Thread: INTP+ENTJ

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    lol INTP is like the least controlling type in all of MBTI, well at least of other people and ENTJ is like the most controlling!
    I would say INFP is the least controlling. The INTP can be controlling in a family situation, but overall it is not a dominating type. ISFP is also near the bottom of the control-freak ladder.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

INTPs can be very controlling, whether masking as intellectual discourse or through withdrawal.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    I would say INFP is the least controlling. The INTP can be controlling in a family situation, but overall it is not a dominating type. ISFP is also near the bottom of the control-freak ladder.
    INFPs aren't controling in the sense of telling people what to do, but sometimes their moods seem to control situations. You have to appease them to move the situation forward.

As Long As It Takes.... Redbone's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by YWIR View Post
    When I think of men, I don't think of INTPs. Then again, ENTJ males don't really do it for me either; sorry brethrens.
    How 'bout ESTJs, then?

I've never tried to get close to another INTP male...I wouldn't even know how and I am one!

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Quote Originally Posted by Pseudo View Post
    INFPs aren't control in the sense of telling people what to do, but sometimes their moods seem to control situations. You have to appease them to move the situation forward.
    I agree with this as my INFP mom will never let people do something that violates one of her deeply held and sometimes secretive Fi values and will become very domineering when those sensitve lines are corssed.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by andante View Post
    INTPs can be very controlling, whether masking as intellectual discourse or through withdrawal.
    That's interesting. I always seem my withdrawls as giving in. Sort of just throwing my hands up.

I get how an INTP could seem controlling in conversation beacause with think that there is a a correct way to see things. Everything has to makes sense. I could see us giving off the impression that people aren't allowed to think illogically. I use the general "you" as in "You can't think that if", "You can't believe that if" ect. It drives my ESFJ friend crazy because she always interprets it as meaning her specifically.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Pseudo View Post
    INFPs aren't controling in the sense of telling people what to do, but sometimes their moods seem to control situations. You have to appease them to move the situation forward.

EDIT- actually they do get a little bossy with that Te.

Did I mention that I hate being bossed?

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Quote Originally Posted by Redbone View Post
    How 'bout ESTJs, then?

I've never tried to get close to another INTP male...I wouldn't even know how and I am one!
    @Mal+ is a pretty swell INTP who I am sure you would get along with just fine!

ReflecTcelfeR

I'm with Jock on this one.

I think people underestimate the basic drives of both: TNSF.

Yes, orientation makes a difference, but in the end they have the same difficulties, and so the same basal process will be needed for both.

I think that's a big similarity and giant point of connection, on bonding.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Redbone View Post
    How 'bout ESTJs, then?

ESTJ men are tricky. They're really fun and can really take control of situations (allowing me to be a procrastinating disorganized P ). But that can also be very stubborn and very, very set in their ways. I get along really well with both ESxJs. I think the two types enjoy the novelty of the other one and they compliment each others skills and weaknesses. I think ESFJ is better though because their Fe makes up for the INTPs lack of social IQ, whereas the ESTJ's Te will just try to hammer whatever their opinion is into the INTPs brain.

ESFJ has "a kinder, gentler machine gun hand".