Default ENTP 9

Type 9 - 12.3
    Type 3 - 9
    Type 7 - 8.7
    Type 6 - 7.7
    Type 4 - 7
    Type 1 - 6.7
    Type 8 - 6

Is this combination possible? I've been doing a bit of research, there are those of the opinion that ENTP's are incapable of being anything apart from 5 or 7 primary.

I've always had trouble with Enneagram, I could never find one that "fit". I once typed as 6 primary on a test, though I never felt appeal to the description, I could not relate any more than I could relate to five, or three, or seven, or two. After renewed interest about two weeks ago, I am consistently typing as a 9 on various Enneagram testing sites, and only today had I actually read the description for 9 types. The 9 type never appealed to me because of the title, the word "Calm", threw me off... I do not view myself as calm. But now that's I've read and understood, nine just fits me so well.... I relate so well.

My theory is that having fairly sensitive Fe as a tertiary function, it has developed me to some point where I feel it is my duty to be neutral force to the outside world. Over the years, my Ne and lack of filter have ground myself down to nothing, repeatedly committing offense after offense of objective opinion... I have no honor nor shame, no ego or lack thereof, I simply try to exist in as peaceful a manner as possible... I guess.

Exemplifiers:

-Just two nights ago, a fight broke out outside of a bar. Despite it raining, I went out into the street to regulate the fight and ensure no major damage was being done. A couple weeks prior, two gentlemen were exchanging words outside another bar. I stood between them a tad off to the side (despite being a stranger) just to ensure fair play was being conducted. I'm not completely against fighting, I just don't want anyone who is 'playing' to have an unfair advantage... it really puts me off.

-One of my biggest irks is insulting people directly. I cannot stand when someone, during an argument, resorts to unfair words that undermine the other person's ability to retort. To provide a fact is something, to provide an opinion of fact is another, but to present something so uncounterably objective as an insult to intelligence or something similar irks me, it irks me hard. I told U once if he messaged a girl with a skin disease making fun of her I would eternally hate/troll him. I also remember feeling distaste for the ones who agreed he should do it... you know who you are.

-I am quick to shrug off arguments. I am incredibly inclined to agree to disagree (I'm a big fan of the saying 'to each his own') than pursue arguments over subjective opinions and unknowable topics.

-Characters I have always related with have been loner types that carry guns. I like the gun, is it symbolic of the power that must be exercised from time to time in order to prevent further conflict. The six shooter is particularly attractive, it symbolizes the restraint and precision that must be used when choosing to fire. A list of my favorite characters would go Roland Deschain, Vash the Stampede, The Man With No Name, Squall Leonhart... do you notice a theme?

-The police force/military has always had great appeal to me. I enjoy the concept of bringing justice to people who deserve it, I very much enjoy the concept of bettering the world for our next generations. I have a romanticized view of war and law.

-I've dreamt of being a Monk in the Tibetan mountains. Buddhist dogma, I feel, I have always related with. I would find it particularly interesting that Buddhist dogma has not 'taught' me much, most of the tenants I had arisen to naturally, only to find out someone had beat me to the definitions... I wonder how receptive they are to gringos?

-When I was being fired, my direct supervisor's right hand man was talking with me. He told me, "I know you like her (a coworker), but she's the one that screwed you over." I answered, "It's not that I like her, it's that I like everyone."

It truly is difficult for me to not like someone, even when I know you have committed some of the already stated irksome actions. I understand you. I cannot say no to you. I'm a door mat. I will put myself in an incredibly disadvantageous position just to satisfy the will of another. It gets me in trouble frequently, and I know when I'm doing it I am screwing myself over... yet I simply cannot say no.

-When people feel emotional reaction from my sharp words, it lingers for a good period of time. I feel guilty, so guilty.... I still feel guilty for something I said to Victor my first few days at the forums, as innocent as it was... My best friend once told me when I was young that I was the most shameful person he's met. I took great offense, but I now see what he means... I'm just naturally disposed to not like myself and things I say. It flares my Fe so hard.

I really don't know what I should do for y'all to help me. I feel like by typing all this I am exemplifying a fond line from a Coheed song, "When the answer that you want is in the question that you state, come what may". I do like the nine, I find nobility in it. Shoot with any questions you have, I'd be more than glad to answer them, and you'd be helping me out a bit as well.

Also, tl;dr'ers, my bad.

I even feel egotistical for posting this much =/ What is that a trait of?

Senor Membrae Eugene Watson VIII's Avatar
    MBTI
    iSFP
    Enneagram
    idk sp

I've considered myself ENTP too as my Ti fairs well, but probably just a so/sp INFP. I have one friend that types as 9w8 ENTP and have seen that combo quite a few times. The only types I think I've seen for ENTPs are everything but 1 2 4 5.

