Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    No worries.
    You almost seem happy about this

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by YWIR View Post
    You almost seem happy about this
    The feeling was mutual when you said "ENTJ's don't really do it for you". :cookie:

figsfiggyfigs

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    The feeling was mutual when you said "ENTJ's don't really do it for you". :cookie:

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp

Oh god. They're turning us against each other. ;_;
    And so long as you haven’t experienced this: to die and so to grow,
    you are only a troubled guest on the dark earth

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

*takes notes*

figsfiggyfigs

What have you learned little intp ?

Unapologetic being Evolving Transparency's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Salomé View Post
    INTP men tend to be less outspoken than the women (with a tendency to be passive-aggressive). They are also much more polite and cuddly. Never quite figured out why the differences.

The trouble is your question could be read in half a dozen ways...
    Anyway, he was not calling you an idiot, he was genuinely baffled.I think it was sweet of him to make the effort.
    I agree with the bolded...i disagree with the underlined based upon what i've seen in my own interactions. Particularly the last underline in relation to the last bolded: it seems like this is what i get from my bf's Dad...GAHH! he will be confused...and take this confusion and interanlized it (quickly...which is also making quick judgements)...(i'm assuming Ti) and then take the confusion and try to imply "I" was the one that is confused, and in doing this it's a passive aggressive attack. Just too introverted or something, i don't know..i have already connected the dots and gone on the the next thing, i want the next piece of info...they stay on the subject too long...he will even bring things up like from like 6 months ago if someone says oh i'm wierd and like pancakes with m&m's...it's like he uses that info in front of all of the family next time...like a convo starter or something(inferior Fe)...i don't even beleive in the feeling of akward but intp's make me sort of understand that feeling...even though i have no real shame and can just mostly shrug it off...i feel bad for others though.

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    if they see you as being quick to judge and think that you will judge them/aspects of them/whatevertheywouldwanttoopenupwith, they wont open up to you and you are being judged as someone not worth opening up to, because you would just make(what seems to them) superficial snap judgments about it and not strive to understand it properly.
    I do not know I am giving that off then
    I hope not because I try hard to just get them in the convo, or relate to them... they want nothing to do with me...ha ha...and don't want to relate back and i'm a big believer in not putting in too much energy if the person will not reciprocate.

Quote Originally Posted by Pseudo View Post
    I find them very bossy. I don't like being bossed.
    I really try not to be...but you could just say "hey you're doing that bossy thing again" ha ha...and it's over, i'm done...for now...it's definately something I continually have to redirect though

Quote Originally Posted by Fourplay View Post
    You know.. I interpreted it the same way you did. INTP lack of social skills even makes them come off as tactless in real life. I assure you, their infallibility is what they'd like to believe of themselves too. I once asked an INTP what she thought of herself, she told me "elite." It was deadpan. But, I assure you many of them mean well.
    Thanks, see? I really think it's the difference between extraversion and introversion...ENTP's still have a way of saying...but take this with a grain of salt...if they're actaully confused instead of saying "confused, this is what i said, what's the problem?"

It's funny you say that they mean well, because I just realized...i'm thinking that they don't ha ha...but it's really just me taking whatever they're saying personally. interesting ha ha thanks

Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    If I may interject myself into this conversation for the purposes of clarification:

Here's how I would have responded to the question: "S/he is confused about Enneagram type and would like information on distinguishing the types from one another. I came upon this link for how the types pay attention, which could be useful in discerning if her style of paying attention points to one type more than another. I'll send it to her."
    You: "Is this a good resource, as it contains information about Socionics?"
    Me: "The information about Socionics is irrelevant, as you are looking at the Enneagram information. And the author has credibility in the subject area."
    You: "?"
    Me: "??"
    You: WTF?
    Me: Communication fail.

Te--> I'll look for external validation from credible and reliable sources.
    Ti--> Screw authority, I'll evaluate the information and decide if it makes sense.
    In refernce to bolded: It was relevent. I had saw on there that there was something about socionics...in addition to enneagram(of course, cause it was a Direct link ha ha)... and i was wondering what they thought about it...I probably was looking for some kind of "Te external validation" or whatever...but that page he/she had me on was a socionics forum or something...which i joined by the way...and learned that socionics people are effing hard core...and most don't like MBTI ...i don't go there as much as here

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

lol INTP is like the least controlling type in all of MBTI, well at least of other people and ENTJ is like the most controlling!

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by YWIR View Post
    What have you learned little intp ?
    Inferior Fe + Inferior Fi = Hell