• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] INTP + INFJ

COLORATURA

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Sense of humour fail.
I don't know quite what you are arguing about because most of it is incoherent, but it's a FACT that extroverted judgement and introverted judgment do not look the same and you are wrongly conflating the two. Others have already pointed out your error. If you are close-minded and can't listen to a correction of your misunderstanding, that's your misfortune. I don't need to waste more time on this.

Let's get back to why INTPs and INFJs lurve each other so profoundly.

It was sarcasm...not humor. You don't understand. Simple as that. What I said is not incoherent. Most of it is learned from studying Jung & Naomi Quenk's writings.

I never said J or P was the same. Only that at times they can appear both close-minded. That is basically it. Yeah, I am done arguing, though. I honestly don't even care. I like to argue Devil's advocate to help others. When they aren't willing to listen? ...oh well.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It was sarcasm...not humor. You don't understand.
oh.
I knew you were being sarcastic. It was your sense of humour that failed, not mine. :)

It's kind of a test I use. INTPs never fail so spectacularly...

Don't worry about "helping" me. I'm doing just great, ta!

COLORATURA

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
oh.
I knew you were being sarcastic. It was your sense of humour that failed, not mine. :)

It's kind of a test I use. INTPs never fail so spectacularly...

Don't worry about "helping" me. I'm doing just great, ta!

Since you are the "expert," and I obviously have NO idea what I am talking about & have no sense of humor; what type am I then? I can't obviously be anything like you, right?

What is Ti then? NOT a judging function?? What is a judger then? NOT someone whom only likes to organize the outside world? What Ni is no longer a perceiving function? Educate me, please. I am all ears.

On second thought, you & I have BOTH proven my point. We are BOTH unwilling to compromise what we think we know. No need to reply. Point proven.

Z Buck McFate

Pepperidge Farm remembers.
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
(If anyone still following thread happened to read Salome’s last response to me and saw absolutely anything pertaining to the topic at hand, or anything worth responding to at all, I’d surely appreciate it if you’d let me know via rep. Otherwise I’m going to assume it’s more of the same incredibly tedious Salome pissing contest.)

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
(If anyone still following thread happened to read Salome’s last response to me and saw absolutely anything pertaining to the topic at hand, or anything worth responding to at all, I’d surely appreciate it if you’d let me know [...]

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Since you are the "expert," and I obviously have NO idea what I am talking about & have no sense of humor; what type am I then? I can't obviously be anything like you, right?

What is Ti then? NOT a judging function?? What is a judger then? NOT someone whom only likes to organize the outside world? What Ni is no longer a perceiving function? Educate me, please. I am all ears.
Like this guy?
donkey-ears-meme-generator-okay-i-m-all-ears-3c5de1.jpg

(If anyone still following thread happened to read Salome’s last response to me

(Is there any other type that pulls this passive-aggressive shitty move? I've only noticed INFJs doing it on this forum. It's like they really want to feel like they've "risen above" the fray so they refuse to speak to their interlocutor, but in fact, they let themselves down and reveal how small they are by being totally bitchy by the back door. TOO FUNNY!)

Top-10-Worlds-Most-Shocking-Fountains-boy-urinating.jpg

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
(Is there any other type that pulls this passive-aggressive shitty move? I've only noticed INFJs doing it on this forum. It's like they really want to feel like they've "risen above" the fray so they refuse to speak to their interlocutor, but in fact, they let themselves down and reveal how small they are by being totally bitchy by the back door. TOO FUNNY!)

Hey....I call people cunts all the time. In fact one of the main growing points in my own life was an acceptance of that line of reasoning that runs thusly: "Everyone's shit stinks".

I personally dislike the term, not because of anything to do with it being offensive, merely that the term occupies that special place of 'sayings' that people repeat FOREVER AND EVER!! All the while under the illusion of it being a profound insight on their part.

However...I have come to admit that the core point of that phrase is true. It's why I try to avoid pretense....and often fail. It's why engaging with things I could previously have attributed to Se; is no longer a source of fear for me.

Then again maybe im just some malformed freak of type, because in truth....if I have a problem with someone and I get angry....it shows, no backroom antics needed. I prefer my rants up front and grumpy.

It's why im ...oddly happy that I do get so angry at times, because it's a revealer of truth, both to myself and others. Im not above the shit, im part of it like everyone else.
More importantly it helps me to understand that changing that shit into something else requires an examination of myself rather than others.

Because shit floats to the top you never rise above it...you need to work out how to filter it into something else instead.

Besides, rising above something always sounded similar to avoiding a problem to me.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So...you're INFJ?

This week.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
So...you're INFJ?

This week.

Well it was my original settled assessment after lots of reading books and asking questions and most importantly: examining myself. However I also considered sensory types as well.

I met a lot of people who were indignant about someone switching between N and S since the two are often considered the most easily discernible set of functions to distinguish between. However since I was trying to consider the functions somewhat outside of the realm of the usual biases towards intelligence and capabilities, it meant that I could look at it with lots of different angles.

But maybe that over-complicated things.

Sorry this is off-topic.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
On topic would require that you fawn all over me. :bored:

I think I could manage that.

