User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Results 31 to 40 of 69

  1. #31
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    13,989

    Default

    The OP offers the kind of theory that can't be applied back to reality with any accuracy. Take a sample of writing from an individual of either type, and without knowing anything about the author, tell me which represents "INTP writing" and which represents "INTJ writing."
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  2. #32
    Senor Membrae Eugene Watson VIII's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    MBTI
    iSFP
    Enneagram
    idk sp
    Posts
    832

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Faceless Beauty View Post
    Actually I've noticed that plenty of Te users prefer more clipped sentences rather than long run-ons, and the structure overall would be more categorized and rigid. The Ti user will probably be more likely to have longer sentences since you can follow their process of thought on the page. Ti writing structure that I have seen seems more fluid and less focused on the organization of sentences and paragraphs than Te structure is.
    Not necessarily. Ti would go as far as their system goes and try to say whatever is relevant, as Te would. That's until there are some contradictions in the system again and Ti needs to be used again until equilibrium is reached, same as Te (e.g, oh...well if I cant get this car going by 8am, I will have to think of something else to get to work!). it's mostly Ne in INTPs that force them to look for more and cause them to ramble on, giving Ti more work to do.

    INTJs tend to be way more precise, until Ni starts looking further and your all like 'woah man, I think it's just a party. you're going to have to explain why you think it's a setup more' etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    Our pen IS our sword.
    Touche

    Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    The OP offers the kind of theory that can't be applied back to reality with any accuracy. Take a sample of writing from an individual of either type, and without knowing anything about the author, tell me which represents "INTP writing" and which represents "INTJ writing."
    That would be tougher than it sounds. It's much easier to tell over a forum when you interact with them though.
    Last edited by Eugene Watson VIII; 08-23-2012 at 03:59 AM.
    Myers-Briggs: xsFP

    Enneagram: 9?-4wX?-5/6

    ~ People don't think it be like it is, but it do. ~

  3. #33
    Senior Member Entropic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILI Ni
    Posts
    1,199

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Salomé View Post
    Or rather, the opposite of what you said:


    INTPs love symbols, and formulae. We are definitely the "less is more" type.

    People tell me often that my writing is extremely clear and comprehensible (as is my spoken communication style). I do not recognise the random ramblings you describe.
    You are actually first person out of all the ones I have had comment on this to disagree. I definitely cannot recognize myself with "less is more". Yes, I like minimalism, but to reduce something into its essential core by utilizing a reductio ad absurdum kind of think is not something I think is common among INTPs. And did you pay attention to the portion where I notice on the Ti redundancy aspect? If anything it perhaps sounds like this is something you are doing, if you are absolutely certain that you are a Ti dom, that is.

    Quote Originally Posted by ThatsWhatHeSaid View Post
    I agree with Salome. I don't usually have trouble expressing myself. (I'm xNTP.) In fact, I really enjoy communicating complicated ideas. I found the rest of what you said very accurate. Context is very important to me, and I tend to explain things sequentially. As far as structure, I find that the organization of my ideas takes on new forms as I write and gain more clarity. Speaking helps me clarify ideas, which changes their structure. I often find myself rewriting paragraphs or starting explanations over to backtrack and develop a more accurate picture. Great post!
    Communicating complex ideas is different how you communicate them, though. My comment is more about the thought-process itself. It sometimes feel difficult to communicate the idea because the idea is too complicated than language allows it to be expressed.

    I also think Ne development might play a role here. The more developed Ne is, the more likely you are to take upon a blabbery kind of writing style, until Si is decently developed to help hold Ne back.

    I was waiting for the day you and I would meet.

    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Youtuber | The Typologist Blog | Redditor | Message me!

  4. #34
    Senior Member Entropic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILI Ni
    Posts
    1,199

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    The OP offers the kind of theory that can't be applied back to reality with any accuracy. Take a sample of writing from an individual of either type, and without knowing anything about the author, tell me which represents "INTP writing" and which represents "INTJ writing."
    You think? I base this on studying quite a few INTPs and INTJs writing on an internet forum. I would say it is fairly accurate. In fact, my article is actually very similar to what Keirsey already proposed, as an INTJ pointed out to me (of course, as an INTP, this is not something that would've naturally occurred to me).

    I also base this on my experience of typing others. You will see a difference in how Ne and Ni is expressed in writing, just like you will see a difference between Ti and Fi (are more likely to be confused than Ti and Te). It just takes practice to learn how to spot it properly.

    I was waiting for the day you and I would meet.

    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Youtuber | The Typologist Blog | Redditor | Message me!

  5. #35
    Senior Member Entropic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILI Ni
    Posts
    1,199

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SuchIrony View Post
    Great article LeaT. Have you thought about doing one for the rest of the types?

    I identify alot with the INTP style, in particular these paragraphs rang very true for me:

    This doesn't mean that INTPs do not put a lot of thought into what they write. The INTP's problem when writing therefore lies in that the INTP feels that there is no way one can succinctly express the complexity of Ti externally. (I have in fact serious issues trying to express INTP writing in this very article because I indeed feel that there is no way any text could fully express what I am trying to say, since I must constantly consider all the INTP details that creates my system.)


