Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sx
    Socionics
    wtf

Quote Originally Posted by Pyxi View Post
    I am INTJ. Have dated 3 INTP men in the last 5 months. It was always wonderful at the start, but then I realise they just don't understand certain aspects of a relationship, like how to get past limerence and how to pair-bond. Which has been a horrible experience. I feel they live somewhere in outer space. I think they mean well, but are just not grounded enough for me. I can be friends with INTPs, but a relationship? No. And the higher the numbers, the more air-headed and emotionally vacant they seem to me.
    I was in a long-term relationship with an INTJ, and I can see some of the problems you've experienced. The INTJ was a bit more serious about everything, milestones, etc. than I could ever be. But it's a mistake to think an INTP (or any normal human being) is "emotionally vacant". If anything, it's the INTJ who has more difficulty being expressive.

The issue that killed us was mutual neglect. Having two people who deny they have emotional needs in a relationship can be a real challenge, especially if they are also not being open about other things (both can have a tendency to be secretive). But I don't think in general that the INTP/INTJ relationship is doomed. It's not the kind that explodes, but fades. Non-negligible chance of becoming "roommates" after years of marriage, etc.
    I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
    - Umberto Eco

INTP e9 (sx/so/sp)
    Ti = Ne (41.3) > Si (31.2) ~ Ni (31.1) ~ Te (30.1) > Se (24.1) >> Fe (21) & Fi (20.1)

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

I think it would be more of a God / Follower relationship, since INTPs usually say only and always about INTJs: "It's already worse for me as an intp but as an intj it must be doubly hard" or "I hope, when I am grown up, I can achieve the clarity to see things like an INTJ"

I tell you something, everyone is bribable dont let the INTJs make you their pet slaves, rather trust the ENTPs they gonna share things with you and will treat you like brothers, I promise *fingers crossed*
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    N/A

More into the functions, The differences between Ni and Ne makes it hard to communicate. Interpretation is priority to one whilst connection is important to another.

This is a joke but at the same time, there's some truth to it.

COMPATIBILITY: INTPs make ideal companions to INTJs, as neither of them notices they're in a relationship.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

Ha ha ha ha ha. Ha ha. Ha. Ha ha ha. Ha ha ha ha. Ha. Ha. No.

Consulting Detective Mr. Sherlock Holmes's Avatar
    MBTI
    JiNe
    Enneagram
    5W4

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    I tell you something, everyone is bribable dont let the INTJs make you their pet slaves, rather trust the ENTPs they gonna share things with you and will treat you like brothers, I promise *fingers crossed*
    Why don't I trust this?
    JiNe
    Ti | Fi | Ne | Si | Te | Ni | Fe | Se
    Enneagram: 5w4 sx/sp

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ENTJ

What about ENTJ(female)-INTP(male) relationships?

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Metaphor View Post
    This is a joke but at the same time, there's some truth to it.
    Hahahha, well...I'm an ENTJ and had to drop the news to my INTP darling. I told him: "Am I a closet girlfriend?, we see each other almost every night, we have dinner, work on some personal projects together, meet with my friends and they invite us to join them. We go to the Opera with your parents, we have dinner with your parents, I go to church with your sister....we take care of your grandma every now and then, we're making plans to visit my family for the holidays. We've been doing all this for almost 8 months: WE ARE IN A RELATIONSHIP!!! and you STILL HAVEN'T TOLD YOUR ROTARY CLUB FRIENDS YOU'RE WITH SOMEONE!!!!!??????" (hence I am not invited to the meetings/parties/dinners). His answer was: "Erhh..I am still not sure if I want to marry you", as if it takes that to publicly accept you are in a relationship ¿What does it take for an INTP to realize/accept and reconcile with the fact that he is in a relationship?