User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Results 21 to 30 of 69

  1. #21
    Senior Member Nicodemus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    9,133

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LeaT View Post
    Cultural differences? I think German is very hard to read. It's just compact to me, as Swede. Spanish flows better. There's more to it than what I am trying to express but yeah. Felt like I dug my own grave here and I can't really justify my opinion so meh.
    You can be partially saved: It is true that German - like Latin - morphology is more analytic (instead of synthetic) than, say, English morphology. What is not true is that German is thus 'compact'.

  2. #22
    Anew Leaf
    Guest

    Default

    This explains why I like TJ writing so much; I am a huge fan of bullet points.

    Very well written! I obviously identify a lot with the INP stuff, but I can relate to some of the INTJ side as well.

    Language is delicious.

  3. #23
    Transient Faceless Beauty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    ENTj Ni
    Posts
    177

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    I would have guessed Te would cause users to write in long run-on sentences because they think in straight lines of cause and effect reasoning whereas a Ti user would have more structured and organized writing rather than because A is this B must be that which connects the 2 to C of course of which the Ti user would say that this item fits into definition A and that item proves category B under the rules of C.

    edit - Warning as I may not know what I am talking about as usaul. This is just my usual uninformed opinion not based on objective evidence!
    Actually I've noticed that plenty of Te users prefer more clipped sentences rather than long run-ons, and the structure overall would be more categorized and rigid. The Ti user will probably be more likely to have longer sentences since you can follow their process of thought on the page. Ti writing structure that I have seen seems more fluid and less focused on the organization of sentences and paragraphs than Te structure is.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."-Roger Kint, The Usual Suspects
    "You're the same decaying organic matter as everything else."- Tyler Durden, Fight Club
    ENTJ, LIE-Ni, 9w8-6w5-3w2

  4. #24
    meh Salomé's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Posts
    10,540

    Default

    You seem to be saying the INTJ style is more academic and the INTP more literary.

    I don't know, I can write in either style (amongst others). But I have well-developed Te.

    Some of what you say rings true. Especially this:

    Quote Originally Posted by LeaT
    the INTP feels the system in their mind is so complex they can't even begin to put it into words. They therefore end up saying something incredibly reductionist and abstract to the point where others cannot even begin to understand what they are trying to say, for instance:

    The apple is not just an apple.
    I've seen INTJs do this too though...
    And we don't necessarily expect everyone to understand at all. Other people's understanding is not always the most important thing in INTP communication. It's just a bonus when it happens.

    Much of the rest doesn't ring true to my experience.

    I find INTJ writing much more abstruse and redundant than INTP writing, which strives, above all, for simplicity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

  5. #25
    morose bourgeoisie
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    3,860

    Default

    I think INTPs go for brevity because they aren't interesting in expounding on anything unless doing so points towards what is true.
    INTJs seem to like to say whatever will get a reaction , raise eyebrows, so to speak. They seem less interested in truth and more in winning or dominating the present argument.

  6. #26
    Senior Member Entropic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILI Ni
    Posts
    1,199

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Salomé View Post
    You seem to be saying the INTJ style is more academic and the INTP more literary.

    I don't know, I can write in either style (amongst others). But I have well-developed Te.

    Some of what you say rings true. Especially this:



    I've seen INTJs do this too though...
    And we don't necessarily expect everyone to understand at all. Other people's understanding is not always the most important thing in INTP communication. It's just a bonus when it happens.

    Much of the rest doesn't ring true to my experience.

    I find INTJ writing much more abstruse and redundant than INTP writing, which strives, above all, for simplicity.
    Which is kind of what I was saying. I am stereotyping here a little to make the wriing styles more clear. I have no problem accessing either style, but this is because both my NiTe are quite developed for an INTP.

    I was waiting for the day you and I would meet.

    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Youtuber | The Typologist Blog | Redditor | Message me!

  7. #27
    meh Salomé's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Posts
    10,540

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LeaT View Post
    Which is kind of what I was saying. I am stereotyping here a little to make the wriing styles more clear. I have no problem accessing either style, but this is because both my NiTe are quite developed for an INTP.
    Or rather, the opposite of what you said:
    Since INTJs have Te as their auxiliary function, they will desire a strong need to structure the chaotic nature of Ni by looking for external frameworks to provide with structure. This need to create an external framework also affects the way the text is structured, making the INTJ writing appear as a brick wall that will stand all tests of time. The writing is direct, to the point, well-structured and often highly synthetisized. If the INTJ could reduce their writing into one single symbol they would do it.

    In contrast, the INTP writing is often seen as incredibly confusing, especially to non-Ne users. This is because the INTP reaches outwards and sees all the connections around the subject they write about, which added with their informative communication style, makes them feel the need to inform others about every little detail as to why the subject is.
    INTPs love symbols, and formulae. We are definitely the "less is more" type.

    People tell me often that my writing is extremely clear and comprehensible (as is my spoken communication style). I do not recognise the random ramblings you describe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

  8. #28
    Senior Member ThatsWhatHeSaid's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Posts
    7,233

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Salomé View Post
    Or rather, the opposite of what you said:


    INTPs love symbols, and formulae. We are definitely the "less is more" type.

    People tell me often that my writing is extremely clear and comprehensible (as is my spoken communication style). I do not recognise the random ramblings you describe.
    I agree with Salome. I don't usually have trouble expressing myself. (I'm xNTP.) In fact, I really enjoy communicating complicated ideas. I found the rest of what you said very accurate. Context is very important to me, and I tend to explain things sequentially. As far as structure, I find that the organization of my ideas takes on new forms as I write and gain more clarity. Speaking helps me clarify ideas, which changes their structure. I often find myself rewriting paragraphs or starting explanations over to backtrack and develop a more accurate picture. Great post!

  9. #29
    Analytical Dreamer Coriolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Posts
    17,594

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nebbykoo View Post
    I think INTPs go for brevity because they aren't interesting in expounding on anything unless doing so points towards what is true.
    INTJs seem to like to say whatever will get a reaction , raise eyebrows, so to speak. They seem less interested in truth and more in winning or dominating the present argument.
    Our pen IS our sword.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

  10. #30
    Honor Thy Inferior Such Irony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne
    Posts
    5,091

    Default

    Great article LeaT. Have you thought about doing one for the rest of the types?

    I identify alot with the INTP style, in particular these paragraphs rang very true for me:

    This doesn't mean that INTPs do not put a lot of thought into what they write. The INTP's problem when writing therefore lies in that the INTP feels that there is no way one can succinctly express the complexity of Ti externally. (I have in fact serious issues trying to express INTP writing in this very article because I indeed feel that there is no way any text could fully express what I am trying to say, since I must constantly consider all the INTP details that creates my system.)


    I also want to add that the INTP is more likely to use conjunctions than the INTJ. Words such as "and", "but" and "maybe" are common. The INTP has no problem writing run-on paragraph sentences without any full stops. The INTP also constantly uses words that may imply uncertainty. Words such as "perhaps", already mentioned "maybe", "mostly likely" and so forth are often used to provide with what the INTP perceives as clarity (study how many I've used in this paragraph!). Compare to the INTJ that does not use such words because INTJs want to achieve certainty. INTPs on the other hand strive for uncertainty because they constantly see new connections of data they did not previously consider. The INTP may therefore arrive at the paradoxical conclusion that uncertainty is the only thing they can be certain about and this is often reflected in their writing. As I used to jokingly tell my e-friends: I am born confused made to confuse


    I do identify somewhat with the INTJ style though. I like succinctness as long as it doesn't compromise truth and I like having bullet points where appropriate.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne




Similar Threads

  1. [INTJ] INTJ and INTP Relationship
    By Jetta in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-19-2017, 02:50 PM
  2. [INTP] INTP Management Styles
    By Luke O in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-30-2015, 02:04 PM
  3. [INTJ] INTJ Spectrum of Learning Styles
    By CuriousFeeling in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-24-2015, 02:43 PM
  4. [NT] INTJs vs. INTPs
    By MerkW in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 09-05-2009, 04:46 PM
  5. I'm new here, INTJ, borderline INTP
    By The Ü™ in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 06-07-2007, 01:18 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO