• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] INTP+ENTJ

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
lol INTP is like the least controlling type in all of MBTI, well at least of other people and ENTJ is like the most controlling!

I would say INFP is the least controlling. The INTP can be controlling in a family situation, but overall it is not a dominating type. ISFP is also near the bottom of the control-freak ladder.

rav3n

INTPs can be very controlling, whether masking as intellectual discourse or through withdrawal.

Pseudo

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I would say INFP is the least controlling. The INTP can be controlling in a family situation, but overall it is not a dominating type. ISFP is also near the bottom of the control-freak ladder.

INFPs aren't controling in the sense of telling people what to do, but sometimes their moods seem to control situations. You have to appease them to move the situation forward.

Redbone

Orisha
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
When I think of men, I don't think of INTPs. Then again, ENTJ males don't really do it for me either; sorry brethrens.

How 'bout ESTJs, then?

I've never tried to get close to another INTP male...I wouldn't even know how and I am one! :shock:

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
INFPs aren't control in the sense of telling people what to do, but sometimes their moods seem to control situations. You have to appease them to move the situation forward.

I agree with this as my INFP mom will never let people do something that violates one of her deeply held and sometimes secretive Fi values and will become very domineering when those sensitve lines are corssed.

Pseudo

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
INTPs can be very controlling, whether masking as intellectual discourse or through withdrawal.

That's interesting. I always seem my withdrawls as giving in. Sort of just throwing my hands up.

I get how an INTP could seem controlling in conversation beacause with think that there is a a correct way to see things. Everything has to makes sense. I could see us giving off the impression that people aren't allowed to think illogically. I use the general "you" as in "You can't think that if", "You can't believe that if" ect. It drives my ESFJ friend crazy because she always interprets it as meaning her specifically.

Pseudo

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
INFPs aren't controling in the sense of telling people what to do, but sometimes their moods seem to control situations. You have to appease them to move the situation forward.

EDIT- actually they do get a little bossy with that Te.

Did I mention that I hate being bossed?

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
How 'bout ESTJs, then?

I've never tried to get close to another INTP male...I wouldn't even know how and I am one! :shock:

[MENTION=13589]Mal+[/MENTION] is a pretty swell INTP who I am sure you would get along with just fine!

R

ReflecTcelfeR

I'm with Jock on this one.

I think people underestimate the basic drives of both: TNSF.

Yes, orientation makes a difference, but in the end they have the same difficulties, and so the same basal process will be needed for both.

I think that's a big similarity and giant point of connection, on bonding.

Pseudo

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
How 'bout ESTJs, then?

ESTJ men are tricky. They're really fun and can really take control of situations (allowing me to be a procrastinating disorganized P :D). But that can also be very stubborn and very, very set in their ways. I get along really well with both ESxJs. I think the two types enjoy the novelty of the other one and they compliment each others skills and weaknesses. I think ESFJ is better though because their Fe makes up for the INTPs lack of social IQ, whereas the ESTJ's Te will just try to hammer whatever their opinion is into the INTPs brain.

ESFJ has "a kinder, gentler machine gun hand".

rav3n

That's interesting. I always seem my withdrawls as giving in. Sort of just throwing my hands up.
Consider. In withdrawal, you retain control of the situation. Without engagement, no one can challenge your perspective. You also withhold knowledge which for an enneatype 5, can be a lot. This is your locus for control.

I get how an INTP could seem controlling in conversation beacause with think that there is a a correct way to see things. Everything has to makes sense. I could see us giving off the impression that people aren't allowed to think illogically. I use the general "you" as in "You can't think that if", "You can't believe that if" ect. It drives my ESFJ friend crazy because she always interprets it as meaning her specifically.
Oh sure. It takes forever for an INTP to conclude, but when they've finally concluded something, it is most often rock solid within the Ti framework. That said, it can also be inaccurate, particularly with some out in the next galaxy INTPs (not you for sure). But to attack a Ti framework is tantamount to attacking the trunk of a tree. INTPs will lash out and protect that trunk since it leads to all the corollary branches.

So if anyone's going to attack a Ti framework, they'd better have all their ducks, geese, chickens, carrier pigeons and dodo birds in order, prior to doing so.

p.s. ESFJs aren't the best at debating. Everything becomes personal, including the impersonal and the garden fence.

Pseudo

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Consider. In withdrawal, you retain control of the situation. Without engagement, no one can challenge your perspective. You also withhold knowledge which for an enneatype 5, can be a lot. This is your locus for control.