I have no idea how ENTP and 9 actually mesh though...maybe like an ENTP that fades to nothing (numbing) when unhealthy and vice versa....Idk.
    Myers-Briggs: xsFP

Enneagram: 9?-4wX?-5/6

~ People don't think it be like it is, but it do. ~

Anew Leaf

Quote Originally Posted by jontherobot View Post
    Type 9 - 12.3
    Type 3 - 9
    Type 7 - 8.7
    Type 6 - 7.7
    Type 4 - 7
    Type 1 - 6.7
    Type 8 - 6

Is this combination possible? I've been doing a bit of research, there are those of the opinion that ENTP's are incapable of being anything apart from 5 or 7 primary.

I've always had trouble with Enneagram, I could never find one that "fit". I once typed as 6 primary on a test, though I never felt appeal to the description, I could not relate any more than I could relate to five, or three, or seven, or two. After renewed interest about two weeks ago, I am consistently typing as a 9 on various Enneagram testing sites, and only today had I actually read the description for 9 types. The 9 type never appealed to me because of the title, the word "Calm", threw me off... I do not view myself as calm. But now that's I've read and understood, nine just fits me so well.... I relate so well.

My theory is that having Fe as a tertiary function, it is developed to some point where I feel it is my duty to be neutral force to the outside world. Over the years, my Ne and lack of filter have ground myself down to nothing, repeatedly committing offense after offense of objective opinion... I have no honor nor shame, no ego or lack thereof, I simply try to exist in as peaceful a manner as possible... I guess.

Exemplifiers:

-Just two nights ago, a fight broke out outside of a bar. Despite it raining, I went out into the street to regulate the fight and ensure no major damage was being done. A weeks nights prior, two gentlemen were exchanging words outside another bar. I stood between them a tad off to the side (despite being a stranger) just to ensure fair play was being conducted. I'm not completely against fighting, I just don't want anyone who is 'playing' to have an unfair advantage... it really puts me off.

-One of my biggest irks is insulting people directly. I cannot stand when someone, during an argument, resorts to unfair words that undermine the other person's ability to retort. To provide a fact is something, to provide an opinion of fact is another, but to present something so uncounterably objective as an insult to intelligence or something similar irks me, it irks me hard. I told U once if he messaged a girl with a skin disease making fun of her I would eternally hate/troll him. I also remember feeling distaste for the ones who agreed he should do it... you know who you are.

-I am quick to shrug off arguments. I am incredibly inclined to agree to disagree (I'm a big fan of the saying 'to each his own') than pursue arguments over subjective opinions and unknowable topics.

-Characters I have always related with have been loner types that carry guns. I like the gun, is it symbolic of the power that must be exercised from time to time in order to prevent further conflict. The six shooter is particularly attractive, it symbolizes the restraint and precision that must be used when choosing to fire. A list of my favorite characters would go Roland Deschain, Vash the Stampede, The Man With No Name, Squall Leonhart... do you notice a theme?

-The police force/military has always had great appeal to me. I enjoy the concept of bringing justice to people who deserve it, I very much enjoy the concept of bettering the world for our next generations. I have a romanticized view of war and law.

-I've dreamt of being a Monk in the Tibetan mountains. Buddhist dogma, I feel, I have always related with. I would find it particularly interesting that Buddhist dogma has not 'taught' me much, most of the tenants I had arisen to naturally, only to find out someone had beat me to the definitions... I wonder how receptive they are to gringos?

-When I was being fired, my direct supervisor's right hand man was talking with me. He told me, "I know you like her (a coworker), but she's the one that screwed you over." I answered, "It's not that I like her, it's that I like everyone."

It truly is difficult for me to not like someone, even when I know you have committed some of the already stated irksome actions. I understand you. I cannot say no to you. I'm a door mat. I will put myself in an incredibly disadvantageous position just to satisfy the will of another. It gets me in trouble frequently, and I know when I'm doing it I am screwing myself over... yet I simply cannot say no.

-When people feel emotional reaction from my sharp words, it lingers for a good period of time. I feel guilty, so guilty.... I still feel guilty for something I said to Victor my first few days at the forums, as innocent as it was... My best friend once told me when I was young that I was the most shameful person he's met. I took great offense, but I now see what he means... I'm just naturally disposed to not like myself and things I say. It flares my Fe so hard.

I really don't know what I should do for y'all to help me. I feel like by typing all this I am exemplifying a fond line from a Coheed song, "When the answer that you want is in the question that you state, come what may". I do like the nine, I find nobility in it. Shoot with any questions you have, I'd be more than glad to answer them, and you'd be helping me out a bit as well.

Also, tl;dr'ers, my bad.

I even feel egotistical for posting this much =/ What is that a trait of?
    Hmm, interesting.

I have some free time in the next few days and I will write up stuff from my egram book for you.

I dated an ENTP 7w8 for a few years and he is better now that he is a little older... and I think his answers to what you say here would be vastly different. He always liked stirring the pot with people and seeing what would happen. He is a loner at heart and always lamented needing others for anything.

