• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] INTP+ENTJ

Redbone

Orisha
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
INTP men tend to be less outspoken than the women (with a tendency to be passive-aggressive). They are also much more polite and cuddly. Never quite figured out why the differences.

^Yeah...I have often wondered if I was actually INTJ because of that.

I love ENTJs. My oldest sister is one and we were very close (not anymore...she is very religious now and not supposed to talk to someone like me). I've known a few other ENTJs, mostly women. Had a brief relationship with one...it's incredible how loving they can be with someone they care about.

We just 'get' each other. Understand each other. I don't know what it is.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
^Yeah...I have often wondered if I was actually INTJ because of that.
It wouldn't be the first time I've been called one. I'd happily own the type if only I could figure out what the fuck Ni is...

I love ENTJs. My oldest sister is one and we were very close (not anymore...she is very religious now and not supposed to talk to someone like me).
Someone like you??

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
Some of them make me see red:

tumblr_lasbn2sAsU1qe0eclo1_r2_500.gif

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yea i figured...but even you guys ENTP's are easier and nicer to talk to ... it could be that inferior Fe...that's my hang up.

They are so different from me...I'm very quick to disclose information about myself open up to whomever...and they're not lol...that itself makes me annoyed...and i'm sure i'm reading them wrong or whatever...because i'm the one with the problem lol...

here's an example though when i was trying to figure out my enneagram

INTP: "Try reading this link How Enneagram Type Pay Attention, it was very helpful!

Me:"I see that this has some descriptions of socionics...do you think it's the best?"

INTP: "I linked you an enneagram article :confused: This article was taken from Helen Palmer's book and she is a known enneagram researcher.

That website has descriptions of MBTI, enneagram, some writing by Jung, and socionics. It's multi-source."

And then it took me like 12 days to respond and i had to have an ISFJ interpret what the person meant...because i took it as him/her saying you're an idiot it's a multi source can't you see that...so my Fi had to sit there...and it did...no difference...still annoyed with that response...i was asking him/her if they thought it was the best link to look at things for learning about sociaonics. gurr..still angered having to explain myself right now...

Me : "I was asking your simple opinion...whether it was a good website for that type of thing or not...obviously its a multi-source. that's all, thanks anyways "

almost every convo i have with an intp gets confused somehow...and i take it personally :dry:

If I may interject myself into this conversation for the purposes of clarification:

Here's how I would have responded to the question: "S/he is confused about Enneagram type and would like information on distinguishing the types from one another. I came upon this link for how the types pay attention, which could be useful in discerning if her style of paying attention points to one type more than another. I'll send it to her."
You: "Is this a good resource, as it contains information about Socionics?"
Me: "The information about Socionics is irrelevant, as you are looking at the Enneagram information. And the author has credibility in the subject area."
You: "?"
Me: "??"
You: WTF?
Me: Communication fail.

Te--> I'll look for external validation from credible and reliable sources.
Ti--> Screw authority, I'll evaluate the information and decide if it makes sense.

F

figsfiggyfigs

Most INTP males that I've come across tend to be very meek and submissive. I don't know if this is just my luck or the common INTP.

rav3n

Most INTP males that I've come across tend to be very meek and submissive. I don't know if this is just my luck or the common INTP.
Meek and submissive, as in unwilling to fight with you?

F

figsfiggyfigs

Meek and submissive, as in unwilling to fight with you?
From experience of course, and I'll admit, riddled with bias:

• Just goes along with w.e. If an argument occurs, they just shrug it off, or become passive aggressive. They're generally not willing to get into arguments( not necessarily yelling/breaking down a conversation), just anything that they feel is a criticism of them.

• If they do argue, it is rare, and they have a tendency of latching on to small insignificant detail and become blinded to the bigger picture, which is immensely frustrating when they can't get past it.

• They don't seem to be initiators either, which is a complete turn off. Want something, go get it, fight tooth and nail for it.

• They also have a habit of not "understanding basic things" in relationships, if I noticed anything on this forum, it is the invalidation of other's beliefs( and I don't mean just religious). So many threads about neglectant INTP partners who can't comprehend why their partner requires their presence every once in a while, or why they want to celebrate birthdays, or go out for dinner. It almost appears as if because they don't understand the joy another experiences with a belief/desire, they are unwilling to experience it with their partner or refuse to acknowledge it as a valid conviction for their partner. It's this odd mixture of dismissive judgment with a hint of entitlement. Then there are some on the complete other spectrum, who do not have an opinion on anything, which isn't remotely asfrustrating.

• Some also seem to be rather lazy, as in, wishing someone else can take the wheel, take care of them, or on the opposite side, have to 'take care' of someone as little as possible, which is not my personal preference in a relationship.

Of course, this is all judgment on my part. It's more of my dislike for them as partners than anything. I like ambition, a trait that is rare to find in coasting INTPs.

For an "brainy" type, they sure are clueless.

Example of oblivious INTPs :"I stare at this girl all the time, why does she think I like her?". Jesus fucking christ.

More aware and mature INTPS make great friends though, since I expect next to nothing.
I effing love fiery INTPs though. They feisty humorous(non emo) ones are amazing to have as platonic friends.

Salome and Jockthemotie are great examples of INTPs whose posts I always enjoy reading.

<waits for picky INTP rage>

rav3n

[*]Just goes along with w.e. If an argument occurs, they just shrug it off, or become passive aggressive. They're generally not willing to get into arguments( not necessarily yelling/breaking down a conversation), just anything that they feel is a criticism of them.
One of the best things about mature INTPs is that they love to banter. Once you're in their inner circle, they can be relentless.

But when it comes to serious anger, as in fighting about something emotional, our two types can grind. ENTJs can be quite critical where we don't soft sell. Our anger is directed. When INTPs experience this focused anger, their immediate reaction is to shut down/withdraw and think about it. Push them beyond this and they can flip out with their Fe-Ne. Bear in mind my experiences have been with mature INTPs and doesn't encompass all INTPs, particularly some of the ones in this thread. :D

If they do argue, it is rare, and they have a tendency of latching on to small insignificant detail and become blinded to the bigger picture, which is immensely frustrating when they can't get past it.
This is the Fe-Ne flip out, where Ne drags in unrelated items and patches it into the whole. It also can be Ti-Si, locking down in a loop. Once again, these are from personal experiences and don't necessarily encompass all INTPs, particularly the ones in this thread.

They don't seem to be initiators either, which is a complete turn off. Want something, go get it, fight tooth and nail for it.
From a non-platonic perspective, all three INTP exes initiated our connections. The first one met through cyberspace was really determined, where he pursued for six months of daily interactions, until I was willing to meet him.

They also have a habit of not "understanding basic things" in relationships, if I noticed anything on this forum, it is the invalidation of other's beliefs( and I don't mean just religious). So many threads about neglectant INTP partners who can't comprehend why their partner requires their presence every once in a while, or why they want to celebrate birthdays, or go out for dinner. It almost appears as if because they don't understand the joy another experiences with a belief/desire, they are unwilling to experience it with their partner or refuse to acknowledge it as a valid conviction for their partner. It's this odd mixture of dismissive judgment with a hint of entitlement. Then there are some on the complete other spectrum, who do not have an opinion on anything, which isn't remotely asfrustrating.
Sounds like you're looking for a more traditional relationship model. Myself, all three exes used to complain about not spending enough time so there was some role reversal going on.

Some also seem to be rather lazy, as in, wishing someone else can take the wheel, take care of them, or on the opposite side, have to 'take care' of someone as little as possible, which is not my personal preference in a relationship.
Once again, a more traditional relationship model. With my exes, neither took care of each other which was my preference too. Doesn't mean they wouldn't provide emotional support when asked, with the reverse holding true. We just didn't need a lot of it.

Of course, this is all judgment on my part. It's more of my dislike for them as partners than anything. I like ambition, a trait that is rare to find in coasting INTPs.

For an "brainy" type, they sure are clueless.