Of course when I say that I picture in my mind a number of baby deer running at you and belly-flopping. Damn literalisms.

sulfit

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
In my experience it worked very well. INFJ was the longest relationship that I had and it ended out of my fault (I was too young and stupid back then). I later read this theoretical description of this relationship type http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin/content.php/82-Benefit-relations and it was true that I sometimes felt like the INFJ wasn't completely hearing me out. In this relationship the INTP is beneficiary and INFJ is benefactor.

Crescent Fresh

Diving into Ni-space
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
We met online; we both felt a strong connection pretty quickly, but we took it slow. Two years long-distance relationship, then two years close-proximity relationship. We've been married a year and 5 months now. Feels like it gets better every day.

Wow, this just sounds like exactly what I've been going through. We've met online for 1.3 months now. And yes, it's also a long-distance relationship. Lately I have found out that he is planning to move closer to me (we both live very far apart, probably around 19 hours by flight). So I think things are really working out as we both seem to take little baby steps here and there. The best thing is we both never felt bored with each other and time really flies whenever we chatted.

He puts up with me. He finds me amusing when I'm very very serious. He seems to be able to anticipate many of my thoughts before I think them. He has a peacefulness that is infectious.

I wonder if he's a type 9w1? It sounds like my partner too based on your description. Perhaps the only complain that I have is sometimes he's too blunt when dealing with honesty. Say if there is a misunderstanding between us, we usually talk it over and everything is resolved--only when he would share his Fe in a cold-analytical way that it often comes across to me as a personal criticism. I know his intention of trying to be as honest as possible with me, but there were moments that I take these flaws too heavily. Other than that, things are usually great and I find both of us quite compatible in general--especially considering that we only had one "small" fight a year after that didn't last more than a few hours.

The OP is sort of vague & general. Is this the sort of response you're looking for? Of course I love talking about my honey, but listening to someone else rave about DH can be boring. Feel free to ask more questions if there's something specific you're looking for.

Actually recently I felt the closer our relationship has merged, the more insecure he seem to feel. The interesting thing is he never reveal this to me until we were about to end our conversation. I often asked him that he's more than welcome to look for me whenever he feels like to, but he also want to give me space as he knows I've been busy having interviews and other job-hunting related things. Still, he has become more emotionally needy as time goes by. I wonder if that's common among INTP after they've been settle in a relationship after the honeymoon phase?

Crescent Fresh

Diving into Ni-space
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Btw, thank you to all of you who posted here! I really appreciate your feedback! :wubbie:

[MENTION=13357]Crescent Fresh[/MENTION] - aww. :wubbie: Good luck!

Thanks skylights! :hug:

I have never felt this intensely since with my ex-lovers (both ENFPs). INTP does share one common trait among ENFP and that is they seem to be willing to try really hard to make the relationship work. I wonder if it has to do with NPs common trait.

Btw, I hope things are going well with your ESFJ as well! :wink:

We share many commonalities in experiences and so are in a unique position to understand each other. The differences in type of intelligence and interests make conversations interesting to both. We both need peace, quiet, and plenty of space to think.

We also share a sense of humor and a drive to analyze the world. We watch sci-fi and funny shows, drink beer and hard lemonade, fix yummy meals to eat sitting on the bed watching movies. It is a deeply happy life.

Thanks for sharing this fia! :)

One thing I noticed between myself and my INTP is that we both seemingly share a lot in common, and yet our interests are also quite drastically different at the same time. And I agree with how INFJ is being described as being a benefactor as I'm constantly learning something new not only from him, but also about myself during our interaction. And our interests in various topics seem endless, so we never run out of topics to discuss things about, and perhaps this is what helps us to keep feeling curious toward each other by nurturing and satisfying our Ni/Fe and Ti/Ne.

I swear I'll come back to this thread later on! And once again thank you to all the contributors under this thread. <3

Architect

MBTI Type
INTP
I'm an INFJ 4w5 married to an INTP 5.

We have an easy-going, low conflict relationship. We had read each others' posts online for a few years before we were both available to think in terms of a romantic relationship. When we were available, we talked on the phone for a couple of months and then I visited a few times, and moved in six months after we started our long-distance relationship. It was the simplest dating scenario. It is incredibly rare that I get close to someone partly because I think and socialize much differently from the norm, and he does also. We share many commonalities in experiences and so are in a unique position to understand each other. The differences in type of intelligence and interests make conversations interesting to both. We both need peace, quiet, and plenty of space to think.

We live on a mountain in the quiet and under a clear night of stars. Our walls are covered in bookshelves, and our home is not setup for visitors. We now have a virtual library with 1,000s of books. We both help out with the daily needs of life, and we both value simplicity and efficiency. I've organized much of our belongings in "concrete space", filling closets with plastic drawers labeled with various computer parts. He has organized our virtual libraries of books and movies, finances, etc. in "cyber-space". We both work very hard at improving our lives and are accomplishing a lot in our professions. We are both very abstract and can lose touch with the concrete world. We are also both very private, so I feel a bit reticent to describe everything.

We also share a sense of humor and a drive to analyze the world. We watch sci-fi and funny shows, drink beer and hard lemonade, fix yummy meals to eat sitting on the bed watching movies. It is a deeply happy life.

Sounds exactly my life (substitute the ocean for the mountains) with my INFJ. Lovely ... and hi Toonia (I was composer on INTPc)