User Tag List

First 45678 Last

Thread: INTP + INFJ

The INTPs I know are infatuated with my xNFJ friends.

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

How do you know it's not love?
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

Senior Member the state i am in's Avatar
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

a few things.

ntps are probably the easiest to communicate with. but not necessarily to build agreements and advance them. which feels like a necessity for commitment.

meanwhile, i think infjs, and i know i am, can be super fucking ambiguous. like the most ambiguous of all. and part of it is that, for me, i'm making decisions on the wrong scale much of the time (one reason i am so drawn toward ntps, as they help me correct this and, when trustworthy, provide a sense of actuality that makes infjs feel safe and complete. because ntps know how to test shit). it makes collaboration, a really high ideal for me, so natural and effortless and nearby. as a result, i am generally quite willing to learn their language so that i can meet them in their own understanding too. this is a big part of the nfj skill set.

as for protocols in romance games, i sympathize. it's not really a formulaic process as much as it is a game. you have to test others. and you're testing them based on your ideas of what you want and not JUST how they act, the effects that they produce within you (which annoys many p types, but it's how we know where we are going, and we have to trust that because it's how we are who we are). the socionics romance styles did a really good job for me of elucidating some of the annoying push/pull games i will tend to play.

i think the other piece of the puzzle is that we don't want to hurt anyone, and sometimes that can be more irritating than it is worth because we take too many precautions and avoid too many things which can lead to the aforementioned ambiguity and feeling of being led on. at the same time, we generally have some good ideas of what we're looking for, and sometimes we will skip a lot of the steps because we fucking KNOW. but that's contingent on a lot of life factors that are outside of the realm of just how you and i relate. which comes from maturity that was gained through experience or through accepting conditions of adulthood and making strong clear choices about what you want in life come what may. if those aren't in place, it is difficult to imagine how we could be in that just knowing state. it's possible 9w1s are better at this than other infj types. 4s and 5s make you work for it. they are more likely to experience their feelings as traps and are more hung up on the idea of being false to themselves, when that idea of self is less grounded and less stable.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/so

Socionics predicts that INTP and INFJ pairing will follow the course of benefit relations where INFJ (IEI) will be benefactor to INTP (LII): Benefit

Relations between INTP and ENFJ are described as Semi-Duality.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by the state i am in View Post
    ntps are probably the easiest to communicate with. but not necessarily to build agreements and advance them. which feels like a necessity for commitment.
    Agree.

meanwhile, i think infjs, and i know i am, can be super fucking ambiguous. like the most ambiguous of all.
    I know what you mean here. And it's the annoying (from my perspective) rather than the intriguing, kind of ambiguity (the Ne kind).

and part of it is that, for me, i'm making decisions on the wrong scale much of the time (one reason i am so drawn toward ntps, as they help me correct this and, when trustworthy, provide a sense of actuality that makes infjs feel safe and complete. because ntps know how to test shit). it makes collaboration, a really high ideal for me, so natural and effortless and nearby.
    Maybe this is what INTP men like.... Men like to be useful, right? I just find this kind of expectation draining. I'm not crazy about being useful.

and sometimes we will skip a lot of the steps because we fucking KNOW. but that's contingent on a lot of life factors that are outside of the realm of just how you and i relate. which comes from maturity that was gained through experience or through accepting conditions of adulthood and making strong clear choices about what you want in life come what may.
    And sometimes it's simple prejudice and common or garden J close-mindedness.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

A_priori

I think if the INFJ is female this could work really well. Having the same primary instinctual varient helps quite a bit also!

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Salomé View Post
    what makes you feel that you need to always play/be the villain?

i'm recently learning to appreciate one of the "habits" in the book "7 habits for highly effective people" that says "seek first to understand, and then to be understood." it seems like a useful recipe for recognizing the feeling of being trapped, misunderstood, and unappreciated is not necessarily because of others but often comes from us--our own traps, misunderstandings, and inability to appreciate others and ourselves. cue the radiohead song "just."

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by the state i am in View Post
    what makes you feel that you need to always play/be the villain?

i'm recently learning to appreciate one of the "habits" in the book "7 habits for highly effective people" that says "seek first to understand, and then to be understood." it seems like a useful recipe for recognizing the feeling of being trapped, misunderstood, and unappreciated is not necessarily because of others but often comes from us--our own traps, misunderstandings, and inability to appreciate others and ourselves. cue the radiohead song "just."
    lol.
    I don't really care if you don't understand me. It's all part of life's rich tapestry.
    If you consider someone agreeing with you villainous, maybe you need to examine yourself?
    INFJ lectures are another of the deeply unsexy things about them. At least from the perspective of this INTP.

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

i didn't say i didn't understand you. textual fundamentalism is about maintaining a sense of control. click your heels together three times.

i'm being pushy, but you are the one who asked to play. there is no tapestry without a feeling of belonging. there is no beauty without mirrors. the warmth comes from your own body. difference means nothing without identity. just a 1 or a 0 in a vast abyss.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Just more of that irritating INFJ-flavoured ambiguity then?
    Thx for the demo.