24 55.81%
First 678910 Last

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by andante View Post
    The two types are so different. INTJs look like this >. INTPs look like this <.
    I see what you're saying here. Yes. Although I can't explain it.

I voted INTJ.

And I know for certain that "concise" does not include me unless I'm summarizing information.

Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    I see what you're saying here. Yes. Although I can't explain it.

I voted INTJ.

And I know for certain that "concise" does not include me unless I'm summarizing information.
    To explain the pictorial, INTJs take a substantial amount of information and narrow it down to one conclusive possibility. INTPs create here and now, then expand out to many possibilities.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4

It depends on the individual's learning style. Conciseness without a context is rather pointless.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

After years spent on INTPc, INTJf, and this forum...

INTJs start off fairly concise, but often fall into the trap of the point-by-point rebuttal.

INTPs are accused of the "wall of text" but this is actually fairly rare.

The most obvious "wall of text" posters are often in fact accused of being non-INTPs by other INTPs. INTPs prefer precision and long texts are scattered, not precise. The INTP often strives to write an elegant turn of phrase (often metaphor) that encapsulates the entire idea. The INTP can certainly ramble on a subject they favor... but it has to be a subject they enjoy and are knowledgeable about. Most are also aware that such rambling is frowned upon, so they limit it unless they believe they are given permission to ramble and detail every point and digression about their thinking process on the subject.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Salomé View Post
    A telling economy?

Side note: Is it me, or do all INTJ posts read as ESL?
    I feel the same way. INTJ writing always seems kind of soulless to me. It's often needlessly technical, and that's where 1) they lose the reader and 2) they lose points for conciseness. INTPs are much better at figuring out what it is the other person needs to know and delivering it, whereas INTJs give you a breakdown of points that doesn't quite hit the spot. With exceptions of course.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Am I being asked to vote? The answer is: it depends on the person. I assume the poll isn't about two forum members named INTP and INTJ.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    INxx
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

When talking in their area of expertise INTJs are going to be more laconic. Thats going to make them more concise. INTPs love to elaborate on their favourite topics and give all the details.
    I hope I'm wrong, but I believe that he is a fraud, and I think despite all of his rhetoric about being a champion of the working class, it will turn out to be hollow -- Bernie Sanders on Trump

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsWhatHeSaid View Post
    I feel the same way. INTJ writing always seems kind of soulless to me. It's often needlessly technical, and that's where 1) they lose the reader and 2) they lose points for conciseness. INTPs are much better at figuring out what it is the other person needs to know and delivering it, whereas INTJs give you a breakdown of points that doesn't quite hit the spot. With exceptions of course.
    this is a good point. INTPs are much better at adapting to their audience (the so-called social chameleon effect). INTJs just batter every audience over the head with the same dogmatic style.

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    Neither of them can compete with ISTJ, though, so why try?

INTPs probably beat both at precision, though.

Also, don't use the forum as the basis for your conclusions.
    Damn, this is confusing. Why do you have Strawberries avatar?

What should we use if not the forum?
    I don't know any INTJs IRL (maybe one guy I used to work with, but I'd never swear to anyone's type without their input - that way lies confirmation bias) and INTJf bores me to tears.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    Also, don't use the forum as the basis for your conclusions.
    Other than forums like this one, where else are we going to have a large sample of people that we believe are INTPs or INTJs?

Maybe at a chess club, or a hackers convention or something, but the P-J dichotomy is pretty hard to nail down in those groups (even when we look at Ti v. Te, Ni vs Ne, etc.)

Accept the past. Live for the present. Look forward to the future.
    Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

I wish I wasn't so lazy and could be bothered to construct a theoretical argument in support of my claim...

Sumdy gonnae?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.