So we control by not allowing someone to keep tell us how wrong we are? hhmmmmm.... sounds like a pretty ENTJish comlaint ;) . haah

Oh sure. It takes forever for an INTP to conclude, but when they've finally concluded something, it is most often rock solid within the Ti framework. That said, it can also be inaccurate, particularly with some out in the next galaxy INTPs (not you for sure). But to attack a Ti framework is tantamount to attacking the trunk of a tree. INTPs will lash out and protect that trunk since it leads to all the correlating branches.

So if anyone's going to attack a Ti framework, they'd better have all their ducks, geese, chickens, carrier pigeons and dodo birds in order, prior to doing so.

Yeah, I've had to learn to sort of restrain myself and not hound people about what I see as logical inconsistencies. I think as a teen I was a little more ruthless when it came to wanting to show why certain view points couldn't make sense but now..........I have become aged and care not.

p.s. ESFJs aren't the best at debating. Everything becomes personal, including the impersonal and the garden fence.

mmmmhhhhmmm. They don't enjoy it at all.

rav3n

So we control by not allowing someone to keep tell us how wrong we are? hhmmmmm.... sounds like a pretty ENTJish comlaint ;) . haah
Have you never deliberately stone walled or given the silent treatment to anyone? How about withdrawing from a relationship argument with awareness that you hold information that might impact?

I own my nature as an ENTJ. We control our environment using Te. It's our first coping strategy so it's something we should learn to tone down, particularly the more aggressive ones. These are facts of my type, both our strength and our weakness.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It's this odd mixture of dismissive judgment with a hint of entitlement.
Perhaps this is part of the difference between m / f INTPs?
The women haven't been tainted by the culture of (either male -because they're not-, or female -because they don't identify) entitlement.
Yes. I think this might be it. Certainly you see INTP men whine a lot more about not being appreciated / understood by women.

Just too introverted or something, i don't know..i have already connected the dots and gone on the the next thing, i want the next piece of info...they stay on the subject too long...
Gosh. So full of judgements I don't know where to start!
Consider that your wants are not as transparent to everyone else as they are to you? Sometimes, it is necessary, or just courteous, to join the dots for other people too.

All we are interested in controlling is access to our own space. We have no interest in encroaching upon the space of others.

ESTJ men are tricky. They're really fun and can really take control of situations (allowing me to be a procrastinating disorganized P :D). But that can also be very stubborn and very, very set in their ways. I get along really well with both ESxJs. I think the two types enjoy the novelty of the other one and they compliment each others skills and weaknesses. I think ESFJ is better though because their Fe makes up for the INTPs lack of social IQ, whereas the ESTJ's Te will just try to hammer whatever their opinion is into the INTPs brain.

ESFJ has "a kinder, gentler machine gun hand".
ESTJ men can be a lot of fun. ESFJ man is a disaster for INTP woman.
Another person's Fe cannot "make up for" your own lack. It can beat you over the head though.
Te and Ti are much less incompatible. Although...Brrrrrrr!

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Have you never deliberately stone walled or given the silent treatment to anyone? How about withdrawing from a relationship argument with awareness that you hold information that might impact?
No. I'm much too straight-forward for those games.
And I'm always looking for clarity, even in interpersonal conflicts. Others will tire and withdraw long before I will. But then, I get less emotionally drained by conflict than others do. Fs in particular, can feel brutalised by my forensic scrutiny. I have tremendous stamina when it comes to conflict. :D Part of that is the brain-buzz, but mostly it's a genuine desire for resolution.

If I stop communicating with someone, it's because I understand the conflict well enough to realise it's not resolvable. Only very seldom will I accept that any problem (intellectual, interpersonal or otherwise) is without solution. In fact, the thornier the problem, the more engaged I become.

Edit. I think maybe the men withdraw because they are more likely to be sanctioned for aggressiveness (esp towards the opposite gender) and don't know how to be assertive. INTP men (esp type 9s) can be crippled by uncontrollable impulses towards rage that frighten them and which they do not know how to process constructively. Not being the type to lash out, they turn that rage inwards where it can eat away at their self-esteem.

Kaizer

sophiloist
MBTI Type
INTp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The women haven't been tainted by the culture of (either male -because they're not-, or female -because they don't identify) entitlement.
Yes. I think this might be it. Certainly you see INTP men whine a lot more about not being appreciated / understood by women.
The 'be a man' statement is more an ENTJ statement.
As for a fit, it varies and when seeing an ENTJ in comparison with an INTJ the Te+Ni combination seems to be the lesser incisive & potent combination.
ESTJ males tend to have a lack of insight and seem to be very high on judgement, 'simplicity' and the obviousness of obvious stuff.
Overall, the ETJ combination in males gets manifested in traditionalism to a large degree & power dynamics first and everything else later.