I have another ENTP friend who is incredibly sweet and giving and I have never really thought about his egram type... your responses sound a lot like him.

Curiousness!

WALMART

@Saturned

I post that on your wall prior to reading this, lol.

interesting.

Unapologetic being Evolving Transparency's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

I have had a hard time with finding my enneagram as well...but you have certainly helped me identify i'm not a nine...and I like long postings, no need to feel egotistical that might be a trait of a nine, not feeling important enough or something...not sure.

May I ask where you took this test?

Anew Leaf

Quote Originally Posted by jontherobot View Post
    @Saturned

I post that on your wall prior to reading this, lol.

interesting.
    Egram differences can be rather interesting to notice in the same type, and I have collected ENTPs the most out of all of my friends. I have 5 RL friends who are ENTP, plus 3 family members. Just off the top of my head, I would guess their egram types to be a mix of 5, 6, 7, and 8. My ex might even be 8w7 but he is sort of mellowing as he gets older. When I first met him he was a lot more confrontational. Now he is channeling that energy into law school. I can make him feel bad easily though. Fe-tert is such a gift to humanity as the ENTP gets older.

I have a set of three brothers who are all ENTP, although the middle one might be INTP. Anyways. The oldest is some combo of 5/6, the middle is 5w4, and the youngest is 7w8 (I get into the most trouble with him ). My friend that you are reminding me of... I sort of thought he was 7w6, but I could see 9. He is extremely kind, would give his shirt off of his back for anyone, and frequently makes those dumb, foot-in-mouth jokes that NTPs gravitate towards like gravity, and then both laughs/feels bad about it. (Example, his wife just had a baby and they named him Jonah and his "go-to" joke was to point out how she's the whale that swallowed him.)

Anyways, I am rambling.... and taking over your thread....

WALMART

Quote Originally Posted by minutegovt View Post
    I've considered myself ENTP too as my Ti fairs well, but probably just a so/sp INFP. I have one friend that types as 9w8 ENTP and have seen that combo quite a few times. The only types I think I've seen for ENTPs are everything but 1 2 4 5.

I have no idea how ENTP and 9 actually mesh though...maybe like an ENTP that fades to nothing (numbing) when unhealthy and vice versa....Idk.

I would likely consider myself unhealthy, in many respects.

Ironically, I also find it healthy. I'm a walking contradiction. Split indecision.

WALMART

Quote Originally Posted by Urarienev View Post
    I have had a hard time with finding my enneagram as well...but you have certainly helped me identify i'm not a nine...and I like long postings, no need to feel egotistical that might be a trait of a nine, not feeling important enough or something...not sure.

May I ask where you took this test?

http://similarminds.com/cgi-bin/similarminds.pl

-and-

http://www.eclecticenergies.com/enneagram/test.php

I just noticed site 2 has a second test, perhaps I will take that and see what it gives me.

Also, take what I've said with a grain of salt, cause I'm learning as much as you are

WALMART

Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    Egram differences can be rather interesting to notice in the same type, and I have collected ENTPs the most out of all of my friends. I have 5 RL friends who are ENTP, plus 3 family members. Just off the top of my head, I would guess their egram types to be a mix of 5, 6, 7, and 8. My ex might even be 8w7 but he is sort of mellowing as he gets older. When I first met him he was a lot more confrontational. Now he is channeling that energy into law school. I can make him feel bad easily though. Fe-tert is such a gift to humanity as the ENTP gets older.

I have a set of three brothers who are all ENTP, although the middle one might be INTP. Anyways. The oldest is some combo of 5/6, the middle is 5w4, and the youngest is 7w8 (I get into the most trouble with him ). My friend that you are reminding me of... I sort of thought he was 7w6, but I could see 9. He is extremely kind, would give his shirt off of his back for anyone, and frequently makes those dumb, foot-in-mouth jokes that NTPs gravitate towards like gravity, and then both laughs/feels bad about it. (Example, his wife just had a baby and they named him Jonah and his "go-to" joke was to point out how she's the whale that swallowed him.)

Anyways, I am rambling.... and taking over your thread....

Rambling is my favorite. A lot of truth can come out, in rambling.

You know, my first year of college... I want to say I was Enneagram tested by my abnormal psych teacher. I also want to say I tested 8, because of my preference for 8's, and I remember being the "challenger" sounded cool.

Reading the description... I don't totally think it's me, though. Maybe back then, but I've grown, you know? Or maybe it's not what I want to be... but that doesn't really count for much, does it?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

An interesting thought and well played with the ideas. I wonder about ENTPs subtype categories that adhere to a certain nature of things. Often ENTPs are portrayed as chaotic in thought and enjoy playing around with the different possibilities to understand and learn new things. Then there's their morality factor from the Fe function playing into a fairness of play. Do you over-think your thoughts to the point of questioning if what you did is inclined to harmony?