Example of oblivious INTPs :"I stare at this girl all the time, why does she think I like her?". Jesus fucking christ.
That's one oblivious INTP! Never had the displeasure of interacting with one that bad. :rotfl:

F

figsfiggyfigs

When I think of men, I don't think of INTPs. Then again, ENTJ males don't really do it for me either; sorry brethrens.

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Oh god. They're turning us against each other. ;_;

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
*takes notes*

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
INTP men tend to be less outspoken than the women (with a tendency to be passive-aggressive). They are also much more polite and cuddly. Never quite figured out why the differences.

The trouble is your question could be read in half a dozen ways...
Anyway, he was not calling you an idiot, he was genuinely baffled.I think it was sweet of him to make the effort.

I agree with the bolded...i disagree with the underlined based upon what i've seen in my own interactions. Particularly the last underline in relation to the last bolded: it seems like this is what i get from my bf's Dad...GAHH! he will be confused...and take this confusion and interanlized it (quickly...which is also making quick judgements)...(i'm assuming Ti) and then take the confusion and try to imply "I" was the one that is confused, and in doing this it's a passive aggressive attack. Just too introverted or something, i don't know..i have already connected the dots and gone on the the next thing, i want the next piece of info...they stay on the subject too long...he will even bring things up like from like 6 months ago if someone says oh i'm wierd and like pancakes with m&m's...it's like he uses that info in front of all of the family next time...like a convo starter or something(inferior Fe)...i don't even beleive in the feeling of akward but intp's make me sort of understand that feeling...even though i have no real shame and can just mostly shrug it off...i feel bad for others though.

if they see you as being quick to judge and think that you will judge them/aspects of them/whatevertheywouldwanttoopenupwith, they wont open up to you and you are being judged as someone not worth opening up to, because you would just make(what seems to them) superficial snap judgments about it and not strive to understand it properly.

I do not know I am giving that off then :(
I hope not because I try hard to just get them in the convo, or relate to them... they want nothing to do with me...ha ha...and don't want to relate back and i'm a big believer in not putting in too much energy if the person will not reciprocate.

I find them very bossy. I don't like being bossed.

I really try not to be...but you could just say "hey you're doing that bossy thing again" ha ha...and it's over, i'm done...for now...it's definately something I continually have to redirect though :dry:

You know.. I interpreted it the same way you did. INTP lack of social skills even makes them come off as tactless in real life. I assure you, their infallibility is what they'd like to believe of themselves too. I once asked an INTP what she thought of herself, she told me "elite." It was deadpan. But, I assure you many of them mean well.

Thanks, see? I really think it's the difference between extraversion and introversion...ENTP's still have a way of saying...but take this with a grain of salt...if they're actaully confused instead of saying "confused, this is what i said, what's the problem?"

It's funny you say that they mean well, because I just realized...i'm thinking that they don't ha ha...but it's really just me taking whatever they're saying personally. :rly???: interesting ha ha thanks :)

If I may interject myself into this conversation for the purposes of clarification:

Here's how I would have responded to the question: "S/he is confused about Enneagram type and would like information on distinguishing the types from one another. I came upon this link for how the types pay attention, which could be useful in discerning if her style of paying attention points to one type more than another. I'll send it to her."
You: "Is this a good resource, as it contains information about Socionics?"
Me: "The information about Socionics is irrelevant, as you are looking at the Enneagram information. And the author has credibility in the subject area."
You: "?"
Me: "??"
You: WTF?
Me: Communication fail.

Te--> I'll look for external validation from credible and reliable sources.
Ti--> Screw authority, I'll evaluate the information and decide if it makes sense.

In refernce to bolded: It was relevent. I had saw on there that there was something about socionics...in addition to enneagram(of course, cause it was a Direct link ha ha)... and i was wondering what they thought about it...I probably was looking for some kind of "Te external validation" or whatever...but that page he/she had me on was a socionics forum or something...which i joined by the way...and learned that socionics people are effing hard core...and most don't like MBTI ...i don't go there as much as here

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
lol INTP is like the least controlling type in all of MBTI, well at least of other people and ENTJ is like the most controlling!