User Tag List

View Poll Results: Most social IxTx type?

Voters
58. You may not vote on this poll
  • ISTP

27 46.55%
  • ISTJ

18 31.03%
  • INTP

8 13.79%
  • INTJ

2 3.45%
  • not sure but want to vote anyway

3 5.17%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Most social IxTx type

Banned Array
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Quote Originally Posted by Spin View Post
    ISTP = ???
    ISTP in my experience is the most wide ranging of all the types because on one hand you have the Han Solo type who is an adventurous and hedonistic daredevil and on the other hand you have the cold and calculating Boba Fett type of ISTP who is the complete and total definition of a social reject and nerd so you are right about ISTP being a big question mark as I agree that of all the types ISTP is the hardest to understand.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

depends on the person and different types might be social in bit different ways, for example ISTP might be more about doing team sports with pretty much anybody etc and INTP might be more joke around and have fun or talk deep intellectual stuff with close friends. so INTP might be more intense(more and deeper socializing packed in small package), while ISTP might be more superficial and but more quantity of social stuff, kinda hard to explain, you know, you can put many layers of paint in small area or spread it in wider area, still the amount of paint is equal. but this is just an example and im not saying that ISTPs dont have deep meaningful discussion with close friends, just saying that they might on average prefer different types of socializing.

i think ITPs tend to be on average bit more social than ITJs
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

Riva

Does it not come down to the instinctual variant? And how does one define social and is everyone here adhering to the same definition? So/Sx types or whatever MBTI type would be the most likely to be social.

It always refers to the interaction of organisms with other organisms and to their collective co-existence
    By going by the above mentioned definition ISTPs will top the interaction with other organisms whereas IxTJ < ISTJ will top the interactions with other organisms to their collective co-existence.

I'm shocked to see that INTPs have gotten more votes than INTJs. Infact INTJs haven't got any votes at all. INTPs are known as the mental-masturbators not the social butterflies. I can see @INTP above me so I'm probably getting myself in to a bare knuckle fist fight within a few minutes.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post
    INTPs are known as the mental-masturbators not the social butterflies.
    mental group masturbation ftw
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

.~ *aĉa virino* ~. Array Totenkindly's Avatar
    MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post
    Does it not come down to the instinctual variant? And how does one define social and is everyone here adhering to the same definition? So/Sx types or whatever MBTI type would be the most likely to be social.

By going by the above mentioned definition ISTPs will top the interaction with other organisms
    I would tend to see ISTPs as either strong Self-Pres (typically) or maybe SP/SO.
    ITJ to me tends to go in either direction.
    There's a humanitarian streak with some INTPs -- we might be detached on some kind of personal level, but there can more easily be a big connection to some overall collective (e.g., humanity).

srsly, though, it just depends on the situation and what one considers "warm."

I'm shocked to see that INTPs have gotten more votes than INTJs.
    Why? The fact is that we are wonderful.

*cough*

Infact INTJs haven't got any votes at all.
    Have you hung out at INTJForum at all? Go there, then come back in 5 minutes and let me know. (Meanwhile, hang out at INTPf or INTPc for a short time, and see the difference.)

Both are anti-people, but in their own ways.

INTPs are known as the mental-masturbators not the social butterflies.
    If you (1) get us on the right topic or (2) do social things that seem kind of experimental/curiously fun, then you can usually count on us to engage, and when we do engage in pursuit of an idea, we can get really extroverted.

The "P" flex thing too should not be understated. I think it's primary difference that ITP might come off warmer than ITJ. While ITJ can be warm, it's a different sort of warmth. But it just matters on what one considers socially invited; there's still a detach with INTP that can project aloofness.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    I voted INTP because ISTP is not verbose, INTJ is too independent, and ISTJ is too private rendering INTP the most sociable of all the alternatives. It kinda makes sense if you think about which ExFx type is the most sociable, that type proably being ENFP so INTP is the closest IxTx to that type.

edit - I just noticed that this was posted in the NT Rationale section. That seems to be a bit biased against the ISTXs!
    You honestly think enfp is the most social exfx type!!??
    Have you met esfj!?

I'm going to go with the cop out answer of it depends because I think that's the most accurate... But I voted istj just based on personal experience.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INtP
    Enneagram
    1w9

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    mental group masturbation ftw
    INTPs definitely do this! You might have said it as a joke, but it's so true of my INTP friend and myself. My roommate does plenty of it too, but she's either an ENFJ or ENFP, so take that as you will.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Banned Array
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    AVC

I tend to want to be social around one person or a few people, but that could be sx/so.

Banned Array
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Oh dang INTJ is by far the most social IxTx type!

Here's why:
    They are obsessed with world domination which involves interacting with hordes of people.
    They are the closest IxTx type to ENFJs and sheesh ENFJs can't shut up and they are uber obsessed with managing the masses and imposing their stupid high minded social ideals.
    INTJs are high achievers which involves improving your position in relation to the social heirarchy.

Based on the above info, I think I made a convincing case for INTJs being the most social IxTx type.

Feel free to provide counter-arguments as you wish. I love a good fight!

WALMART

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    depends on the person and different types might be social in bit different ways, for example ISTP might be more about doing team sports with pretty much anybody etc and INTP might be more joke around and have fun or talk deep intellectual stuff with close friends. so INTP might be more intense(more and deeper socializing packed in small package), while ISTP might be more superficial and but more quantity of social stuff, kinda hard to explain, you know, you can put many layers of paint in small area or spread it in wider area, still the amount of paint is equal. but this is just an example and im not saying that ISTPs dont have deep meaningful discussion with close friends, just saying that they might on average prefer different types of socializing.
    i think ITPs tend to be on average bit more social than ITJs

Less talk more rock.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast