User Tag List

First 513141516 Last

Thread: INTP+ENTJ

figsfiggyfigs

Quote Originally Posted by WheresMyBunnies View Post
    Seems like younger INTPs. I've been oblivious for a long period of my younger years. It however seems like that, men my age grow into what I was in my younger years. And I seem to do the opposite. I see many men that stop developing their behaviors as they grow older and seem defiant in changing their ways. And single men particularly, they seem like stereotypes to me. Probably why I feel alienated from most men my age.

On the topic, I see great prospects in both ENTJ and ENFJ women for adult INTP males
    Females definitely have a different vibe or quality to them than the male INTPs. I don't know what it is. They seem much more in control of themselves, decisive, and determined than their male counterparts.

I do agree that the male INTPs tend to stagnate after a unspecified period of time, but those with partners seem to get the push or the responsibilities thrusted onto them that allows them to grow while others don't seem to seek out responsibilities and personal growth in maturity. They don't need the world, and any gesture that they're capable of doing to get in is blasphemy.

Quote Originally Posted by andante View Post
    It has more to do with being unwilling to play silly Si-based social games.
    I think this fits my last sentence perfectly.

Social games are not necessarily bad when you're trying to have fun and get to know people. It is when they become an obstacle to attaining a consequential commodity that they should be disengaged and dismissed .

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    -1w sp/sx
    Socionics
    IOU Ni

Quote Originally Posted by YWIR View Post
    Females definitely have a different vibe or quality to them than the male INTPs. I don't know what it is. They seem much more in control of themselves, decisive, and determined than their male counterparts.
    I think that more than anything else, this has to do with gender roles and expectations than with the INTPs themselves. Most of them are neither very masculine or very feminine, so the average female INTP comes across more masculine than the average woman, and the average male INTP less masculine than the average man.
    IN SERIO FATVITAS.

-τὸ γὰρ γράμμα ἀποκτέννει, τὸ δὲ πνεῦμα ζῳοποιεῖ-

figsfiggyfigs

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Hatter View Post
    I think that more than anything else, this has to do with gender roles and expectations than with the INTPs themselves. Most of them are neither very masculine or very feminine, so the average female INTP comes across more masculine than the average woman, and the average male INTP less masculine than the average man.
    Yup, I remember one INTP female talking about this, or maybe it was you in the past, but this is why I stayed away from using words such as masculine and feminine, because I do agree, they tend to have an inclination for a gender neutral existence.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Hatter View Post
    Perhaps the average INTP male is less stereotypically macho but there are a subset that are quite masculine and also, unafraid to explore interests which are stereotypically considered feminine since their interests tend to be expansive due to natural curiosity about the world and how it all works.

As a generality, the INTPs I've had relationships with enjoyed staying fit, whether through running, some weight training, beach volleyball, football, you name it, they were into it. But on the otherhand, they were eccentric where one loved poetry, another was into making the actual pasta noodles or bread from scratch, etc., another was into growing rare orchids. And as usual, they had different intellectual interests into hard and soft sciences, like quantum mechanics, economics, maths, etc. In other words, wherever the link led, they had a need to investigate with their curious minds.

I'm not necessarily trying to convince people to jump into these relationships. Just sharing my good experiences of the combination where in general, it's difficult for me to get cranked with the vast majority of men unless they're fairly well rounded and relatively open-minded individuals.

Social games are not necessarily bad when you're trying to have fun and get to know people. It is when they become an obstacle to attaining a consequential commodity that they should be disengaged and dismissed .
    Most often, social games are a waste of time for me although I will play them sometimes. My preference for connections of any type, are with people who prefer not to play.

MBTI
    INtP
    Enneagram
    1w9

Yup, I remember one INTP female talking about this, or maybe it was you in the past, but this is why I stayed away from using words such as masculine and feminine, because I do agree, they tend to have an inclination for a gender neutral existence.
    Yay! I'm not the only one! Growing up, I always felt like more of an "it" or "just a person" than a "she." I love being a woman, but it's not something I'm always aware of. Like, I remember that I'm a woman if I'm talking to someone I find attractive, or having "girl talk," or standing in front of the mirror, but if I'm just having a discussion with someone or spending time with my family, I just feel like a person.

Ginkgo

INTPs tend to carry out unorthodox lives compared to ENTJs while still tending to be less individualistic than ENTJs in their social perspectives. Consequentially, INTPs are even weirder when they try to be friendly, while ENTJs tend to find outlets in which to contribute. Though the two types would find common ground, in theory, their common desire for autonomy + their differing approaches to their common interests = lots of potential for mishap.

WTF. Someone explain this to me.
    I think alpha women like you will remain hopelessly single. Better embrace this prospect than make pointless threads.
    The fear of poverty turns people into slaves of money.

"In this Caesar there are many Mariuses"~Sulla

Conquer your inner demons first before you conquer the world.

figsfiggyfigs

Quote Originally Posted by yenom View Post
    I think alpha women like you will remain hopelessly single. Better embrace this prospect than make pointless threads.
    I'd probably sigh in agreement had this statement been true. How disappointing. Poo.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    N/A

I like antisocial ENTJs. yeah, they do exist.