User Tag List

123 Last

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Default INTP + INTJ relationships, do they work?

Well? Is this match up likely to work? I've heard that it doesn't, but I think it stems a lot from the immaturity of people who analyze the issue and love to make dualistic opposites between INTP's and INTJ's. I think the two are far more similar than many others. Add to that I probably flip between the two in my own personality. I'm a predominantly INTP guy talking to an INTJ girl. We get along magically, and I've never ever connected with someone on that level. We think alike, share the same beliefs, values, interests, sense of humor, etc. etc. One of the few people in this world I've ever felt free to open up to on just about anything and everything.

What do you think about the INTP/INTJ dynamic?

MBTI
    INTP

Though you'll often be on the same page, you'll want to be moving onto the Glossary while she wants to go back to Contents.
    Why do we always come here?

I guess we'll never know.

It's like a kind of torture,
    To have to watch this show.

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
    MBTI
    Hype

Mort, are you talking about communication or sexual relations?

MBTI
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Risen View Post
    . . . It's close to being the best possible situation.

So, go for it!

And take her to Shakespeare and Company. Once there, treat her to a Guinness and a basket of fish and chips. You'll thank me later.
    "The only time I'm wrong is when I'm questioning myself."
    Haight

MBTI
    INXP

Sounds like a good match...you have lots in common, but you also complement each other.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Quote Originally Posted by Risen View Post
    Well? Is this match up likely to work? I've heard that it doesn't, but I think it stems a lot from the immaturity of people who analyze the issue and love to make dualistic opposites between INTP's and INTJ's. I think the two are far more similar than many others. Add to that I probably flip between the two in my own personality. I'm a predominantly INTP guy talking to an INTJ girl. We get along magically, and I've never ever connected with someone on that level. We think alike, share the same beliefs, values, interests, sense of humor, etc. etc. One of the few people in this world I've ever felt free to open up to on just about anything and everything.

If the physical chemistry is there, it sounds like a great match. I lean toward thinking like matches are preferred over opposite matches, but both have their benefits. Make a conscious effort not to let her shoulder more than her fair share of the mundane responsibilities and I don't think you'll have too many problems.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    INTP

I'm an INTP female married to an INTJ male. There are a few constant points of conflict but on the whole it's a complementary match.

only bites when provoked
    MBTI
    INTJ

We're nerdy enough to scare the parents, yet we communicate well, trust one-another, are comfortable, and don't need to be mushy in some foreign way to make the other happy.

We can also sit next to each-other on our laptops and it doesn't bother either of us one bit (like we are right now).

Pretty good, if you ask me.
    I 100%, N 88%, T 88%, J 75%

Disclaimer: The above is my opinion and mine alone, it does not mean I cannot change my mind, nor does it guarantee that my comments are related to any deep-seated convictions. Take everything I say with a whole snowplow worth of salt and call me in the morning, if you can.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5W6

I am INTJ. Have dated 3 INTP men in the last 5 months. It was always wonderful at the start, but then I realise they just don't understand certain aspects of a relationship, like how to get past limerence and how to pair-bond. Which has been a horrible experience. I feel they live somewhere in outer space. I think they mean well, but are just not grounded enough for me. I can be friends with INTPs, but a relationship? No. And the higher the numbers, the more air-headed and emotionally vacant they seem to me.

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Explain what you mean by "pair bonding."