User Tag List

First 910111213 Last

Results 101 to 110 of 160

Thread: INTP+ENTJ

  1. #101
    WALMART
    Guest

    Default

    I get typed with fair frequency as INTP here, so I'll weigh in.

    As with all people, ENTJ's can make particularly good partners given they have developed to a sensible level of social health.


    The weak ones, I'd liken to old men croning from the safety of their porch.

    The strong ones, diplomatic and sexy, firm-willed and tangible.

  2. #102
    meh Salomé's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Posts
    10,540

    Default

    ^I definitely get an entp vibe from you. Right down to the av which is almost identical to a past (pure) ENTP poster.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pseudo View Post
    Different strokes.

    About the Fe I just meant that the ESFJ will generally not mind being the one sort of driving the relationship by being open and engaging. Their warmth overcomes our typical reserve. I disagree about Ti and Te. I have some great relationships qith both ESTJs and ENTJs .
    romantic ones ?
    Most of the "why does my INTP suck at relationships?" threads have been from the perspective of a female. The only man-rant I can recall was a controlling ESFJ who was so lacking in self-awareness and so full of self-pity it hurt to read him and I felt terribly sorry for his INTP partner.
    All my experience with ESfJs tells me our diametrically opposite approach to ... pretty much everything, can only lead to conflict and frustration for both. But as you say, different strokes. I've yet to hear of a successful example of this pairing though.

    Don't get me wrong I son'y mean to bash ENtJs. They are awesome, badasses who get stuff done. I just think there's a certain conflicts with INTPs.
    No argument from me here.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pseudo View Post
    If I don't like what someone is doing or telling me to do ill just agree and then do what ever I want.
    My Fi prevents me from doing this most of the time. If I do, my agreement is always saturated with irony.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

  3. #103
    Senior Member Pseudo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 so/sx
    Posts
    2,051

    Default

    @salome

    I was in a long relationship with an ESTJ, had a sort of fling with an ESFJ. Moms ENTJ, And I lived with a female ESFJ for two years. Living with the ESFJ was great same functions in reverse so you balance each other out. Break each other dominant-tertiary loops.

  4. #104
    philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,042

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Urarienev View Post
    In refernce to bolded: It was relevent. I had saw on there that there was something about socionics...in addition to enneagram(of course, cause it was a Direct link ha ha)... and i was wondering what they thought about it...I probably was looking for some kind of "Te external validation" or whatever...but that page he/she had me on was a socionics forum or something...which i joined by the way...and learned that socionics people are effing hard core...and most don't like MBTI ...i don't go there as much as here
    Yeah I know it was; it just wouldn't be in my mind, because I would just sift through all the information and take what made sense and leave what didn't. But you're saying it's relevant to you because you are trying to determine the credibility of the source?

  5. #105
    now! in shell form INA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    intp
    Posts
    3,198

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Redbone View Post
    I've never tried to get close to another INTP male...I wouldn't even know how and I am one!
    No experience with INTPs either, probably cause neither "tries to get close." I am curious, though, if it's anything like INfPs. I tend to like intp dudes for the most part online. Don't know any confirmed ones IRL.
    hoarding time and space
    A single event can awaken within us a stranger totally unknown to us. To live is to be slowly born.
    — Antoine de Saint-Exupery

  6. #106
    philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,042

    Default

    I was in a relationship with an ENTJ male for about 8 months, and it worked great. I appreciated that he was grounded and disciplined, and could inspire me to have more structure in my life. I liked that he was emotionally balanced and nearly impossible to offend, and was pretty in touch with reality. I liked that I could ask him questions about social interaction and he would tell me the answers in an honest yet nonjudgmental manner. He was rational and detached, yet sensitive to my needs. He appreciated that I am sane and calm; he said that if he hadn't met me he would probably hate women because I'm the only one he's met who in his opinion is rational and not crazy or immature. We both value honesty and freedom in relationships. We had a ton in common, and never had a problem with communication. We never fought, and we're still friends.

    I may not be INTP, but if I am I would expect the INTP-ENTJ relationship dynamic to be somewhat along these lines when it works well, and the types would appreciate these things about each other.

  7. #107
    Member Savitri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 so/sx
    Socionics
    LIE
    Posts
    88

    Default

    I dated one for 7-8 months. We were friends for about 7 years before anything romantic happened. Within those 7 years our communication was sporadic, at times havin only 1 conversation a year, albeit a very long conversation of what has happened in the previous months. Then one summer, fireworks of intellectual mumbo-jumbo and unpopular opinions were discussed and I fell head over heels.

    Te + Ti is a strong combo in tackling mind boggling arguments and discussions but completely retarded when it came to matters of the heart.

  8. #108
    As Long As It Takes.... Redbone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    2,879

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Savitri View Post
    Then one summer, fireworks of intellectual mumbo-jumbo and unpopular opinions were discussed and I fell head over heels.

    No experience with INTPs either, probably cause neither "tries to get close." I am curious, though, if it's anything like INfPs. I tend to like intp dudes for the most part online. Don't know any confirmed ones IRL
    .
    It's really hard to get close to them, too. That would be fine if they didn't have a tendency to be so freaking irresistible.

  9. #109
    Member Savitri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 so/sx
    Socionics
    LIE
    Posts
    88

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Redbone View Post
    I know. Get over it
    .
    It's really hard to get close to them, too.
    Ah, not really. The Fi-doms in my life tend to like sharing their views, values, and opinions on a myriad of topics. It's great listening to them speak because you can tell they're so invested in it.

    As for Ti-doms you have to get pass their "another dumb bitch" pretense. I kid. The Ti-dom opened up when he knew he could trust me to judge things objectively without causing harm to his integrity. But I don't think this is limited to just INTPs.

  10. #110
    Unapologetic being Evolving Transparency's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ESI Fi
    Posts
    3,182

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    Yeah I know it was; it just wouldn't be in my mind, because I would just sift through all the information and take what made sense and leave what didn't. But you're saying it's relevant to you because you are trying to determine the credibility of the source?

    Sort of...I guess. I think i was just asking their opinion because they had led me to that site for whatever reason it was...he gave me a site ha ha i guest is the real reason why it was relevant to him..? ha ha is that what you're asking...i'm way lost now on relevance...but this is an Ni thing, it relates to things in weird ass ways and then cannot explain them to people...it's like another language ha ha dammit communication fail on my part...then i get impatient from it happening so much.

    On a different note, the other day if you were to ask me if you were an infp from that one thread you had, i would have said yes 100%. But now you seem so NT on this thread ha ha...at least you have a common denominator of Ne lol.
    "Once the game is over, the Pawn and the King go back into the same box"

    Freedom isn't free.
    "Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear." ~ Orwell
    I'm that person that embodies pretty much everything that you hate. Might as well get used to it.
    Unapologetically bonding in an uninhibited, propelled manner
    10w12

Similar Threads

  1. [NT] I can't tell if I'm INTP, ENTJ, or even INTJ/ENTP.
    By qvercvs in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-20-2016, 07:51 AM
  2. Replies: 29
    Last Post: 10-04-2015, 01:22 PM
  3. [NT] INTP - ENTJ conflict
    By Barlwooh in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 04-28-2011, 04:53 PM
  4. [NT] INTP & ENTJ relationship
    By Twixt in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 09-22-2010, 07:10 PM
  5. [NT] INTP - ENTJ
    By judges in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: 04-27-2009, 12:14 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO