User Tag List

First 4121314

Thread: INTP + INFJ

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Salomé View Post
    On topic would require that you fawn all over me.
    I think I could manage that.

Of course when I say that I picture in my mind a number of baby deer running at you and belly-flopping. Damn literalisms.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by AffirmitiveAnxiety View Post
    I think I could manage that.

Of course when I say that I picture in my mind a number of baby deer running at you and belly-flopping.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Like this guy?

That's funny. And, yes, same as you.
    INTP
    5w4
    Phlegmatic

http://www.spaceandmotion.com/

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/so

In my experience it worked very well. INFJ was the longest relationship that I had and it ended out of my fault (I was too young and stupid back then). I later read this theoretical description of this relationship type http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...efit-relations and it was true that I sometimes felt like the INFJ wasn't completely hearing me out. In this relationship the INTP is beneficiary and INFJ is benefactor.

Diving into Ni-space Crescent Fresh's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by faith View Post
    We met online; we both felt a strong connection pretty quickly, but we took it slow. Two years long-distance relationship, then two years close-proximity relationship. We've been married a year and 5 months now. Feels like it gets better every day.
    Wow, this just sounds like exactly what I've been going through. We've met online for 1.3 months now. And yes, it's also a long-distance relationship. Lately I have found out that he is planning to move closer to me (we both live very far apart, probably around 19 hours by flight). So I think things are really working out as we both seem to take little baby steps here and there. The best thing is we both never felt bored with each other and time really flies whenever we chatted.

He puts up with me. He finds me amusing when I'm very very serious. He seems to be able to anticipate many of my thoughts before I think them. He has a peacefulness that is infectious.
    I wonder if he's a type 9w1? It sounds like my partner too based on your description. Perhaps the only complain that I have is sometimes he's too blunt when dealing with honesty. Say if there is a misunderstanding between us, we usually talk it over and everything is resolved--only when he would share his Fe in a cold-analytical way that it often comes across to me as a personal criticism. I know his intention of trying to be as honest as possible with me, but there were moments that I take these flaws too heavily. Other than that, things are usually great and I find both of us quite compatible in general--especially considering that we only had one "small" fight a year after that didn't last more than a few hours.

The OP is sort of vague & general. Is this the sort of response you're looking for? Of course I love talking about my honey, but listening to someone else rave about DH can be boring. Feel free to ask more questions if there's something specific you're looking for.
    Actually recently I felt the closer our relationship has merged, the more insecure he seem to feel. The interesting thing is he never reveal this to me until we were about to end our conversation. I often asked him that he's more than welcome to look for me whenever he feels like to, but he also want to give me space as he knows I've been busy having interviews and other job-hunting related things. Still, he has become more emotionally needy as time goes by. I wonder if that's common among INTP after they've been settle in a relationship after the honeymoon phase?

Diving into Ni-space Crescent Fresh's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Btw, thank you to all of you who posted here! I really appreciate your feedback!

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    @Crescent Fresh - aww. Good luck!
    Thanks skylights!

I have never felt this intensely since with my ex-lovers (both ENFPs). INTP does share one common trait among ENFP and that is they seem to be willing to try really hard to make the relationship work. I wonder if it has to do with NPs common trait.

Btw, I hope things are going well with your ESFJ as well!

Quote Originally Posted by fia View Post
    We share many commonalities in experiences and so are in a unique position to understand each other. The differences in type of intelligence and interests make conversations interesting to both. We both need peace, quiet, and plenty of space to think.

We also share a sense of humor and a drive to analyze the world. We watch sci-fi and funny shows, drink beer and hard lemonade, fix yummy meals to eat sitting on the bed watching movies. It is a deeply happy life.
    Thanks for sharing this fia!

One thing I noticed between myself and my INTP is that we both seemingly share a lot in common, and yet our interests are also quite drastically different at the same time. And I agree with how INFJ is being described as being a benefactor as I'm constantly learning something new not only from him, but also about myself during our interaction. And our interests in various topics seem endless, so we never run out of topics to discuss things about, and perhaps this is what helps us to keep feeling curious toward each other by nurturing and satisfying our Ni/Fe and Ti/Ne.

I swear I'll come back to this thread later on! And once again thank you to all the contributors under this thread. <3

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by fia View Post
    I'm an INFJ 4w5 married to an INTP 5.

We have an easy-going, low conflict relationship. We had read each others' posts online for a few years before we were both available to think in terms of a romantic relationship. When we were available, we talked on the phone for a couple of months and then I visited a few times, and moved in six months after we started our long-distance relationship. It was the simplest dating scenario. It is incredibly rare that I get close to someone partly because I think and socialize much differently from the norm, and he does also. We share many commonalities in experiences and so are in a unique position to understand each other. The differences in type of intelligence and interests make conversations interesting to both. We both need peace, quiet, and plenty of space to think.

We live on a mountain in the quiet and under a clear night of stars. Our walls are covered in bookshelves, and our home is not setup for visitors. We now have a virtual library with 1,000s of books. We both help out with the daily needs of life, and we both value simplicity and efficiency. I've organized much of our belongings in "concrete space", filling closets with plastic drawers labeled with various computer parts. He has organized our virtual libraries of books and movies, finances, etc. in "cyber-space". We both work very hard at improving our lives and are accomplishing a lot in our professions. We are both very abstract and can lose touch with the concrete world. We are also both very private, so I feel a bit reticent to describe everything.

We also share a sense of humor and a drive to analyze the world. We watch sci-fi and funny shows, drink beer and hard lemonade, fix yummy meals to eat sitting on the bed watching movies. It is a deeply happy life.
    Sounds exactly my life (substitute the ocean for the mountains) with my INFJ. Lovely ... and hi Toonia (I was composer on INTPc)