• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Which type makes the best serial killer and why?

which type?

• intp

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • infp

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • intj

Votes: 8 28.6%
  • infj

• istj

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • isfj

• istp

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • isfp

• entj

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • enfj

• entp

• enfp

• estj

• esfj

• estp

• esfp

• Total voters

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
[MENTION=14015]Inari Love[/MENTION]

Serial killers are known for being cold, methodical, hyper-organized, and very detail oriented. "Science of a thousand details" and such. Sounds more like an ISTJ than INTJ to me.

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[MENTION=14015]Inari Love[/MENTION]

Serial killers are known for being cold, methodical, hyper-organized, and very detail oriented. "Science of a thousand details" and such. Sounds more like an ISTJ than INTJ to me.

I just think Ni is really good at worst case scenerio's...i don't get that from an istj...they are concerned with duty...i feel like Si would have too much apprehension about the future going badly...cause um that's what it does...lol Ni is like i can do this this this and this to get around all of this...i dont feel like an istj is a problem solver in the same way an nt would be...i do agree they are methodical though...but i can be about something i'm uber interested in...I just can't see an SJ getting all bent outta shape and becoming a serial killer that's all...ha ha

zelo1954

ISFJophile
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
ISTJ. They are so boring that people would stop watching it.

sprinkles

Mojibake
MBTI Type
INFJ
I vote ESTP based on highest body count in a given time and most interesting deaths.

W

WhoCares

I vote against INTJ because they would be caught really easily. They dont have enough awareness of the outer world to really clean that shit up. Somehow a tail of evidence would dog them. You also need bucketloads of charisma to successfully stalk and move into the inner world of the victim. INTJs are charisma free zones, they are creepy as all get out.

Ism

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Based on

Here's my own pseudo-scientific killer analysis:

WHY TEMPERAMENTS KILL

SJ:
  1. "I was following orders."
  2. "I love my country."
  3. "All my friends do it."

SP:
  1. "Because it was fun."
  2. "I wanted to get rich quick."
  3. "I needed to survive."

NF:
  1. "I was setting my people free."
  2. "God told me to kill."
  3. "I was creating a new style of art."

NT:
  1. "I felt like I was God. UNLIMITED POWER!!!"
  2. "I wanted to see what it would be like."
  3. "I just love to play mind games with the cops!"

I think serial killers of the 'I was following orders,' 'Because it was fun,' 'I wanted to create a new style of art,' and 'I just love to play mind games with the cops' variety are the best serial killers, because I feel as if these motivations have the potential to produce the highest rate of kills, quality of kills, and they promote creativity.

So, for, me, anyone of any temperament can be the best serial killer, and no specific types as a rule.

Yeah, so I was reading old serial killer quiz posts from four years ago. Don't worry about it, I gotchu guys covered.

The Outsider

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
intj 5w6 no question. 5s are good at keeping their own secrets and covering up their own tracks, eliminate all traces of a 4 wing and you have yourself a near-emotionless 100% logical being

What's so logical about being a serial killer?

Ism

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
...I just can't see an SJ getting all bent outta shape and becoming a serial killer that's all...ha ha

No way, SJs are totally the stereotypical mousey dude who feels marginalized by his family and at work because he's a total doormat. In an effort to regain control, he lashes out and kills everybody just to show them how much of a 'doormat' he really is.

What's so logical about being a serial killer?

Planning it out? I don't understand the argument for ISTJs v. INTJs. People are smart enough to know that they could get caught, it's just a matter of what they do about it. Stereotypical SJs will research heavily and meticulously plot everything out so that everything carries on as planned.

Snoopy22

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I’d start with some type of EXXX, I types would make good mass murderers.

From Serial Murder - Multi-Disciplinary Perspectives for Investigators.

Myth: Serial killers are all dysfunctional loners.

The majority of serial killers are not reclusive, social misfits who live alone. They are not monsters and may not appear strange. Many serial killers hide in plain sight within their communities. Serial murderers often have families and homes, are gainfully employed, and appear to be normal members of the community. Because many serial murderers can blend in so effortlessly, they are oftentimes overlooked by law enforcement and the public.

• Robert Yates killed seventeen prostitutes in the Spokane, Washington area, during the 1990s. He was married with five children, lived in a middle class neighborhood, and was a decorated U.S. Army National Guard helicopter pilot. During the time period of the murders, Yates routinely patronized prostitutes, and several of his victims knew each other. Yates buried one of his victims in his yard, beneath his bedroom window. Yates was eventually arrested and pled guilty to thirteen of the murders.

• The Green River Killer, Gary Ridgeway, confessed to killing 48 women over a twenty-year time period in the Seattle, Washington area. He had been married three times and was still married at the time of his arrest. He was employed as a truck painter for thirty-two years. He attended church regularly, read the Bible at home and at work, and talked about religion with co-workers. Ridgeway also frequently picked up prostitutes and had sex with them throughout the time period in which he was killing.