    I also want to add that the INTP is more likely to use conjunctions than the INTJ. Words such as "and", "but" and "maybe" are common. The INTP has no problem writing run-on paragraph sentences without any full stops. The INTP also constantly uses words that may imply uncertainty. Words such as "perhaps", already mentioned "maybe", "mostly likely" and so forth are often used to provide with what the INTP perceives as clarity (study how many I've used in this paragraph!). Compare to the INTJ that does not use such words because INTJs want to achieve certainty. INTPs on the other hand strive for uncertainty because they constantly see new connections of data they did not previously consider. The INTP may therefore arrive at the paradoxical conclusion that uncertainty is the only thing they can be certain about and this is often reflected in their writing. As I used to jokingly tell my e-friends: I am born confused made to confuse


    I do identify somewhat with the INTJ style though. I like succinctness as long as it doesn't compromise truth and I like having bullet points where appropriate.
    Yes. I have been considering it for the INFP versus something (not sure which). The limitations of writing for other styles lies in that I can't access all type combinations that easily, mind-set wise. I could for instance explain the ISTP writing, especially how Ni is extremely useful for the ISTP when making text flow better, but unfortunately I can't offer much of a deep analysis. Perhaps part because I haven't studied that many ISTPs and how they write.

    Extraverted thinking is also almost completely alien to me.

    I was waiting for the day you and I would meet.

    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Youtuber | The Typologist Blog | Redditor | Message me!

  6. #36
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    13,989

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LeaT View Post
    You think? I base this on studying quite a few INTPs and INTJs writing on an internet forum. I would say it is fairly accurate. In fact, my article is actually very similar to what Keirsey already proposed, as an INTJ pointed out to me (of course, as an INTP, this is not something that would've naturally occurred to me).

    I also base this on my experience of typing others. You will see a difference in how Ne and Ni is expressed in writing, just like you will see a difference between Ti and Fi (are more likely to be confused than Ti and Te). It just takes practice to learn how to spot it properly.
    My challenge stands.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  7. #37
    Senior Member Entropic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILI Ni
    Posts
    1,199

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    My challenge stands.
    I feel no need to support additional proof than what's already provided in the OP. I had considered to quote immature INTJ and INTP writing respectively, but I felt it would've been unethical.

    I was waiting for the day you and I would meet.

    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Youtuber | The Typologist Blog | Redditor | Message me!

  8. #38
    meh Salomé's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Posts
    10,540

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    The OP offers the kind of theory that can't be applied back to reality with any accuracy. Take a sample of writing from an individual of either type, and without knowing anything about the author, tell me which represents "INTP writing" and which represents "INTJ writing."
    Agreed. Bit of Forer effect thrown in for good measure.

    Quote Originally Posted by LeaT View Post
    You are actually first person out of all the ones I have had comment on this to disagree.
    Maybe no one else read it all the way through?
    I definitely cannot recognize myself with "less is more".
    I noticed.
    Yes, I like minimalism, but to reduce something into its essential core by utilizing a reductio ad absurdum kind of think is not something I think is common among INTPs.
    You're wrong. Reductio ad absurdum, in its original (non-pejorative) sense, is something Ti excels at.
    As is recursively reducing something to its essence
    E.g. E=mc2
    Unless you're suggesting that INTPs don't make good mathematicians/theoretical physicists?
    And did you pay attention to the portion where I notice on the Ti redundancy aspect?
    I assumed you didn't know what "redundancy" means. INTPs (or any Ti-Dom)
    *hate* to be redundant.
    A lot of your post is gobbledygook to me. I assume because you are ESL.
    if you are absolutely certain that you are a Ti dom, that is.
    *rollseyes*
    More certain than that you are.

    Constructing this kind of OP (and cross posting across multiple sites) is a kinda INTJ thing to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

  9. #39
    meh Salomé's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Posts
    10,540

    Default

    You seem confused...

    Quote Originally Posted by LeaT View Post
    Extraverted thinking is also almost completely alien to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by LeaT View Post
    I have no problem accessing either style, but this is because both my NiTe are quite developed for an INTP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

  10. #40
    In orbit
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx
    Posts
    291

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LeaT View Post
    Yes. I have been considering it for the INFP versus something (not sure which).
    INFJ, please.
    After all we're to INFP what INTJ is to INTP.
    Often confused with one another, even by ourselves.
    As an added bonus INFJ functions should also be familiar to you with Fe and Ti in our make up and because you're already thought of Ni's influence. If you find the time I'm sure people in land (as many NTs like to think of it... ), also known as the NF idyllic, would really be exited to hear an analysis on this particular subject, with both types being so fond of literature, poetry and writing.

Similar Threads

  1. [INTJ] INTJ and INTP Relationship
    By Jetta in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-19-2017, 02:50 PM
  2. [INTP] INTP Management Styles
    By Luke O in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-30-2015, 02:04 PM
  3. [INTJ] INTJ Spectrum of Learning Styles
    By CuriousFeeling in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-24-2015, 02:43 PM
  4. [NT] INTJs vs. INTPs
    By MerkW in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 09-05-2009, 04:46 PM
  5. I'm new here, INTJ, borderline INTP
    By The Ü™ in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 06-07-2007, 01:18 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO