User Tag List

First 123 Last

I dunno.

On my days off from work and school I'm usually in the park reading. Right now it's the Song of Ice and Fire books, but typically it's nonfiction science books (or textbooks). I'm hanging with my friends at night either at their house or at a pub or while listening to live music.

I bike a lot and go to the gym 4 days a week. Uhhh I play video games. More in the winter, though, cause there's less to do outside. I like swing and contra dancing so I do that on the weekends when they've got a dance going on. Also if there's some kind of symposium/conference/special lecture going on on campus that I'm particularly interested in I'm SO there. Usually it's stuff to do with science, space, tech, etc.

Ya know...stuff and things!

Unapologetic being Evolving Transparency's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

I play video games and i used to go to tournaments. I even used to have parties for it ha ha ...still never met them though
    I find it harder to pick up someone's type by just talking to them when playign video games
    maybe i should go work at an airport ha ha

Quote Originally Posted by theWurdsmith View Post
    Would you believe me if I said I've met the majority of my INTJs working at a little local art supply store? It is this amazing little haven for some of the rarer types, we have INFPS, INTJs (the boss, and two coworkers), and three ENTPs (myself included). Also where I tutor remedial college math, we have a glut of NTs (edit: working there), how surprising.
    That is surprising, maybe i need to go to an art supply store ha ha!
    "Once the game is over, the Pawn and the King go back into the same box"

Freedom isn't free.
    "Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear." ~ Orwell
    I'm that person that embodies pretty much everything that you hate. Might as well get used to it.
    Unapologetically bonding in an uninhibited, propelled manner
    10w12

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w2

Art supply store or hardware store it is all the same to me. Mornings you will find me reading in a quiet corner with a cup of coffee before going for my daily run. Running helps me plan my next project. I have it mentally mapped before heading to the hardware store to pick up materials. A quick lunch, then hours in the studio with saws, nail gun, hammer drill, sewing machine, brushes, etc. If I imagine it, I can build it.

Never thought about it until now, but I go days/weeks without seeing a soul. Never dreamed anyone would be curious as to my whereabouts.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Working On It View Post
    Art supply store or hardware store it is all the same to me. Mornings you will find me reading in a quiet corner with a cup of coffee before going for my daily run. Running helps me plan my next project. I have it mentally mapped before heading to the hardware store to pick up materials. A quick lunch, then hours in the studio with saws, nail gun, hammer drill, sewing machine, brushes, etc. If I imagine it, I can build it.

Never thought about it until now, but I go days/weeks without seeing a soul. Never dreamed anyone would be curious as to my whereabouts.
    aww yes!

I will have to go to random hardware stores...those are more down my alley than random art supply stores lol...

Freedom isn't free.
    I'm that person that embodies pretty much everything that you hate. Might as well get used to it.
    10w12

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

If someone beats you at a game of chess without it even being a contest odds are the person you played is an ENTP or an INTJ as those types excell at strategy games.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    Try LinkedIn, look for Engineering, CEOs, HR, Innovator functions, Finance and Business Majors, etc. They are your fellow NTs. They too are trying to take over the world ya know.

Oh and geeky forums and videogame communities. Thats where they prep to take over the world
    No, that is what the lab is for. Model, simulate, test, refine, test, deploy. And coffee. Seriously, you will find lots of NTs in the sciences as well as engineering. I tend to think of the ENTs more as the business people and entrepreneurs (ENTPs are great innovation generators); some INTJs as well, but fewer INTPs.

In any case, this INTJ is usually at the lab (work), at home, procuring items for projects (see below), or on the occasional gig.

Quote Originally Posted by theWurdsmith View Post
    Would you believe me if I said I've met the majority of my INTJs working at a little local art supply store? It is this amazing little haven for some of the rarer types, we have INFPS, INTJs (the boss, and two coworkers), and three ENTPs (myself included). Also where I tutor remedial college math, we have a glut of NTs (edit: working there), how surprising.

I'd have to say my major (comp sci) is choc full of INTJ's among other things. I met my ENTJ boyfriend doing revwar reenacting, and we travel like crazy so I agree with "airports".

"INTJs are rampant in universities. I have hardly met any ENTPs myself. They don't particularly even like us in the educational environment." <----- this. ...this is good to hear from another ENTP. I know I am smart, but I never felt like I ever particularly belonged in school environments. Interesting.
    Yes to all.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    If someone beats you at a game of chess without it even being a contest odds are the person you played is an ENTP or an INTJ as those types excell at strategy games.
    That's right! Iforgot about this... I LOVE CHESS ! yay!!!! woohoo!

Freedom isn't free.
    10w12

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx

At some bird-filled place birding/photo-ing/banding, scouring used bookstores for field guides and reference books, reading said field guides, browsing used clothing stores and art stores for costume ideas/supplies, at home drawing/painting/watching anime/identifying birds for people, on the computer in a Wikipedia or TV Tropes vortex...

MBTI
    INtP
    Enneagram
    1w9

Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    The best chess player I know is an INFJ, and I (an INTP) am pretty awful at chess. I'm sure there are plenty of INTJs who are great at it, but I've never knowingly played one. Considering the whole pattern-recognition thing, I wonder whether S's would be good at chess too?

Then again, it might not be a type-correlated thing -- I heard that spatial skills are inversely-correlated with chess-playing abilities. /tangent

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sx/sp

For me: Music concerts, online, coffee shops, book stores, computer stores, movie theaters, museums, parks, music stores, guitar center, jazz clubs, sometimes bars with friends, but I don't drink, I do a lot of walking, jogging, hiking... people drain me, so I don't get out everyday.