• The BTK killer, Dennis Rader, killed ten victims in and around Wichita, Kansas. He sent sixteen written communications to the news media over a thirty-year period, taunting the police and the public. He was married with two children, was a Boy Scout leader, served honorably in the U.S. Air Force, was employed as a local government official, and was president of his church.

Valis

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
intj 5w6 no question. 5s are good at keeping their own secrets and covering up their own tracks, eliminate all traces of a 4 wing and you have yourself a near-emotionless 100% logical being

Oops ...

W

WhoCares

So.....church goers who patronise prostitutes are the type most likely to be successful serial killers? Which validates my point that serial killers are often socially skilled, pointing to E and F types rather than introverted rationals.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Any type is equally likely to be a serial killer.

It must've been a killer to revive this thread. ;)

Dyslexxie

Dope& diamonds.
I’d start with some type of EXXX, I types would make good mass murderers.

From Serial Murder - Multi-Disciplinary Perspectives for Investigators.

Myth: Serial killers are all dysfunctional loners.

The majority of serial killers are not reclusive, social misfits who live alone. They are not monsters and may not appear strange. Many serial killers hide in plain sight within their communities. Serial murderers often have families and homes, are gainfully employed, and appear to be normal members of the community. Because many serial murderers can blend in so effortlessly, they are oftentimes overlooked by law enforcement and the public.

• Robert Yates killed seventeen prostitutes in the Spokane, Washington area, during the 1990s. He was married with five children, lived in a middle class neighborhood, and was a decorated U.S. Army National Guard helicopter pilot. During the time period of the murders, Yates routinely patronized prostitutes, and several of his victims knew each other. Yates buried one of his victims in his yard, beneath his bedroom window. Yates was eventually arrested and pled guilty to thirteen of the murders.

• The Green River Killer, Gary Ridgeway, confessed to killing 48 women over a twenty-year time period in the Seattle, Washington area. He had been married three times and was still married at the time of his arrest. He was employed as a truck painter for thirty-two years. He attended church regularly, read the Bible at home and at work, and talked about religion with co-workers. Ridgeway also frequently picked up prostitutes and had sex with them throughout the time period in which he was killing.

• The BTK killer, Dennis Rader, killed ten victims in and around Wichita, Kansas. He sent sixteen written communications to the news media over a thirty-year period, taunting the police and the public. He was married with two children, was a Boy Scout leader, served honorably in the U.S. Air Force, was employed as a local government official, and was president of his church.
THIS. I also think that the perception serial killers are withdrawn recluses isn't necessarily true, because the more successful ones who've done it for years without being caught were very well integrated in society (obviously some more than others). Ted Bundy was allegedly the perfect son, and he really lead a normal life for the most part, until the last year prior to being caught (the first time). There was this book written by his partner at a suicide hotline that he worked at, and she refused to believe the story for years after his arrest because she could never imagine the Ted who would cry when they lost people to suicide on the phone becoming the Ted who raped, murdered, and mutilated women. Anyway, obviously anyone can be a serial killer and type doesn't determine that, but here are some extroverted serial killers:

Aileen Wuornos - ESFP
Susan Atkins - ESFP
Karla Homolka - ENFP
Charles Manson - ENFP
Gerard John Schaefer - ESTP
Richard Ramirez - ENTP
John Wayne Gacy - ENTJ
H.H. Holmes - ENTJ

EDIT:
Here's a post for Personality Cafe about Ted Bundy:
Ted Bundy was an ENTP, not any type of xxxJ. He was known to be an extrovert who would become despondent in jail if he could not talk to anyone for extended periods of time - it was exactly how interrogators "broke" him when they were investigating the Chi Omega murders in Tallahassee and the murder of Kimberly Leach in Lake City, Florida.

His Leading Process was Extraverted Intuition - Ne - he was a known wisecracker. He was also constantly prospecting for opportunities to murder girls of a certain type. The coed he bludgeoned into unconsciousness (Lisa Levy) after he left the sorority house at FSU was wounded with a piece of firewood he found outside the Greek house. This was a spur-of-the-moment crime.

His Supporting Process was Introverted Thinking - Si - he was a master logician and debater, as many ENTPs are known to be. He loved politics and was active in College Republicans. After dropping out of law school twice, he finally got the legal case of a life time - he got to represent Ted Bundy versus The People of The State of Florida in a death row case. (I juxtaposed that on purpose.) The arrogant scumbag wannabee lawyer finally got to play attorney in court, even shaking his finger at the judge in an unbelievable act of chutzpah after all his other vile acts. https://youtu.be/eR-_S5lBIbU

His Relief Process was Extraverted Feeling - Fe - Bundy was a notorious smooth talker. His favorite ploy for hooking victims was to wear a cast and pretend to struggle with a heavy stack of library books. In addition to this very sinister use of his Fe abilities, he hoodwinked his landlady into giving him extensions on rent so he could use his money to purchase ski equipment for ski trips, he talked some needy sap into marrying him and bearing his demon child while he was on death row, and somehow involved an Oregon Republican politician in his escape from Death Row in Utah that is still under a cloud of suspicion to this day. (To be politically fair, serial killer John Wayne Gacy had his photo taken with Democratic First Lady Rosalynn Carter at just about the same time.)