All we are interested in controlling is access to our own space. We have no interest in encroaching upon the space of others.
That + having to explain that to others is very counter productive esp to ESs

Another person's Fe cannot "make up for" your own lack. It can beat you over the head though.
There is no second opinion about ESJs esp ESJ males.
As for Te & Ti, their placement in the sequence matters, & with Fe too, but a lack of intelligence manifests itself very concretely.
Passive aggressiveness or insidious machinations are more the ENTJ thing to do imo/e

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
As for a fit, it varies and when seeing an ENTJ in comparison with an INTJ the Te+Ni combination seems to be the lesser incisive & potent combination.
ESTJ males tend to have a lack of insight and seem to be very high on judgement, 'simplicity' and the obviousness of obvious stuff.
What a pleasing phrase! :)
Yes, but when they have a mind to entertain / charm you they can be a lot of fun. Would never work out for me long term with any J.
Overall, the ETJ combination in males gets manifested in traditionalism to a large degree & power dynamics first and everything else later.
Certanly seems to be case, esp on this forum. Assuming a similar tendency for ETJ women to be more comfortable with traditionalism (and the fact that their judging function is extroverted leads inevitably to this conclusion), this may account for much of the difference in the INTP/ENTJ dynamic.

What do you mean?
Passive aggressiveness or insidious machinations are more the ENTJ thing to do imo/e
I do know what you mean here. ;)

Pseudo

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

Gosh. So full of judgements I don't know where to start!
Consider that your wants are not as transparent to everyone else as they are to you? Sometimes, it is necessary, or just courteous, to join the dots for other people too.

Different strokes.

About the Fe I just meant that the ESFJ will generally not mind being the one sort of driving the relationship by being open and engaging. Their warmth overcomes our typical reserve. I disagree about Ti and Te. I have some great relationships qith both ESTJs and ENTJs . But a lot of times I feel like they let me
Have my Ti space as in If I'm just diving into something and thinking about it but they don't think it's useful they'll interrupt and want you to do something "useful". Te and always wanting an end goal and Ti being more exploratory ( in these types).

Don't get me wrong I son'y mean to bash ENtJs. They are awesome, badasses who get stuff done. I just think there's a certain conflicts with INTPs.

Pseudo

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

I own my nature as an ENTJ. We control our environment using Te. It's our first coping strategy so it's something we should learn to tone down, particularly the more aggressive ones. These are facts of my type, both our strength and our weakness.

Honestly no. Only if I feel that the other person just isn't hearing what Im saying but is being really aggressive will I withdraw and stone wall. It like instead of arguing anymore ill just agree with them until they stop. Usually Im the one who won't give up tying to make th understand me.

I'm trying to think of ways I am controlling. I think maybe I attempt to control through subversion which is very passive aggressive. If I don't like what someone is doing or telling me to do ill just agree and then do what ever I want.

Kaizer

sophiloist
MBTI Type
INTp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What a pleasing phrase! :)
Yes, but when they have a mind to entertain / charm you they can be a lot of fun. Would never work out for me long term with any J.
yes long term no way cause its either their way or their heads and so for the latter not being stingy with rope supply is the solution + some time.

Certanly seems to be case, esp on this forum. Assuming a similar tendency for ETJ women to be more comfortable with traditionalism (and the fact that their judging function is extroverted leads inevitably to this conclusion), this may account for much of the difference in the INTP/ENTJ dynamic.
yes the inevitability of it and I have heard, even ENTJ males, make statements that are almost preposterous if even scraped by the faintest Ti or a tempered/non-heady Te.

That + having to explain that to others is very counter productive esp to ESs
What do you mean?
The 'simple' way that things 'have to be' combined with their Eness of the brash/non-refined/nuanced kind makes for biting one's lips before one tells them to go to hell.

I do know what you mean here. ;)
Yes, cause being male and having dealt with them, might've made it mildly easier. using traditionalism and female roles as scalpels might help.... use axes as your preferred tool cause they seem to really like them... ascendancy defines life for them at the core to a far more basic and 'simple' degree it seems. ESFP males, as contradictory as it might seem, seem to love being ESFJ like and headbutt.
sympathies for & loyalties to INTP women who have to dealt with that crap.

As a final note, the auto save function is a great addition