Unapologetic being Evolving Transparency's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Working On It View Post
    Argh!!!!!!! Reading this thread makes me long for yesteryears. Husband ENTJ Son INTP. As my husband mellowed with age and my son matured they were very happy running the family business together. Coffee was the answer to everything. Stopping on the way home to brainstorm problems outside the office both could relax and appreciate what the other brought to the table. Husband established the principles and goals, while Son incorporated new ideas and technologies to fulfill those principles and goals, thus enhancing customer satisfaction.

Don't know how it would play out in a male/female relationship, but they are an amazing father and son team.
    That does sound awesome!

If the roles were reversed and an ENTJ was the son, INTP the father, do you think it would still be an amazing team?
    "Once the game is over, the Pawn and the King go back into the same box"

Freedom isn't free.
    "Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear." ~ Orwell
    I'm that person that embodies pretty much everything that you hate. Might as well get used to it.
    Unapologetically bonding in an uninhibited, propelled manner
    10w12

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w2

It would depend on the business. If a INTP father were more visionary, and the son loved the over all direction of the father's ideas and plans and wanted to run with it...it might work just as well. I think the key is maturity of both parties. And of course coffee.

It was over coffee Son could expound on ideas to revise a standard procedure, when Father wasn't in the heat of pressing forward toward the end of a taxing day. It was where Son knew his ideas were being heard and seriously considered. It was also a place where Father could explain to Son his need for quick closure or rigidity in some areas. Son loved learning the business, and Father loved seeing his dream realized in a more current form. There was a mutual respect for each other's differences. Coffee was a non competitive place, a neutral zone, a table enjoyed by a father and son, no caste.

With that type of maturity why couldn't the opposite be equally rewarding?

Unapologetic being Evolving Transparency's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Working On It View Post
    It would depend on the business. If a INTP father were more visionary, and the son loved the over all direction of the father's ideas and plans and wanted to run with it...it might work just as well. I think the key is maturity of both parties. And of course coffee.

It was over coffee Son could expound on ideas to revise a standard procedure, when Father wasn't in the heat of pressing forward toward the end of a taxing day. It was where Son knew his ideas were being heard and seriously considered. It was also a place where Father could explain to Son his need for quick closure or rigidity in some areas. Son loved learning the business, and Father loved seeing his dream realized in a more current form. There was a mutual respect for each other's differences. Coffee was a non competitive place, a neutral zone, a table enjoyed by a father and son, no caste.

With that type of maturity why couldn't the opposite be equally rewarding?
    good point, it probably is based on maturity. And both of them enjoying the business. I was just thinking how long would it be until an entj son would be tired of not be the one in charge. lol

just wanted another opinion. I guess it wouldn't really matter because they would both probably get what they wanted out of the relationship if they were mature enough.
    "Once the game is over, the Pawn and the King go back into the same box"

Freedom isn't free.
    "Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear." ~ Orwell
    I'm that person that embodies pretty much everything that you hate. Might as well get used to it.
    Unapologetically bonding in an uninhibited, propelled manner
    10w12

For anyone who doesn't believe an INTP-ENTJ relationship can work, take a look at this ENTJ self-portrait off the Beren's site that EricB's provided. You should be able to clearly recognise why it can work.

http://www.careerplanner.com/Berens-...lfPortrait.cfm

MBTI
    nerd

they're almost sort of on the right track they just talk and move around too much and that's all there is to it as far as i'm concerned. i prefer the introverted models. slow your damn roll.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by andante View Post
    For anyone who doesn't believe an INTP-ENTJ relationship can work, take a look at this ENTJ self-portrait off the Beren's site that EricB's provided. You should be able to clearly recognise why it can work.

http://www.careerplanner.com/Berens-...lfPortrait.cfm
    You're trying too hard to convince us.
    That will never work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

Quote Originally Posted by Salomé View Post
    You're trying too hard to convince us.
    That will never work.
    This erroneously assumes I care about your opinion.

figsfiggyfigs

Quote Originally Posted by andante View Post
    This erroneously assumes I care about your opinion.
    She is INTP after all. She represents the general demographic that you're trying to convince.
    Last edited by figsfiggyfigs; 09-07-2012 at 02:36 PM. Reason: I guess I should say half-of

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by YWIR View Post
    From experience of course, and I'll admit, riddled with bias:

• Just goes along with w.e. If an argument occurs, they just shrug it off, or become passive aggressive. They're generally not willing to get into arguments( not necessarily yelling/breaking down a conversation), just anything that they feel is a criticism of them.

• If they do argue, it is rare, and they have a tendency of latching on to small insignificant detail and become blinded to the bigger picture, which is immensely frustrating when they can't get past it.

• They don't seem to be initiators either, which is a complete turn off. Want something, go get it, fight tooth and nail for it.

• They also have a habit of not "understanding basic things" in relationships, if I noticed anything on this forum, it is the invalidation of other's beliefs( and I don't mean just religious). So many threads about neglectant INTP partners who can't comprehend why their partner requires their presence every once in a while, or why they want to celebrate birthdays, or go out for dinner. It almost appears as if because they don't understand the joy another experiences with a belief/desire, they are unwilling to experience it with their partner or refuse to acknowledge it as a valid conviction for their partner. It's this odd mixture of dismissive judgment with a hint of entitlement. Then there are some on the complete other spectrum, who do not have an opinion on anything, which isn't remotely asfrustrating.

• Some also seem to be rather lazy, as in, wishing someone else can take the wheel, take care of them, or on the opposite side, have to 'take care' of someone as little as possible, which is not my personal preference in a relationship.

Of course, this is all judgment on my part. It's more of my dislike for them as partners than anything. I like ambition, a trait that is rare to find in coasting INTPs.

For an "brainy" type, they sure are clueless.

Example of oblivious INTPs :"I stare at this girl all the time, why does she think I like her?". Jesus fucking christ.

More aware and mature INTPS make great friends though, since I expect next to nothing.
    I effing love fiery INTPs though. They feisty humorous(non emo) ones are amazing to have as platonic friends.

Salome and Jockthemotie are great examples of INTPs whose posts I always enjoy reading.

<waits for picky INTP rage>
    Seems like younger INTPs. I've been oblivious for a long period of my younger years. It however seems like that, men my age grow into what I was in my younger years. And I seem to do the opposite. I see many men that stop developing their behaviors as they grow older and seem defiant in changing their ways. And single men particularly, they seem like stereotypes to me. Probably why I feel alienated from most men my age.

On the topic, I see great prospects in both ENTJ and ENFJ women for adult INTP males

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by YWIR View Post
    When I think of men, I don't think of INTPs. Then again, ENTJ males don't really do it for me either; sorry brethrens.
    Indeed?

What does do it for you? Do tell.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.