His Aspirational Process was Introverted Sensing - Si - like most serial killers, Bundy loved to recall his crimes in vivid detail and relive those moments. (Warning: very graphic description: https://youtu.be/i_sPUOoS4LI )

So there you have it: an extrovert with the classic cognitive functions that match with the ENTP personality. Ted Bundy was ENTP.
I always thought he was an ENTx, but assumed ENTJ just because I thought he was more focused, but I can also really see the ENTP...his manner of speaking, his ability to adapt, his charisma, his quick reactions...looks like ENTP to me.

With that being said, I think ENTPs or ENTJs make the best serial killers.

Don't piss me off forum.
pleasekillthatwomanshe8217sshouting.gif~c200

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
I saw the poll and LOL-ed. (even if I saw it coming)

Anyway, obviously anyone can be a serial killer and type doesn't determine that, but here are some extroverted serial killers:

Aileen Wuornos - ESFP
Susan Atkins - ESFP
Karla Homolka - ENFP
Charles Manson - ENFP
Gerard John Schaefer - ESTP
Richard Ramirez - ENTP
John Wayne Gacy - ENTJ
H.H. Holmes - ENTJ

What is your point ? Extroverts get caught ? So not cool. :D

giorgaros2

MBTI Type
ENTP
to all who voted intj , lol you seem to forget about inferior Se, the intj actually is the most likely type to be a serial killer in his imagination not in reality.
The best serial killers are the smart psychopaths and since most psychopaths are ExTPs i would say ESTP

Felix5

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
ESTPs are master manipulators, I would argue that they are the "masterminds of emotions." Just because INTJs are called the masterminds, doesn't mean we are criminal masterminds. We are academic masterminds and have very little interest in crime. INTJs understand that it doesn't get them anywhere and that it lacks a purpose. Take a look at the Masterminds constantly associated with the personality type:

Famous INTJs - CelebrityTypes.com

All of these people killed in the name of a manifesto...interesting. So INTJs, unhealthy ones, kill or commit violent acts based on their own moral code. A serial killer kills for the thrill of killing, there's no moral code there! It's a thrill seeking, emotion filled, dominating experience. The details of their plan are always very sensory oriented, whereas their intuition is heavily lacking. I don't think INTJs have any interest in this sort of thing. We don't like being around people, let alone dominating them.

ESTPs are so good at manipulation that you will never know you were conned and will be left smiling thinking what a wonderful person that guy is. Anyone who voted for INTJs...have you ever had this experience with an INTJ in your entire life?

Meanwhile he has bodies sitting in his truck waiting to be disposed of.

INTJs on the other hand...you will think us to be horrible, awkward loners, aloof, and disturbing. In reality, we would give you the shirt off of our backs if we could. INTJs can be self sacrificing when they want to be to the people they believe deserve it. When we think something needs to be done for the greater good, we will waste no time. This also has its drawbacks as we can see with people such as Lenin. Lenin certainly believed what he was doing was for the greater good. He was wrong.

We can use our logic for good, why is it that people always think logic pertains to evil? Emotion=good, logic=evil.

I feel like you people can't see the forest for the trees. That makes you easy serial killer fodder. As an INTJ, I can only shake my head at your naivety and pity the next time you will be conned by one of these sociopath nightmares.

But keep thinking we're the ones not to trust.

*My brother is an ESTP and I have watched him manipulate my mother for the last 10 years. It disturbs me greatly that she just can't say no to him.

The very fact that almost no one voted for ESTPs just shows how great they are at lying to your face and plotting secretly behind your back with a smile on their face.

Felix5

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
It's also kind of funny that people view INTJs as robotic. They're one of the more emotional NT types.

I think INTJs are more emotionally than any other type because, like INTPs, they're extremely sensitive to all sorts of minutia.

We just aren't good at verbally or physically expressing this emotion. It's like a system overload for us.

We make the mistake in assuming that people who show emotion are emotional. They aren't. 90% of the time, they are just wearing a mask and want you to believe they are nicer than the next guy. That they care or that they're empathetic.

I don't trust friendly people because I always feel like they're lying underneath that smile.

geedoenfj

The more you know..
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The method of killing is either involve interacting with people before the death or killing by surprise..
I would say ISTX, XNTJ..
I think ESTX, NF types tend to kill only for what they think has a valid reason or for a good of their people, they would find a valid reason for killing other than the killing idea itself..
INFP could bully people to kill themselves which would eventually make them killers [emoji12][emoji12]