commitment. Everything leads to something else, which leads to another thing, without the necessary information of all things to be able to definitely say anything is really, well, anything. Everything is just a whirl of potentials in need of greater context.

The last observation I have of the ENP crowd is a strong bent towards perfectionism. While the Pe dominance can make them seem a bit all over the place, Ji seems to give them an inner rigidity that you have to pay attention to catch. The mapping process always seems to be with the end of finding The Ultimate, and they can be fairly uncompromising about settling for anything else. This quest for perfection couples with the need for maximum autonomy for movement across their grid to create a dynamic where they are constantly generating new possibilities while comparing old ones. I think this expand and review process creates the "pinging" effect that others in this thread have described. Ji also contributes to the "ping" effect because it causes them to observe the nuances of each data point, and want to maintain each one's integrity (as compared to JePi/PiJe which seeks optimization through more of a stripping and melding process). Ji's attention to these fine distinctions between points aids in Ne's development of novel parallels.

Anyways. That's my understanding of how ENPs function. As someone with a preference for Ni, I can say that what I appreciate the most about ENPs is that they're capable of showing you the side exit when you're too deep down the rabbit hole.

Thread win. I feel like I could study this all day. Thanks.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

(and then ping ping)
    (and then ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping)
    (and then ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping)
    (and then ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping)
    (and then ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping)
    (and then ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping ping)

And so forth.

Jennifer I just totally imagined you ( or the girl in your avatar) with a metal bucket on her head cling clanging her head on stuff all over the place.

Thanks for that. Haha it was quite amusing
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

(and then ping ping)

And so forth.

Jennifer I just totally imagined you ( or the girl in your avatar) with a metal bucket on her head cling clanging her head on stuff all over the place.

Thanks for that. Haha it was quite amusing
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison