First 56789 Last

Thread: INTP+ENTJ

As Long As It Takes.... Redbone's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Salomé View Post
    INTP men tend to be less outspoken than the women (with a tendency to be passive-aggressive). They are also much more polite and cuddly. Never quite figured out why the differences.
    ^Yeah...I have often wondered if I was actually INTJ because of that.

I love ENTJs. My oldest sister is one and we were very close (not anymore...she is very religious now and not supposed to talk to someone like me). I've known a few other ENTJs, mostly women. Had a brief relationship with one...it's incredible how loving they can be with someone they care about.

We just 'get' each other. Understand each other. I don't know what it is.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Redbone View Post
    ^Yeah...I have often wondered if I was actually INTJ because of that.
    It wouldn't be the first time I've been called one. I'd happily own the type if only I could figure out what the fuck Ni is...

I love ENTJs. My oldest sister is one and we were very close (not anymore...she is very religious now and not supposed to talk to someone like me).
    Someone like you??
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Some of them make me see red:

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Urarienev View Post
    Yea i figured...but even you guys ENTP's are easier and nicer to talk to ... it could be that inferior Fe...that's my hang up.

They are so different from me...I'm very quick to disclose information about myself open up to whomever...and they're not lol...that itself makes me annoyed...and i'm sure i'm reading them wrong or whatever...because i'm the one with the problem lol...

here's an example though when i was trying to figure out my enneagram

INTP: "Try reading this link How Enneagram Type Pay Attention, it was very helpful!

Me:"I see that this has some descriptions of socionics...do you think it's the best?"

INTP: "I linked you an enneagram article :confused: This article was taken from Helen Palmer's book and she is a known enneagram researcher.

That website has descriptions of MBTI, enneagram, some writing by Jung, and socionics. It's multi-source."

And then it took me like 12 days to respond and i had to have an ISFJ interpret what the person meant...because i took it as him/her saying you're an idiot it's a multi source can't you see that...so my Fi had to sit there...and it did...no difference...still annoyed with that response...i was asking him/her if they thought it was the best link to look at things for learning about sociaonics. gurr..still angered having to explain myself right now...

Me : "I was asking your simple opinion...whether it was a good website for that type of thing or not...obviously its a multi-source. that's all, thanks anyways "

almost every convo i have with an intp gets confused somehow...and i take it personally
    If I may interject myself into this conversation for the purposes of clarification:

Here's how I would have responded to the question: "S/he is confused about Enneagram type and would like information on distinguishing the types from one another. I came upon this link for how the types pay attention, which could be useful in discerning if her style of paying attention points to one type more than another. I'll send it to her."
    You: "Is this a good resource, as it contains information about Socionics?"
    Me: "The information about Socionics is irrelevant, as you are looking at the Enneagram information. And the author has credibility in the subject area."
    You: "?"
    Me: "??"
    You: WTF?
    Me: Communication fail.

Te--> I'll look for external validation from credible and reliable sources.
    Ti--> Screw authority, I'll evaluate the information and decide if it makes sense.

figsfiggyfigs

Most INTP males that I've come across tend to be very meek and submissive. I don't know if this is just my luck or the common INTP.

Quote Originally Posted by YWIR View Post
    Most INTP males that I've come across tend to be very meek and submissive. I don't know if this is just my luck or the common INTP.
    Meek and submissive, as in unwilling to fight with you?

figsfiggyfigs

Quote Originally Posted by andante View Post
    Meek and submissive, as in unwilling to fight with you?
    From experience of course, and I'll admit, riddled with bias:

• Just goes along with w.e. If an argument occurs, they just shrug it off, or become passive aggressive. They're generally not willing to get into arguments( not necessarily yelling/breaking down a conversation), just anything that they feel is a criticism of them.

• If they do argue, it is rare, and they have a tendency of latching on to small insignificant detail and become blinded to the bigger picture, which is immensely frustrating when they can't get past it.

• They don't seem to be initiators either, which is a complete turn off. Want something, go get it, fight tooth and nail for it.

