First 311121314 Last

Thread: INTP + INFJ

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Salomé View Post

Sense of humour fail.
    I don't know quite what you are arguing about because most of it is incoherent, but it's a FACT that extroverted judgement and introverted judgment do not look the same and you are wrongly conflating the two. Others have already pointed out your error. If you are close-minded and can't listen to a correction of your misunderstanding, that's your misfortune. I don't need to waste more time on this.

Let's get back to why INTPs and INFJs lurve each other so profoundly.
    It was sarcasm...not humor. You don't understand. Simple as that. What I said is not incoherent. Most of it is learned from studying Jung & Naomi Quenk's writings.

I never said J or P was the same. Only that at times they can appear both close-minded. That is basically it. Yeah, I am done arguing, though. I honestly don't even care. I like to argue Devil's advocate to help others. When they aren't willing to listen? ...oh well.
    INTP
    5w4
    Phlegmatic

http://www.spaceandmotion.com/

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by COLORATURA View Post
    It was sarcasm...not humor. You don't understand.
    oh.
    I knew you were being sarcastic. It was your sense of humour that failed, not mine.

It's kind of a test I use. INTPs never fail so spectacularly...

Don't worry about "helping" me. I'm doing just great, ta!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

oh.
    I knew you were being sarcastic. It was your sense of humour that failed, not mine.

It's kind of a test I use. INTPs never fail so spectacularly...

Don't worry about "helping" me. I'm doing just great, ta!
    Since you are the "expert," and I obviously have NO idea what I am talking about & have no sense of humor; what type am I then? I can't obviously be anything like you, right?

What is Ti then? NOT a judging function?? What is a judger then? NOT someone whom only likes to organize the outside world? What Ni is no longer a perceiving function? Educate me, please. I am all ears.

On second thought, you & I have BOTH proven my point. We are BOTH unwilling to compromise what we think we know. No need to reply. Point proven.
    INTP
    5w4
    Phlegmatic

http://www.spaceandmotion.com/

can't handcuff the wind Z Buck McFate's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

(If anyone still following thread happened to read Salome’s last response to me and saw absolutely anything pertaining to the topic at hand, or anything worth responding to at all, I’d surely appreciate it if you’d let me know via rep. Otherwise I’m going to assume it’s more of the same incredibly tedious Salome pissing contest.)
    Reality is a collective hunch. -Lily Tomlin

5w4 sx/sp Johari / Nohari

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Z Buck McFate View Post
    (If anyone still following thread happened to read Salome’s last response to me and saw absolutely anything pertaining to the topic at hand, or anything worth responding to at all, I’d surely appreciate it if you’d let me know [...]

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by COLORATURA View Post
    Since you are the "expert," and I obviously have NO idea what I am talking about & have no sense of humor; what type am I then? I can't obviously be anything like you, right?

What is Ti then? NOT a judging function?? What is a judger then? NOT someone whom only likes to organize the outside world? What Ni is no longer a perceiving function? Educate me, please. I am all ears.
    Like this guy?

Quote Originally Posted by Z Buck McFate View Post
    (If anyone still following thread happened to read Salome’s last response to me
    (Is there any other type that pulls this passive-aggressive shitty move? I've only noticed INFJs doing it on this forum. It's like they really want to feel like they've "risen above" the fray so they refuse to speak to their interlocutor, but in fact, they let themselves down and reveal how small they are by being totally bitchy by the back door. TOO FUNNY!)

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

(Is there any other type that pulls this passive-aggressive shitty move? I've only noticed INFJs doing it on this forum. It's like they really want to feel like they've "risen above" the fray so they refuse to speak to their interlocutor, but in fact, they let themselves down and reveal how small they are by being totally bitchy by the back door. TOO FUNNY!)
    Hey....I call people cunts all the time. In fact one of the main growing points in my own life was an acceptance of that line of reasoning that runs thusly: "Everyone's shit stinks".

I personally dislike the term, not because of anything to do with it being offensive, merely that the term occupies that special place of 'sayings' that people repeat FOREVER AND EVER!! All the while under the illusion of it being a profound insight on their part.

However...I have come to admit that the core point of that phrase is true. It's why I try to avoid pretense....and often fail. It's why engaging with things I could previously have attributed to Se; is no longer a source of fear for me.

Then again maybe im just some malformed freak of type, because in truth....if I have a problem with someone and I get angry....it shows, no backroom antics needed. I prefer my rants up front and grumpy.

It's why im ...oddly happy that I do get so angry at times, because it's a revealer of truth, both to myself and others. Im not above the shit, im part of it like everyone else.
    More importantly it helps me to understand that changing that shit into something else requires an examination of myself rather than others.

Because shit floats to the top you never rise above it...you need to work out how to filter it into something else instead.

Besides, rising above something always sounded similar to avoiding a problem to me.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

So...you're INFJ?

This week.

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

So...you're INFJ?

This week.
    Well it was my original settled assessment after lots of reading books and asking questions and most importantly: examining myself. However I also considered sensory types as well.

I met a lot of people who were indignant about someone switching between N and S since the two are often considered the most easily discernible set of functions to distinguish between. However since I was trying to consider the functions somewhat outside of the realm of the usual biases towards intelligence and capabilities, it meant that I could look at it with lots of different angles.

But maybe that over-complicated things.

Sorry this is off-topic.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by AffirmitiveAnxiety View Post
    Sorry this is off-topic.
    On topic would require that you fawn all over me.