User Tag List

First 345

Results 41 to 49 of 49

  1. #41
    Analytical Dreamer Coriolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Posts
    17,581

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by great_bay View Post
    @Coriolis

    How is your relationship with the INTP mate of yours? I'm curious.
    How so? Is there something specific you are interested in?
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

  2. #42
    Senior Member great_bay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    541
    Posts
    947

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    How so? Is there something specific you are interested in?
    Can you read books written by INTP's? Is communication attractive? Can you understand Ti? What do you find romantic about your INTP bf?

  3. #43
    Super Ape Luke O's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    954
    Posts
    1,742

    Default

    I'm in an INTP-INTJ relationship. We are much on the same wavelength for a lot of things, more than we are with other people.

    I do get the aloofness/arrogance from her sometimes, and my lack of organisation annoys her. We aren't without our arguments and troubles, but we talk to work things out.

    And we have an ENFP (I think) daughter thrown into the mix. Make of that what you will

  4. #44
    Analytical Dreamer Coriolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Posts
    17,581

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by great_bay View Post
    Can you read books written by INTP's? Is communication attractive? Can you understand Ti? What do you find romantic about your INTP bf?
    1. I can't tell whether the books I read are by INTPs or not. (Odd question.)

    2. What do you mean about communication being attractive? I generally communicate well with my INTP, meaning we understand each other well. I am much more direct than he is, so if I want him to put out the trash I will ask directly "please put out the trash". If he wants me to do it, he will simply observe that the trash is full.

    3. I understand what my INTP is talking about most of the time. I can't say whether that is understanding Ti, or rather understanding the particular combination of TiNeSiFe that he uses. We connected very early on in our relationship, primarily through discussing our dreams and plans for future life. Finding considerable overlap in this area is part of what made us a couple.

    4. The most romantic thing about my INTP is simply how much he cares about me, how consistently he shows it, and how persistently he feels it, after > 15 years now.

    Quote Originally Posted by Luke O View Post
    I'm in an INTP-INTJ relationship. We are much on the same wavelength for a lot of things, more than we are with other people.

    I do get the aloofness/arrogance from her sometimes, and my lack of organisation annoys her. We aren't without our arguments and troubles, but we talk to work things out.
    ^ This too. When we do disagree, it is hardly ever about things that couples typically argue about. Yes, he is much less organized than I, and he accuses me (not without cause) of thinking I am always right. I find it interesting how we will often reach the same conclusion using completely different methods or approaches. It is a good check on the soundness of our decision.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...
    Likes Luke O, great_bay liked this post

  5. #45
    Super Ape Luke O's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    954
    Posts
    1,742

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    ^ This too. When we do disagree, it is hardly ever about things that couples typically argue about. Yes, he is much less organized than I, and he accuses me (not without cause) of thinking I am always right. I find it interesting how we will often reach the same conclusion using completely different methods or approaches. It is a good check on the soundness of our decision.
    We had an argument recently, and I did accuse my wife of her thinking that she's always right (and I'm always wrong). It did not go down well...

    But yes, we do reach more or less the same conclusions with stuff, even if there is different reasoning. If I come to the same conclusion after her, she might say "I just said that" and I have to explain that I agree with her

    We seem to have mutual respect for each other's level of intelligence too. I think that's important to help keep things balanced, if we're both (even if slightly) in awe of each other's abilities. That and funny jokes as well.

  6. #46
    Senior Member great_bay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    541
    Posts
    947

    Default

    Errr Never mind the questions I asked about Ti and communication not being attractive.

  7. #47
    Senior Member great_bay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    541
    Posts
    947

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Luke O View Post
    We had an argument recently, and I did accuse my wife of her thinking that she's always right (and I'm always wrong). It did not go down well...

    But yes, we do reach more or less the same conclusions with stuff, even if there is different reasoning. If I come to the same conclusion after her, she might say "I just said that" and I have to explain that I agree with her

    We seem to have mutual respect for each other's level of intelligence too. I think that's important to help keep things balanced, if we're both (even if slightly) in awe of each other's abilities. That and funny jokes as well.
    I would want a relationship with a partner that is dominate so I wouldn't mind my partner thinking they're always right. They should at least consider other viewpoints.

  8. #48
    Analytical Dreamer Coriolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Posts
    17,581

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Luke O View Post
    But yes, we do reach more or less the same conclusions with stuff, even if there is different reasoning. If I come to the same conclusion after her, she might say "I just said that" and I have to explain that I agree with her
    Several years ago we decided to buy a new car. I researched online for a few hours, checking manufacturer websites, consumer information sites, automotive review sites, etc. and identified what seemed the best choice, followed by several runners-up. My INTP visited many of the same websites over a period of weeks. He made a spreadsheet listing all the possibilities, and comparing the specs and features of each. At the end of this process, he identified the same first choice as I. That is what we bought after test-driving the top contenders. That is fairly typical for our decision making.

    Quote Originally Posted by Luke O View Post
    We had an argument recently, and I did accuse my wife of her thinking that she's always right (and I'm always wrong). It did not go down well...
    How did this situation get resolved?
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...
    Likes Luke O liked this post

  9. #49
    Super Ape Luke O's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    954
    Posts
    1,742

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    How did this situation get resolved?
    It was part of a big argument, I forget the main cause, but it didn't get resolved, I didn't talk to her for a few days. Hurtful words went both ways...

Similar Threads

  1. Personality Assessments - How Do They Work?
    By highlander in forum Online Personality Tests
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-15-2011, 08:46 PM
  2. [INTJ] Gift-Buying for INTJs - What do they want???!!!
    By onelovelylove in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 62
    Last Post: 01-11-2011, 07:52 PM
  3. Opposing judgment functions- how do they work for you?
    By BlackCat in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 09-24-2009, 09:08 PM
  4. Snap Decisions: Do they work?
    By proteanmix in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 03-06-2008, 04:03 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO