24 55.81%
First 9101112 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Te

That was my point. To claim that NTJs are so much "more emo" than NTPs is kind of silly. Emotions and feelings affect everyone, including all four types of NT.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    N/A

When I ramble, it's usually breadth over depth. It's difficult to elaborate on only one point, because, to me, the point, if said once, cannot be any more said. 1 + 1 = 2. What else is there to say about that? I can talk about the idea of quantity and its usefulness in our empirical reality. I could talk about "1" and the special things surrounding this particular quantity, or the quantity "2" and its properties, or the operation that is "+", or even the state of "=", but this is already what I mean by breadth over depth. I can only talk plenty on the plenty.

I debate at school, and going according to theory of "concise in arguments-INTP", I am the quickest speaker in our entire debate organization. I think I say the most with the least words though, but that's according to my understanding of what I said. I also think that xNTJs on the same club elaborate too much on the irrelevant.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Salomé View Post
    Another question for the INTs: how ramble-y (or otherwise) are you in private correspondence with friends (e.g. emails )?
    Honestly, I never ramble.

I mean, people that ramble kinda bug me.

Like one time I was in school, well, technically I wasn't IN school, but it was during school...I mean, not school time, but I was enrolled. Anyway, this girl I knew in class (I met her while walking to one of my favorite restaurants, El Cholo*, which is a Mexican restaurant that has these vegetarian tacos and 15 different salsas (and I'm a salsa prostitute)) called me to go over an assignment we had for psychology. I think it was a social psychology assignment, because I remember thinking it was dumb, and at the time, I thought social psychology was just idiotic, but later I thought it was really clever. Anyway, she calls me, and starts telling me about her boyfriend. And I was like "wtf? Can we talk about the assignment?" because I didn't have that much time because I had to go to the gym, because at that time, I was working out a lot because I was trying to get fit, because Summer was coming up and I wanted to look good in my Spedo. BITCH WOULD NOT STOP RAMBLING. So annoying.

* I think this is a slur, but that would be weird, right? Like if I named a restaurant The Shiksa or The Jew. Not that I would. (Name it that. Not own a restaurant. I've always wanted to own a cafe or something, but I've only worked in one for a short time, and I don't think I could manage it. Not that I'm an idiot or anything, but still...
    Last edited by ThatsWhatHeSaid; 08-25-2012 at 09:12 PM. Reason: forgot something important

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by freeeekyyy View Post
    That was my point. To claim that NTJs are so much "more emo" than NTPs is kind of silly. Emotions and feelings affect everyone, including all four types of NT.
    "emo" has specific connotations which are not found in the parent word.

I was mocking you (gently).
    It's an intellectual response to absurdity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

Oh no, Ne-Ti does not ramble. And neither does Ti-Ne or Ni-Te!

Is it time for that "one time at band camp..." joke yet?
    To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    After years spent on INTPc, INTJf, and this forum...

INTJs start off fairly concise, but often fall into the trap of the point-by-point rebuttal.

INTPs are accused of the "wall of text" but this is actually fairly rare.

The most obvious "wall of text" posters are often in fact accused of being non-INTPs by other INTPs. INTPs prefer precision and long texts are scattered, not precise. The INTP often strives to write an elegant turn of phrase (often metaphor) that encapsulates the entire idea. The INTP can certainly ramble on a subject they favor... but it has to be a subject they enjoy and are knowledgeable about. Most are also aware that such rambling is frowned upon, so they limit it unless they believe they are given permission to ramble and detail every point and digression about their thinking process on the subject.
    Note about etiquette taken.

MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by ygolo View Post
    Other than forums like this one, where else are we going to have a large sample of people that we believe are INTPs or INTJs?

Maybe at a chess club, or a hackers convention or something, but the P-J dichotomy is pretty hard to nail down in those groups (even when we look at Ti v. Te, Ni vs Ne, etc.)
    Dragon Con! I haven't been, but it sounds cool. I would expect it would be filled with INXX's, and the majority INTX's. (If you were to hypothetically find yourself there, with some method of conducting research.)

Seriously though, you can look at statistics and other people's research. Which is still flawed as it is (probably) usually based on people simply taking the test and not giving it a second thought, so many people are probably mistyped; but it's an option.

Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    Dragon Con! I haven't been, but it sounds cool. I would expect it would be filled with INXX's, and the majority INTX's. (If you were to hypothetically find yourself there, with some method of conducting research.)

Seriously though, you can look at statistics and other people's research. Which is still flawed as it is (probably) usually based on people simply taking the test and not giving it a second thought, so many people are probably mistyped; but it's an option.
    Little research is done using MBTI these days, the Five Factor Model has become much more popular in academia.

Also, if you know of any research that studied personality and concision, please let me know.

Accept the past. Live for the present. Look forward to the future.
    Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield

MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    INTPs are very detail oriented people.
    INTJs are very big picture oriented people.
    INTJs are therefore more concise.
    INTPs though are better at explaining things.
    They both have their uses then though Te is probably more useful than Ti.
    Then people who are INTX flip flop between super concise and the opposite of concise. It's like not seeing the forest for the trees and not seeing the trees because you are flying miles above it and it looks like a sea of green, at the same time. Either brilliant and extremely effective or completely incomprehensible.

Just a theory.