• They also have a habit of not "understanding basic things" in relationships, if I noticed anything on this forum, it is the invalidation of other's beliefs( and I don't mean just religious). So many threads about neglectant INTP partners who can't comprehend why their partner requires their presence every once in a while, or why they want to celebrate birthdays, or go out for dinner. It almost appears as if because they don't understand the joy another experiences with a belief/desire, they are unwilling to experience it with their partner or refuse to acknowledge it as a valid conviction for their partner. It's this odd mixture of dismissive judgment with a hint of entitlement. Then there are some on the complete other spectrum, who do not have an opinion on anything, which isn't remotely asfrustrating.

• Some also seem to be rather lazy, as in, wishing someone else can take the wheel, take care of them, or on the opposite side, have to 'take care' of someone as little as possible, which is not my personal preference in a relationship.

Of course, this is all judgment on my part. It's more of my dislike for them as partners than anything. I like ambition, a trait that is rare to find in coasting INTPs.

For an "brainy" type, they sure are clueless.

Example of oblivious INTPs :"I stare at this girl all the time, why does she think I like her?". Jesus fucking christ.

More aware and mature INTPS make great friends though, since I expect next to nothing.
    I effing love fiery INTPs though. They feisty humorous(non emo) ones are amazing to have as platonic friends.

Salome and Jockthemotie are great examples of INTPs whose posts I always enjoy reading.

<waits for picky INTP rage>

[*]Just goes along with w.e. If an argument occurs, they just shrug it off, or become passive aggressive. They're generally not willing to get into arguments( not necessarily yelling/breaking down a conversation), just anything that they feel is a criticism of them.
    One of the best things about mature INTPs is that they love to banter. Once you're in their inner circle, they can be relentless.

But when it comes to serious anger, as in fighting about something emotional, our two types can grind. ENTJs can be quite critical where we don't soft sell. Our anger is directed. When INTPs experience this focused anger, their immediate reaction is to shut down/withdraw and think about it. Push them beyond this and they can flip out with their Fe-Ne. Bear in mind my experiences have been with mature INTPs and doesn't encompass all INTPs, particularly some of the ones in this thread.

If they do argue, it is rare, and they have a tendency of latching on to small insignificant detail and become blinded to the bigger picture, which is immensely frustrating when they can't get past it.
    This is the Fe-Ne flip out, where Ne drags in unrelated items and patches it into the whole. It also can be Ti-Si, locking down in a loop. Once again, these are from personal experiences and don't necessarily encompass all INTPs, particularly the ones in this thread.

They don't seem to be initiators either, which is a complete turn off. Want something, go get it, fight tooth and nail for it.
    From a non-platonic perspective, all three INTP exes initiated our connections. The first one met through cyberspace was really determined, where he pursued for six months of daily interactions, until I was willing to meet him.

They also have a habit of not "understanding basic things" in relationships, if I noticed anything on this forum, it is the invalidation of other's beliefs( and I don't mean just religious). So many threads about neglectant INTP partners who can't comprehend why their partner requires their presence every once in a while, or why they want to celebrate birthdays, or go out for dinner. It almost appears as if because they don't understand the joy another experiences with a belief/desire, they are unwilling to experience it with their partner or refuse to acknowledge it as a valid conviction for their partner. It's this odd mixture of dismissive judgment with a hint of entitlement. Then there are some on the complete other spectrum, who do not have an opinion on anything, which isn't remotely asfrustrating.
    Sounds like you're looking for a more traditional relationship model. Myself, all three exes used to complain about not spending enough time so there was some role reversal going on.

Some also seem to be rather lazy, as in, wishing someone else can take the wheel, take care of them, or on the opposite side, have to 'take care' of someone as little as possible, which is not my personal preference in a relationship.
    Once again, a more traditional relationship model. With my exes, neither took care of each other which was my preference too. Doesn't mean they wouldn't provide emotional support when asked, with the reverse holding true. We just didn't need a lot of it.

Of course, this is all judgment on my part. It's more of my dislike for them as partners than anything. I like ambition, a trait that is rare to find in coasting INTPs.

For an "brainy" type, they sure are clueless.

Example of oblivious INTPs :"I stare at this girl all the time, why does she think I like her?". Jesus fucking christ.
    That's one oblivious INTP! Never had the displeasure of interacting with one that bad.

figsfiggyfigs

When I think of men, I don't think of INTPs. Then again, ENTJ males don't really do it for me either; sorry brethrens.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

When I think of men, I don't think of INTPs. Then again, ENTJ males don't really do it for me either; sorry brethrens.
    No worries.